MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Apparently the Crew’s new kit is gonna be yellow:

Not sure if this means they’re keeping the 2020 black kit or somehow having this new yellow kit with last season’s gray/yellow/yellow kit.

Honestly, that'd be pretty cool... The silver jersey is pleasant enough, with its only serious crime being that it replaced the yellow, so I'd be happy to see it remain as the away this year alongside the yellow instead of keeping *another* all-black jersey in the MLS rotation.

Even better if they change out the shorts and socks for a nice silver/black/silver look...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were originally planning, until the rightful backlash against ditching yellow *again* led them to switch last-second to existing yellow shorts and socks.

Besides, IIRC it's been a sec since we had the similar white/black/white in MLS?

Really I think the only potential question would be against LAFC's cream away jersey (or *maybe* Colorado's mint away), and they'd probably just want to wear their home sets anyways!

... though now that I think about it, I guess any uniform set they do will be marred by the new logo : /

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Apparently the Crew’s new kit is gonna be yellow:

Two things:

1.) The "yellow gold standard" should have never been abandoned in the first place.

2.) That 9 is not working, yo. (But then, neither is that crest, in that guise anyway.) 

11 hours ago, Digby said:

that’s a good point but the Target circle does intersect with the dash in an odd way…

IDK, something about the Minnesota color scheme doesn’t translate as well to the jerseys as I’d hoped. If the rumors turn out and they do ditch grey for black, I wouldn’t hate that.

I wouldn't, either. Cool gray and ice blue is a pretty decent color combo on its own, and I know the gray comes from MNU's NASL days, but their color scheme is far sharper without it (or at least relegating it to trim in their badge)--and I say this as someone with a bit more MNU gear in his closet than what should probably be legally allowed for a nonresident. 😁

All that plus this: the team store at Allianz itself is literally called "Black and Blue":

pz507j184c2uafuaylxg.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only time they'd really need a change kit is vs Nashville. I'd love to see all three kits in use, just because it makes sense to have the black jersey on hand just in case. 

...just so long as one of those kits isn't akin to those dreadful "city flag" inspired kits they had a few years back. :)

• Like 2

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

1 minute ago, agentrygraphics said:

...just so long as one of those kits isn't akin to those dreadful "city flag" inspired kits they had a few years back. :)

Exactly! And coming out after they'd made the first badge change, that almost cemented how bad it was in my eyes. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Cool gray and ice blue is a pretty decent color combo on its own, and I know the gray comes from MNU's NASL days, but their color scheme is far sharper without it (or at least relegating it to trim in their badge)--and I say this as someone with a bit more MNU gear in his closet than what should probably be legally allowed for a nonresident. 😁

All that plus this: the team store at Allianz itself is literally called "Black and Blue":

pz507j184c2uafuaylxg.jpg

Psst: it's MNUFC :) Nobody calls them MNU here.

And the "Black & Blue" goes back to their NASL days and the Minnesota Black & Blue chant that started then.

Charlotte’s kit is gorgeous and yet the socks are holding it back. The adidas stripes and logos are black on the shirt and the shorts, but are inexplicably white on the socks. You would think the logo treatment would be the same as the shirt since they share the same base color.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Charlotte’s kit is gorgeous and yet the socks are holding it back. The adidas stripes and logos are black on the shirt and the shorts, but are inexplicably white on the socks. You would think the logo treatment would be the same as the shirt since they share the same base color.

Absolutely, that’s the thing that’s bugged me most since the kit was unveiled. If they wanted to incorporate white into the socks, they should’ve made the cuffs white with black adidas stripes. Frankly I think that would’ve balanced out the white sleeves and shorts the best, anyways. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

First kit tease from the Timbers - looks like a muted pink/rose base with a dark red rose design. I 100% want to see a yellow kit in the future, but some sort of pink Rose City Red-themed design was the other option that has been speculated on for some time and I am not mad about it at all. Excited to see the full thing.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

First kit tease from the Timbers - looks like a muted pink/rose base with a dark red rose design. I 100% want to see a yellow kit in the future, but some sort of pink Rose City Red-themed design was the other option that has been speculated on for some time and I am not mad about it at all. Excited to see the full thing.

Whoa....am I seeing that correctly? Have they sublimated a large rose on their jersey?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Portland used this set"

OIP.hn0I47oxWSx0M7pg3eSWHwHaFu?pid=ImgDe

I think that was my favorite Timbers look. That and the correlating green shirt.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think that was my favorite Timbers look. That and the correlating green shirt.

It's kind of funny to think about, but I bet it won't be long before we see this return as a retro kit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Whoa....am I seeing that correctly? Have they sublimated a large rose on their jersey?

Yep, it certainly appears that way. I’m guessing there’ll be more than one rose on the shirt, but it’s tough to tell from the tease.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I can't really get a sense of scale from the thing. I really like the all-over rose floral print on the Portland Thorns jersey, though, and wouldn't hate it if the Timbers just lifted that idea.

I’m guessing it’ll be similar to the Thorns jersey, or even Racing Louisville’s. That’s what I’m hoping for at least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yup. Timbers got it right the first time, there was never any real need to change.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I didn't love those early Portland MLS away jerseys that just paintbucketed red in place of green. Too much white shared between them for one. The red-and-black era worked better for me. That and they're a team who did well with third kits when that was allowed... this one still rules: 

22113391-standard.jpg 

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Yup. Timbers got it right the first time, there was never any real need to change.

I liked the first two Rose City red secondaries, but like @Digby I actually preferred the 2014/15 and 2016/17 red and black versions. The problem with those was that they were too dark to provide sufficient contrast from the primaries, and MLS hardened the one light/one dark kit requirement around the same time they got rid of third kits. The Timbers won’t have a red kit (whether with white or black accents) until they earn a third kit again or the league & Adidas soften the third kit requirements.

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

I didn't love those early Portland MLS away jerseys that just paintbucketed red in place of green. Too much white shared between them for one. The red-and-black era worked better for me. That and they're a team who did well with third kits when that was allowed... this one still rules: 

22113391-standard.jpg 

I’m biased, but those and the 2014/15 green and gold retro thirds are easily two of the best kits in league history. 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1