MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

So far, there are a few improvements with adidas’ 2022 MLS effort with less white kits and a few notable designs (Portland, NYC, Philly) but there are still too many bare bone kits with a sublimated or embossed pattern which is barely visible from more than 10 feet away. I feel like I say this every year, but MLS needs more stripes, more hoops, more checkers, more contrasting sleeves, more contrasting shorts, etc. Too much of the league simply looks generic. We need more diversity.

• Like 3

Vancouver with the reverse hoop jersey, and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Honestly think I like this better than either of their white hoop jerseys. Looks like they used the old socks in these photos, so that’s the only thing presented here that should look a little different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Vancouver with the reverse hoop jersey, and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Honestly think I like this better than either of their white hoop jerseys. Looks like they used the old socks in these photos, so that’s the only thing presented here that should look a little different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's a small change but I'm liking how the stripes and numbers are light blue instead of white. I think it makes the kit pop more. I agree that it might be better than the home one and I love that one.

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

A little surprising that any team is still doing just a plain ol' color swap for their secondary jersey. From those photos I thought it might be a lighter shade of blue as a base, like between royal and navy, but the Fanatics photo seems to suggest it's the usual navy.

ff_4731880-d347744cd4443f727356alt1_full.jpg&w=900 

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

A little surprising that any team is still doing just a plain ol' color swap for their secondary jersey. From those photos I thought it might be a lighter shade of blue as a base, like between royal and navy, but the Fanatics photo seems to suggest it's the usual navy.

ff_4731880-d347744cd4443f727356alt1_full.jpg&w=900 

If there’s a club in MLS that should do the simple color swap, it’s Vancouver. The hoop is such a good design and works equally well in white and blue (and their brown third kit that echoed the hoop is one of my favorites of all time). The ‘Caps should’ve been rolling with this kit combo from day one in MLS, but I’m glad they’re at least doing it now.

As for the shade of blue, I do think a slightly lighter shade would’ve been the only change I would’ve made. Still like the navy, but something more like Dodgers blue would’ve been incredible.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Pretty much all replica's (Mens too), which is pretty lame. Union has no collar or cuff stripes on theirs.

Its important to remember teams have the ability to pick a few details from the authentics to carry over to the replicas. I think Seattle was told 2-3  parts. (stars not included or teamstore has worked non-stop the night before when jerseys arrive to add stars to all of them)  Stars should be on all the kits and have the ability to but most teams/ team stores i guess dont put in that extra effort

Seattle is in their new shirts for CCL today and I'm not really a fan.

In action, the blue checks look like extra sweat more than any intentional design.

When they're done with these that will have been 6 years of terrible home shirts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The on-field Cincy kit has blue collar/cuffs, which looks a lot better. Using the flag graphic element is a no-brainer and I'd love to see a white version with the flag stripes actually contrasting someday, too. However, this is the worst authentic vs. replica dichotomy yet...

KtVW8dL.png 

• Dislike 1
  • Hate 3

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

The on-field Cincy kit has blue collar/cuffs, which looks a lot better. Using the flag graphic element is a no-brainer and I'd love to see a white version with the flag stripes actually contrasting someday, too. However, this is the worst authentic vs. replica dichotomy yet...

KtVW8dL.png 

I'm so tired of adidas half-assing this stuff. The regular kits have the rubberized adidas stripes on them, that's enough to tell them apart. Stop with removing color just to increase sales with authentics. Had the Crew not gotten a second star last year I would not have bought the authentic jersey last year, nor the replica because it has no yellow on it. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Rockstar Matt said:

You’d be incorrect. This is the legit for sale authentic. Leaks from LAFC photo shoots confirm this particular leak too. 

That Adidas logo is a heat pressed graphic, by the way, not felt. And the crest is definitely the raised plastic they use for their authentics. I have LAFC authentics from the inaugural season that have the same applications as this new home kit. 

You were totally right, i see Montreal is using a similar application for their jersey now