MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Obviously it being pink is a huge plus, and I personally am always a big fan of collars, but it still feels disappointing. They’ve been using a heartbeat pattern on their recent social media graphics, and it seems like a real missed opportunity to not incorporate that into the design of the shirt. 

If they are getting a front shirt sponsor as has been reported, they could have decided not to include the pattern. Most social media setups don't use official team uniform patterns or fonts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they are getting a front shirt sponsor as has been reported, they could have decided not to include the pattern. Most social media setups don't use official team uniform patterns or fonts. 

They already signed a front sponsor deal last fall:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/inter-miami-cf-announce-xbto-as-first-ever-jersey-sponsor

There are actually quite a few teams that use kit-inspired graphics on social media. The Timbers have done it in the past (especially this last year), SKC has done it, Cincinnati and Minnesota have, Atlanta has, etc. I believe Miami even did that with their La Palma secondary last year, using a palm graphic on social media before the release of that kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

46 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

I'd assume it's an image of the replica. The adi stripes, logo and Inter Miami logos are all stitched on. Whereas authentic is the plastic badges, etc. 

So still reason to believe it could have a pattern on the authentic.  

Not really, a pattern would be something that’d be on the replicas and authentics. Usually the differences between the two models are with things like collar and cuff stylings, jocktag/back neck graphics, etc. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not really, a pattern would be something that’d be on the replicas and authentics. Usually the differences between the two models are with things like collar and cuff stylings, jocktag/back neck graphics, etc. 

This isn't always true. Clubs pick the main differences between the replica and authentic. Typical go to is not included certain sign-offs on replicas (jocktag, back neck, necktape). Always the easiest change since these are considered the high end finishes on a jersey. 

If it's an emboss pattern, it's certainly not off the table it wouldn't get included on the replica version. Again just not always the go to choice. 

• Like 1

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

7 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

This isn't always true. Clubs pick the main differences between the replica and authentic. Typical go to is not included certain sign-offs on replicas (jocktag, back neck, necktape). Always the easiest change since these are considered the high end finishes on a jersey. 

If it's an emboss pattern, it's certainly not off the table it wouldn't get included on the replica version. Again just not always the go to choice. 

I personally don’t remember an instance where a replica didn’t have the pattern that the authentics did, even when it’s embossed. The Timbers’ 2017/18 primaries, for example, had an embossed plaid pattern on both the replicas and authentics. Miami’s current secondaries have the embossed palm pattern on both the replicas and authentics. You’re right that clubs pick and choose what not to include on the replicas, but again I personally don’t remember an instance of a pattern not being included.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I personally don’t remember an instance where a replica didn’t have the pattern that the authentics did, even when it’s embossed. The Timbers’ 2017/18 primaries, for example, had an embossed plaid pattern on both the replicas and authentics. Miami’s current secondaries have the embossed palm pattern on both the replicas and authentics. You’re right that clubs pick and choose what not to include on the replicas, but again I personally don’t remember an instance of a pattern not being included.

Columbus Crew replicas have missed the sublimated patterns and usually whatever jocktag and back of the shirt logo was involved over the last few years. Last year's new shirt had zero yellow on the replicas.

Replica

Women's Columbus Crew Lucas Zelarayán adidas White 2021 Secondary Replica  Player Jersey

AuthenticColumbus Crew unveils new primary uniform for 2021 MLS season

Columbus Crew officially announces 2019 Gold kit - Massive Report

Power Ranking The Sexiest New MLS Jerseys For The 2017 Season | Balls.ie

Same for the 2017 kit, I believe that checkerboard isn't on the replica either. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Columbus Crew replicas have missed the sublimated patterns and usually whatever jocktag and back of the shirt logo was involved over the last few years. Last year's new shirt had zero yellow on the replicas.

Replica

Women's Columbus Crew Lucas Zelarayán adidas White 2021 Secondary Replica  Player Jersey

AuthenticColumbus Crew unveils new primary uniform for 2021 MLS season

Columbus Crew officially announces 2019 Gold kit - Massive Report

Power Ranking The Sexiest New MLS Jerseys For The 2017 Season | Balls.ie

Same for the 2017 kit, I believe that checkerboard isn't on the replica either. 

