College Football 2022

MJWalker45

The Liberty Bowl...almost the site of the latest Embarrassing Arkansas MomentTM.  Between the fact that there was a comeback at all, the onside kick and the targeting call, it feels more like Kansas won, to be honest.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, Discrim said:

The Liberty Bowl...almost the site of the latest Embarrassing Arkansas MomentTM.  Between the fact that there was a comeback at all, the onside kick and the targeting call, it feels more like Kansas won, to be honest.

I turned away because Arkansas looked like they had it in hand, now I feel bad for missing it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Big 10 might be looking for a new Commissioner:

I know a bunch of Big Ten fans will happy to see him go if it happens, since he dragged his feet in getting football back on the schedule in 2020. I think whomever comes in will have to be a mix of him and Jim Delaney if they want to stay in front of the other leagues money-wise. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Watching the UW/Texas game and I'm surprised how surprised I am by how terrible the refs are.

Texas out there committing DPI and tackling return men after they fair catch without consequence. UW is the better team, but the officiating is going to keep it close.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I know a bunch of Big Ten fans will happy to see him go if it happens, since he dragged his feet in getting football back on the schedule in 2020. I think whomever comes in will have to be a mix of him and Jim Delaney if they want to stay in front of the other leagues money-wise. 

he reportedly oversaw the construction of US Bank Stadium when he worked for the Vikings and the Bears have recently made waves for a new stadium in Arlington Heights.

• Like 1

I had a feeling something like this might have been in the works when they were building TQL Stadium. The Cincinnati USA Sports Commission is doing a feasibility study to bring a FBS Bowl game to Cincinnati to be played at TQL Stadium. The Cincinnati Chili Bowl would be a December bowl game and one of the few not broadcast by ESPN as this game would exclusively air on The CW. No conference partners or debut announced just yet. Id imagine maybe a school from the MAC and maybe CUSA or Sun Belt.

cincy-chili-bowl-1672328892.png?crop=1.0

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1

Signature intentionally left blank

20 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Has the NCAA lifted the moratorium on new bowls?

I don't think they have, but I could see some of the lower performing bowls getting moved around. If they approved the new WAC to move up to FBS they would probably let this come in as well.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adding that Chili Bowl in Cincinnati would help with the potential restructuring of the bowl system with the expanded playoffs coming in two years.

The idea I have is to put the remaining 36 bowl games into tiers with Tier 1 games being the oldest and most prestigious games (Sun Bowl, Gator Bowl, etc.) while Tier 6 are the newest bowl games (the Chili Bowl would go here)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

TCU playing incredible ball. They really are the real deal!!

Easier to win when the refs take points off the boards of your opponent.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk believes that Jim Harbaugh's name will come up in the NFL coaching cycle again because he wants what his brother John has: a Super Bowl Championship.    He also believes that Jim Harbaugh will be the one college head coach who can easily make the transition to the NFL because of his prior success with the 49ers.  

Hopefully Jim Harbaugh knows who Aaron Donald and Deebo Samuel are.  

18 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk believes that Jim Harbaugh's name will come up in the NFL coaching cycle again because he wants what his brother John has: a Super Bowl Championship.    He also believes that Jim Harbaugh will be the one college head coach who can easily make the transition to the NFL because of his prior success with the 49ers.  

Hopefully Jim Harbaugh knows who Aaron Donald and Deebo Samuel are.  

Jim Harbaugh is going to be the next coach of the Colts.

BB52Big.jpg