Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

9 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

I don't know about 100%, but there are some saying Washington is pulling off a clever misdirection.   Others are saying, they aren't clever at all; it's the Commanders.

CCSLC tropes I'm annoyed by- 

"Let's try to figure out the logo/striping from a blurry reflection in nearby glass!"

"Team's social media account changed the graphics to X! I bet X is part of the new identity!"

"This leak is fake. Clearly the team made up fake merchandise and documents to mislead some nerds on the internet." 

I mean I get it. People are curious. They don't want to wait until 2 February and in absence of an official unveiling speculation gets crazy. But these three tropes keep happening and they never pan out 😛 

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s clearly a misdirect. The new name is hiding in plain sight

”EST. 1932”???

Three spikes two “v” shapes
spacer.png

THREE gold stars
spacer.png

TWO gold stripes

spacer.png

Three colors and two jerseys

spacer.png

All signs point to one name-

32s

Yet that name was NOT one of the final eight. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s clearly a misdirect. The new name is hiding in plain sight

”EST. 1932”???

spacer.png

spacer.png

Three spikes two “v” shapes
spacer.png

THREE gold stars
spacer.png

TWO gold stripes

spacer.png

Three colors and two jerseys

spacer.png

spacer.png

All signs point to one name-

32s

Ok… I’ll relent. 32s is CLEARLY the most conspiracy theory-friendly option, and therefore CLEARLY the best option for the Washington Football Team. 

HAIL TO THE 32(‘)S!

• Like 12

So... HTTC?  HTT32?  I thought one of their goals was to be able to preserve their silly song as much as possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

"Let's try to figure out the logo/striping from a blurry reflection in nearby glass!"

"Team's social media account changed the graphics to X! I bet X is part of the new identity!"

"This leak is fake. Clearly the team made up fake merchandise and documents to mislead some nerds on the internet." 

I mean I get it. People are curious. They don't want to wait until 2 February and in absence of an official unveiling speculation gets crazy. But these three tropes keep happening and they never pan out 😛 

The last two are definitely annoying for sure, I’ll gladly give you that. I honestly don’t see the problem with the first one though. Whereas the last two are based on nothing but bold assumption or some tin-foil-hatting, the first is based in actual visual evidence that the team didn’t think to blur out like it did elsewhere. These boards are clearly the kind of place where that’s going to get pounced on. I for one thought the logo in the reflection was a great catch and was fun to look into. Also, the helmet logo in the reflection is looking like the leaked “W” so far, so the “panning out” of that looks promising for now.

To each thier own, though. If you’re truly that annoyed by it, then that’s alright and that’s for you.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

I don't know about 100%, but there are some saying Washington is pulling off a clever misdirection.   Others are saying, they aren't clever at all; it's the Commanders

This organization (under Snyder) has never shown the competence to pull off an elaborate misdirection. Yet it has shown the incompetence to allow a major secret to be leaked on camera many times. Soooo, yeah.

At this point whatever happens, happens 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

42 minutes ago, chakfu said:

What is this a screen grab from?

I found the photo in a Richmond newspaper article   https://richmond.com/sports/professional/did-the-washington-football-team-accidentally-tip-its-hand-on-what-the-new-name-is/article_86202619-d101-5e63-815e-0273dbe7c226.html

On Tuesday, Washington shared that it will unveil its new name on 2/2/22, Feb. 2, on NBC's Today show.

The announcement was accompanied by a video from the team explaining what went into the process and what they want the new name to represent.

In one scene, team president Jason Wright is talking about potential options with coach Ron Rivera, but the papers in front of him are blurred out.

However, the team re-aired the video during Thursday's episode of its cable television program, "Washington Football Today," on NBC Sports Washington.

During that video, the paperwork was not blurred out, and a potential "Commanders" logo and seal can be clearly seen.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Discussing the helmet reflection in the window is much more relevant and productive than joking about the "32s" for 10 pages of this thread. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Discussing the helmet reflection in the window is much more relevant and productive than joking about the "32s" for 10 pages of this thread. 

Y'all gonna have to let the "32s" thing go. 

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The last two are definitely annoying for sure, I’ll gladly give you that. I honestly don’t see the problem with the first one though. Whereas the last two are based on nothing but bold assumption or some tin-foil-hatting, the first is based in actual visual evidence that the team didn’t think to blur out like it did elsewhere. These boards are clearly the kind of place where that’s going to get pounced on. I for one thought the logo in the reflection was a great catch and was fun to look into. Also, the helmet logo in the reflection is looking like the leaked “W” so far, so the “panning out” of that looks promising for now.

To each thier own, though. If you’re truly that annoyed by it, then that’s alright and that’s for you.

My objection to it is that you'll never get that clear image where you go "that's the logo!" Not unless the picture or video was captured with an insanely powerful camera. The types of cameras used for publicity shots or used to film footage for a teaser video aren't going to be powerful enough that you can pull an unintended reflection from the footage and get anything worthwhile. At most you get a vague idea of what it could be, which lines up with the other stuff the teaser video teases. 
It all comes down to trying to read tea leaves. 

• Like 6

At this point, referring to them as the 32s for all eternity, regardless of the name, is going to be one of those forever CCSLC gags like "in phone" and "needs stripes".

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

Thanks! That explains it well.  Unredacted version of teaser video aired on the team's local cable show.

Therefore not a hoax - either the real identity, a portion of the real identity planning, or -extremely unlikely - an extremely small scale,  unprecedented attempt at misdirection.

Corroboration from the wordmark style sheet and the indirect uniform outlines/ stitching pretty well confirms that it's mostly the full identity.    And a very decent identity IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

My objection to it is that you'll never get that clear image where you go "that's the logo!" Not unless the picture or video was captured with an insanely powerful camera. The types of cameras used for publicity shots or used to film footage for a teaser video aren't going to be powerful enough that you can pull an unintended reflection from the footage and get anything worthwhile. At most you get a vague idea of what it could be, which lines up with the other stuff the teaser video teases. 
It all comes down to trying to read tea leaves. 

But...isn't the relection a pretty legit confirmation of a yellow W and its general style? We don't need a perfect vector art version, and that reflection is far more clear than an inkblot.

I can definitely see it as another annoying trope since it's usually a tiresome stretch of the imagination.   But this time we've got a legit look at the helmet design from an unintended reflection.  That's hilarious and pretty much a dream come true for this forum!!

• Like 4