NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

The Commies better redistribute their entire draft for the next 5 years to the Chiefs because aside from said “5 Year Plan”, I don’t see any way the Chiefs part with Mahomes. I guess Snyder thought a “Command(ers) Economy” was the way to go?

Edited by Red Comet

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Von's not going back to Denver without an elite quarterback in place, but..

Could Denver afford both, or would  this be a case of taking the league minimum to get back in the door? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

He only got a $6M signing bonus and a $2M annual salary.  How the hell is he going to feed is family without hustling a little on the side?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Maybe not a gambling problem, but this tweet clearly demonstrates that he has an intelligence problem.  

Yet another example of why nobody should have any expectations that people who get hit in the head for a living will ever make good decisions.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What a big dummy. Sitting out a year for his mental health and then goes and places a bet on the Falcons. This kind of crap only happens to our franchise. 

All Pro Defensive captain arrested for solicitation the night before the team's first Super Bowl

Mike Vick

28-3 in our 2nd Super Bowl.

#1 WR gets suspended for betting on team. 

Can we trade Winnipeg the Falcons and get the Thrashers back?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Am I the only one that finds this a bit hypocritical on the NFL's part since they've gone so heavy promoting gambling sites like Draftkings? 

A year also seems a bit extreme since he wasn't even on the team. If he was actively playing, that would be a different story. 

I just don't think betting on your team should warrant a harsher punishment that...say...elbow dropping a player in the back of the head. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Am I the only one that finds this a bit hypocritical on the NFL's part since they've gone so heavy promoting gambling sites like Draftkings? 

It's not hypocritical at all.  In fact, now that they're in bed with gambling companies, any evidence that the games aren't on the level and are being influence by players gambling could not only destroy those partnerships, but lead to countless lawsuits.

I don't think it makes him a bad guy, and I'm not going to get on a moral high horse here, but if I was the league, I'd ban him permanently (if it was legal to) just to set the precedent.

• Like 2

I don’t know, banning for bans sake is kind of dumb. Especially in today’s betting and gambling landscape. The NFL (and other leagues) take every opportunity to shove betting on their games and players down our throats and somehow they expect ~1700 players to not do it.

I’m sure it’s not just Ridley that did it. He just got caught in the act.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know, banning for bans sake is kind of dumb. Especially in today’s betting and gambling landscape. The NFL (and other leagues) take every opportunity to shove betting on their games and players down our throats and somehow they expect ~1700 players to not do it.

I’m sure it’s not just Ridley that did it. He just got caught in the act.

again, it puts the nfl and their billion dollar partnerships at risk. It cam also get them in trouble with all sports books and eventually the government. 

It’s not dumb. I’ll go as to further - not only would I man him, I’d behead him at halftime of the opening TNF game. The union might fight that but nuts to them. 

• WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2