MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

8 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Atlanta has been leaked and I have to say that I’m extremely disappointed. 

Honestly, this is a better result that what I was expecting. I was half way expecting something similar to LAFC's kit where it was a tonal look. But this, THIS is BEAUTIFUL!

• Like 1

The more I think about this, the more ducking unacceptable this is. ATLUTD is the top grossing jersey sales team in the league and they give us some trash that is:

1. In a colorway that is being used by 2 other teams

2. A pattern that is 34 years old and

3. The only connection we have to that pattern is from an old manager which we don't talk about anymore. 

Of ALL of the things we could have done with City in the Trees, this isn't it. 

• Like 3
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

36 minutes ago, Digby said:

I appreciate the boldness but I don't like the design much. They got beat to the lightning bolt motif by Philly a year ago, and the color scheme by FCC a day ago. MORE arbitrary silver trim on orange, really?

I think the only silver on the New York City shirt is the MLS patch and star. Everything else is orange, navy, and white. The silver MLS patch is a new style worn by the defending MLS Cup champion. Columbus wore the same patch last year.

spacer.png

———

———

DC United is supposed to introduce their new shirt sponsor in a couple of days.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

I think the only silver on the New York City shirt is the MLS patch and star. Everything else is orange, navy, and white. The silver MLS patch is a new style worn by the defending MLS Cup champion. Columbus wore the same patch last year.

spacer.png

I think the shoulder stripes are silver as well. 

spacer.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

IDK, Fanatics is definitely saying silver name/number printing, which leads me to believe that the front sponsor and stripes are more silver as well. Especially contrast with the "Dude Wipes" (lmao) sponsor on the sleeve which looks more decidedly white.

ff_4701845-bd704dd39a7edce13ecdalt1_full 

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

The more I think about this, the more ducking unacceptable this is. ATLUTD is the top grossing jersey sales team in the league and they give us some trash that is:

3. The only connection we have to that pattern is from an old manager which we don't talk about anymore. 

There isn't some special Atlanta United Bespoke Design Task Force at Adidas Headquarters.  You're a black and red team with vertical stripes that plays in an NFL stadium... let's not complain about using recycled colors and designs. This is a good looking kit. Congrats.

5 minutes ago, DrJack said:

There isn't some special Atlanta United Bespoke Design Task Force at Adidas Headquarters.  You're a black and red team with vertical stripes that plays in an NFL stadium... let's not complain about using recycled colors and designs. This is a good looking kit. Congrats.

Columbus was able to outsource the design that will get released tomorrow, it was done by  aUK company then sent to adidas to be placed on the uniform. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, DrJack said:

Sounds like someone is still salty about 2018 😂

Regarding the shirt, I like the colorway, but I'm still disappointed they used a 4 year old pattern for the front. I'll probably end up buying it though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Digby said:

IDK, Fanatics is definitely saying silver name/number printing, which leads me to believe that the front sponsor and stripes are more silver as well. Especially contrast with the "Dude Wipes" (lmao) sponsor on the sleeve which looks more decidedly white.

ff_4701845-bd704dd39a7edce13ecdalt1_full 

At least it pairs well with their Houston Colt .45s socks: 

spacer.png

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Sounds like someone is still salty about 2018 😂

Regarding the shirt, I like the colorway, but I'm still disappointed they used a 4 year old pattern for the front. I'll probably end up buying it though. 

My 2018 salt expired a while ago.  Replaced it all with 2021 salt now.  Some teams make multiple appearances in the MLS Cup.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I understand your frustration with it, but I'm a huge fan of the design and I always will be into it even if a team uses it for no reason. I'm more appreciative that it's visible unlike it's use on recent jerseys (Scotland, LAFC) and it makes more of a statement. But to each their own. 

If MNUFC would've gone with black when they made the jump to MLS I'd be okay with it to a degree. I'm just annoyed that they've done nothing to establish an on field look in the MLS after having a consistent iconic NASL look for years. Every new dark kit is just a new direction. I actually loved the sash and would've been fine had they stayed with that. Then they went to 13 vertical gray stripes cuz reasons. Then they finally brought the wing back. Now they decide they want to be black with pinstripes? Ugh. I'm not at all a bitter fan :) 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

ff_4697284-61a22a215f8e93cf267balt1_full.jpg&w=900

Don't blame anyone who's disappointed  but I'm surprised how much I like it. Numbers and letters should definitely be light blue though. If Vancouver can do it so can MN.

I think positively (but it probably won’t happen) is that with kit they can mix their blue river kits with these and do black/blue/black or some other kind of mix. But I don’t think it’ll happen.