The Crew replica for their current gray kits do in fact have the sublimated pattern, but yes they’re missing the yellow cuff and collar trim and jock tag. Again, generally the shirt patterns are there on both the replicas and authentics, but things like the collar and cuffs, jocktag/back neck graphics, etc. are usually what’s missing on the replicas. Their 2019 jersey did have the checkerboard pattern on the replicas (look closely), but were missing the contrasting cuffs and white collar/cuff piping:

spacer.png
The replicas are always missing certain details, and it is up to the teams to a certain extent to decide what to exclude from the replicas, but the shirt patterns (whether they’re sublimated, embossed, etc.) are one thing that you can pretty much always count on to be there on replicas.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Atlanta has begun preseason training and their training gear appears to use shades of green (I’m color blind), which matches the rumors about a mint based away kit.

That's actually just a grey training shirt with an extremely pale gold on the team crest. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Digby said:

Would look good with black shorts.

Agreed.

I've long hoped that Inter Miami would wear pink jerseys, black shorts, and black or pink socks for evening matches, with either pink/white/pink or pink/white/white for day games. Either of those ensembles should provide enough contrast with a majority of the other kits in MLS.

If an MLS club with a pale jersey option elected to trot out said kit against Inter Miami, then the Herons could have a black jersey at the ready as the centerpiece of their change look. 

Does everyone just have the same training gear now, with different team logos and sponsors printed across the front? It seems that way and that's pretty lame. Not that I'm expecting bespoke training gear for all, but team colors doesn't seem like too much to ask. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Does everyone just have the same training gear now, with different team logos and sponsors printed across the front? It seems that way and that's pretty lame. Not that I'm expecting bespoke training gear for all, but team colors doesn't seem like too much to ask. 

For the most part, yeah. Every team has the training gear in gray and black color ways, and last year Atlanta, Seattle, Miami, NYCFC (there may have been a couple more) had team color versions as well. I know several other teams had team color versions that were exclusively used for pre-match instead of for training.

Speaking of training gear, Columbus and the Revs are wearing the new training shirts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oddly enough, Chicago and Charlotte are using last year’s training template for now. Probably just waiting for the new gear to arrive.

Miami has had a pink training top leak:

spacer.png

And a few teams have had this year’s travel hoodies leak as well. Here’s Atlanta’s, which not only shows what this year’s travel hoodies look like but also show the rumored mint/dark green color scheme for their away kit:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Digby said:

That's been the case for years, just grey jerseys and dark grey shorts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know it's (not yet) MLS, but still interesting in the bigger picture with the Liga MX/MLS partnership growing as well.

Sources: https://www.sdloyal.com/news_article/show/1203763 + https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/01/25/usls-san-diego-loyal-teams-up-with-mexican-manufacturer-charly-for-2022-season/soccer/

"USL San Diego Loyal announced a multi-year deal with León-based soccer brand CHARLY as its new official apparel partner...

CHARLY is one of the fastest-growing soccer brands in the world and currently outfits some of LIGA MX’s most popular teams including Club Tijuana Xolos, Club León, Pachuca, Atlas, Querétaro, and Santos Laguna. In addition, CHARLY represented the Liga MX All-Stars in the 2021 MLS ALL Star Game...

...fans can expect highly-detailed, customized kits inspired by the diversity of their city and culture.

Full details, including the reveal and on-sale date for the club’s 2022 home and away kits will be announced in the coming weeks. An alternate kit will be released later this summer."

8 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That new pink shirt is basic as hell, but also terrific. They finally figured it out!

One of those cases where you let the color speak for itself and I for one love that. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

One of those cases where you let the color speak for itself and I for one love that. 

Absolutely. Restraint can be so difficult. I'm glad Miami did the right thing, and I'm glad it'll stick around for two seasons.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags