NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

Matt Nagy was the offensive coordinator from 2016-2017 with the latter year having an Alex Smith having one of the best years of his career. I think Nagy is going to be fine as the QB coach, take it from someone who’s paid close attention to this team for at least a couple decades.

Edited by Red Comet

8 hours ago, See Red said:

Why?  People get too caught up in somebody being a bad head coach so they must be a bad position coach too when the reality is that being a head coach is a completely different skillset and that Nagy did well enough as a position coach and OC (with KC, even) previously to get hired as a head coach to begin with. 

Totally.  It's stupid that teams look to the hot coordinator or hot position coach when looking for HC candidates.  It's totally different.  Being a great coordinator has very little correlation to being a great HC, and vice versa.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's the Cardinals, so seems like going public was the best option to keep pressure on the organization.

On the other hand, 700 words in all-caps is a big red flag. What other poor decisions is his agent making?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think there’s a middle ground with Trubisky. Does he deserve 100% of the blame he gets? Of course not. Did he drag the Bears kicking and screaming to any meager success they had during his time there? Again, of course not. He’s a below-average quarterback whose stock and expectations were blown way out of proportion by NFL draft scouts and “analysts” who are throwing darts as much as the random schmuck in his mom’s basement doing a mock draft for kicks and giggles. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I think there’s a middle ground with Trubisky. Does he deserve 100% of the blame he gets? Of course not. Did he drag the Bears kicking and screaming to any meager success they had during his time there? Again, of course not. He’s a below-average quarterback whose stock and expectations were blown way out of proportion by NFL draft scouts and “analysts” who are throwing darts as much as the random schmuck in his mom’s basement doing a mock draft for kicks and giggles. 

I’d say he hovers around average. Aside from his rookie season, he had winning records three straight years. He’s not inherently bad by any measure.

Also, he’s the only QB with 50+ career starts without throwing a pick-six.

• Like 1

He's just a guy.  Nothing more.  He'll never beat you.  The best you can say about him is that he doesn't lose games... but I'm not even sure if that's true.  He was a stupid draft pick and everybody except the Bears knew it at the time.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Some Questions

Does Andy Reid really talk like this?

Yes, he absolutely does. He is also looking forward to his next opponent. They’re a very good football team, very well coached. Even if it’s the Lions. 

Why do people find this funny?

Because he’s fat. 

Is it really necessary to poke fun at Reid’s eating habits?

I don’t think anything should be off limits when it comes to humor. Especially when it’s someone like Andy Reid who is one of the most powerful men in Kansas City. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 2