NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So do the Colts get Ryan all new jerseys, or do they just cover up the WENTZ nameplate with duct tape and write RYAN over it?

Same happening in Denver

FIIHcJxUYAAfsT3?format=png&name=small

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

That would surely be the end of Baker.

Matthew Stafford is the only QB to survive that franchise -- well -- ever.

Don't tell Mike Florio that.  He probably still believes that Tom Brady will be the starting QB of the 49ers in 2023.

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Don't tell Mike Florio that.  He probably still believes that Tom Brady will be the starting QB of the 49ers in 2023.

He's probably still writing about St. Louis' chances of getting an expansion franchise out of its lawsuit against the league. Talk about fantasy. 

It's weird to see the Colts as the current quarterback carousel of the league--from Rivers to Wentz and now Ryan. Wonder what their long-term vision at QB is...

...And speaking of QBs, I'm glad some team somewhere remembered that Marcus Mariota still exists--he deserves a second shot at being a starting QB in this league, and being reunited with Arthur Smith may be just what he needs/can use to bounce back. Curiously, though, I wonder that number he will pick, since Kyle Pitts has his beloved #8...maybe he'll pick 18?

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

It's weird to see the Colts as the current quarterback carousel of the league--from Rivers to Wentz and now Ryan. Wonder what their long-term vision at QB is...

...And speaking of QBs, I'm glad some team somewhere remembered that Marcus Mariota still exists--he deserves a second shot at being a starting QB in this league, and being reunited with Arthur Smith may be just what he needs/can use to bounce back. Curiously, though, I wonder that number he will pick, since Kyle Pitts has his beloved #8...maybe he'll pick 18?

I always thought Mariota deserved a second chance after years of decent QB play in Tennessee. I randomly turned on that Raiders game a few years ago when he lit it up in his debut and I was (and am) happy that’s he’s still in the league.

• Love 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Baker, and sadly, that’s not even a question. 

Kap hasn't played in 6 years. I don't think anyone can think he'd get a shot now unless he sucks it up and plays in the USFL or XFL. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, CS85 said:

Russell Wilson's Walmart Family Portrait is, in my opinion, the least of his crimes.  The rest of the BASS gang will no doubt stab him repeatedly with harpoons, and they have their reasons, but the portrait is fine.  What else would you expect?  He's basically corporate Tim Tebow.

It's a charming family picture...if you don't care at all about your charming family picture being lit properly. We didn't bash Russ or his family, we bashed the broke ass Sears portrait studio quality of the picture. We aren't monsters...well...we can be, but for other stuff.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

The biggest obstacle to dealing for Baker Mayfield right now isn't his attitude or ability. It's his contract. He's guaranteed 18 million next season. That's a lot a money to spend on a QB with a spotty record who is also coming off shoulder surgery. Mayfield is definitely worth a roll of the dice for a team like Carolina or Seattle, but not at his current price. 18 million is too much risk for the possible reward. My guess is if the Browns want to make a deal, they're going to have a eat a sizeable portion of Baker's salary to get it done.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

On 3/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Maybe Baker goes the Trubisky route and backs up Josh Allen for the season. Worked out pretty well for Mitch, and Baker probably needs to watch someone do it who's better than he is for a while.

Buffalo isn't going to pay Mayfield 18 million to ride the bench. I seriously doubt anyone will. Besides, Mayfield's former backup, Case Keenum, signed with the Bills to back up Allen.

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The biggest obstacle to dealing for Baker Mayfield right now isn't his attitude or ability. It's his contract. He's guaranteed 18 million next season. That's a lot a money to spend on a QB with a spotty record who is also coming off shoulder surgery. Mayfield is definitely worth a roll of the dice for a team like Carolina or Seattle, but not at his current price. 18 million is too much risk for the possible reward. My guess is if the Browns want to make a deal, they're going to have a eat a sizeable portion of Baker's salary to get it done.

I think that's the most likely result, unless the Browns can't find a deal and instead of cutting him wait for someone else's number 1 to go down and work a trade in the first half of the year. That's pretty tricky to do which is why I could see the Browns hoping this happens. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Cleveland better be ready to eat some of that salary. They've done their best to make Baker appear worthless and now they have to deal with those repercussions. I guess that's just the cost of doing business with DeShaun Watson; Atlanta probably dodged a bullet or two by ending up with Mariota.

Someone said Detroit for Baker and I think that makes a lot of sense. They're always willing to make the dumb move, and asking Baker Mayfield to film sad insurance commercials in a dimly lit Ford Field sounds about right for the Lions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not going to comment on the off-field stuff concerning Watson, but as for the on-field stuff: I don't see how, allegations or none, any team can be so dumb as to trade THREE first-round picks for anyone, quarterback or otherwise. That's basically the equivalent of a death penalty in the NFL unless that player lights the field on fire and the team execs are crafty as crafty can be with sliding vets under that constrained of a salary cap.

But then to do all of that AND trade your backup QB (who actually played pretty decently when he was in) after trading your top wideout? 

Hah...remember two seasons ago when many of us felt the Browns might actually be turning into something of a stable operation, going so far as to Captain Benjamin Sisko MF pimp-hand backslap their archival Steelers in the playoffs, blessing us with one of the saddest images ever captured on film (Roethlisberger alone on the bench--y'all seen it) and later coming within an uncalled Daniel Sorensen helmet-to-helmet penalty hit of making the Super Bowl? (Remember the final margin of victory was 5 points...had Cleveland scored there, the margin would have been one or two points pending made PAT.) Silly us, because I guess at the end of the day, with condolences to my motorcycle-riding brother-from-another @infrared41...#BrownsGonnaBrown.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I'm not going to comment on the off-field stuff concerning Watson, but as for the on-field stuff: I don't see how, allegations or none, any team can be so dumb as to trade THREE first-round picks for anyone, quarterback or otherwise. That's basically the equivalent of a death penalty in the NFL unless that player lights the field on fire and the team execs are crafty as crafty can be with sliding vets under that constrained of a salary cap.

But then to do all of that AND trade your backup QB (who actually played pretty decently when he was in) after trading your top wideout? 

Hah...remember two seasons ago when many of us felt the Browns might actually be turning into something of a stable operation, going so far as to Captain Benjamin Sisko MF pimp-hand backslap their archival Steelers in the playoffs, blessing us with one of the saddest images ever captured on film (Roethlisberger alone on the bench--y'all seen it) and later coming within an uncalled Daniel Sorensen helmet-to-helmet penalty hit of making the Super Bowl? (Remember the final margin of victory was 5 points...had Cleveland scored there, the margin would have been one or two points pending made PAT.) Silly us, because I guess at the end of the day, with condolences to my motorcycle-riding brother-from-another @infrared41...#BrownsGonnaBrown.

Yeah from a football standpoint I'm not convinced that in the short term* or long term** that the Browns acquiring Watson is good news for Browns fans or bad news for the rest of the AFC Northerners. He was good with the Texans, no doubt, but he could be stopped just like anybody and they've committed a lot of resources to one guy, which doesn't have a great track record historically. 

* He's going to be suspended for a healthy chunk to start the season and then there's the rust factor.

** That's a lot of money and draft picks to use on one guy. Good luck building around that anchor.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

Part of me thinks this is the absolute dumbest decision Brett Veach can make. And then another part says that long-term this could be the right call depending on how they draft. I really want to know why they couldn’t reach an agreement with Hill. Oh well, good luck to him in Miami. 

• Like 1