College Football 2022

MJWalker45

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

It'd work this year, sure, but I think 2019 was a perfect example of why the BCS was broken. We had 13-0 LSU, 13-0 Ohio State, and 13-0 Clemson. Who do you leave out? There's no good answer. That possibility alone makes the 4 team playoff better than the BCS.

And also last year where the title game would have been Bama vs Michigan

22 hours ago, infrared41 said:

In news no one cares about, the Toledo Rockets are MAC Champions. Next stop, the Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl, probably.

Sorry about that @Sport.

That totally sucked. Worst part is if we had Rourke playing we probably win that game by two touchdowns. 

0-5 now in the MAC Championship game. Brutal. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

That totally sucked. Worst part is if we had Rourke playing we probably win that game by two touchdowns. 

0-5 now in the MAC Championship game. Brutal. 

If it had been anyone but the Rockets, I would have been all in for the Bobcats.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Fresno State are the 2022 Mountain West Champions after beating Boise State yesterday on the blue turf. This is their 4th MW Championship since joining the conference in 2012 and second time winning the conference championship game on the blue turf. The Dogs and Broncos are now tied for the most MW Championships with 4 each. Fresno State also led the MW in attendance and had the 3rd highest attendance in the G5 this year. 

Put the Dogs in the Pac!!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

It'd work this year, sure, but I think 2019 was a perfect example of why the BCS was broken. We had 13-0 LSU, 13-0 Ohio State, and 13-0 Clemson. Who do you leave out? There's no good answer. That possibility alone makes the 4 team playoff better than the BCS.

easily Clemson. the ACC was complete ass in 2019.

53Ocz8U.png

I think the move to Colorado is more about having a higher ceiling for Deion.

At Jackson State, there wasn't much there. You have the SWAC Championship and the Celebration Bowl. That's it. Nothing else... the only way he gets more with the talent he has there was if they lost a game and got an at-large bid to the FCS playoffs, which is never a guarantee.

Now, at Colorado, he has a chance to lead a team to much, much more: A conference championship, bowl games, a chance to be in the Rose Bowl or even a shot at the playoff. It's far fetched now... but, you never know. I mean, he is a very damn good recruiter.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Clemson vs Tennessee in the Orange Bowl in Miami.  All that orange in a stadium surrounded in aqua! 😍

If only they still had the orange seating at Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life/Hard Rock Stadium

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

16 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

you know, I'm starting to think the BCS should come back.

I think the computers would make better decisions for the 12 team playoffs.

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

So if OSU had played in a divionless conference championship game and lost again to Michigan, would they still be in the CFP?

This feels like it's not the first time a team was "punished" for losing an extra game another team didn't have to play.

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I think this is the second time Ohio State got in this way. If memory serves, Penn State was the team that got screwed - which I was totally fine with.

It's because the CFP has always said that a 2 loss team wasn't getting in. Not in plain language but by not taking 2 loss P5 champs instead of 1 loss teams that didn't make the conference championship.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So what would a 12 team playoff bracket look like with this season's final CFP rankings?

Byes: Ohio State, Georgia, TCU, and Michigan

#5 Alabama vs. #12 Washington

#6 Tennessee vs. #11 Penn State

#7 Clemson vs. #10 USC

#8 Utah vs. #9 Kansas State

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Byes: Ohio State, Georgia, TCU, and Michigan

#5 Alabama vs. #12 Washington

#6 Tennessee vs. #11 Penn State

#7 Clemson vs. #10 USC

#8 Utah vs. #9 Kansas State

Only the top 4 Conference Champions get byes. And it's the top 6 Conference Champions automatically in.

So it would be:

BYES: 1. GEORGIA (SEC Champ), 2. MICHIGAN (Big Ten Champ), 3. CLEMSON (ACC Champ), 4. UTAH (PAC-12 Champ)

5. TCU vs 12. Tulane (AAC Champ)

6. Ohio State vs 11. Penn state

7. Alabama vs 10. USC

8. Tennessee vs 9. K-state (Big 12 Champ)

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

21 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Oh...he gets to return to the LA Coliseum when they play UCLA.  I'm sure he had success there against the Rams when he played for the Falcons and 49ers. 

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Oh right.  Still when he returns to the Coliseum, FOX is probably going to play highlights of his playing days at that stadium playing as a member of the Falcons and 49ers. 

Couple of things:

1. Don't forget, he also played for the Dallas Cowboys, Washington (Commanders) and Baltimore Ravens, too.

2. Rams were long gone from the Memorial Coliseum by the time Deion began his NFL career; they were playing in Anaheim until they left for St. Louis in 1995.  The L.A. Raiders were playing in the Coliseum until 1995, when they returned to Oakland.

Actually, as a player who spent his time on NFC teams while the Coliseum was still an NFL venue, not sure he ever played in that stadium-  somebody else can look it up if they want.😉 EDIT/ UPDATE - I actually went ahead and looked it up--  he never played a regular season game in the Memorial Coliseum.

• Like 1

It is what it is.

17 minutes ago, McCall said:

And it's the top 6 Conference Champions automatically in.

You'd think I would know that considering I came up with the idea for the damned thing. (Yes, they stole my playoff idea, tweaked it a little, and called it their own. You can look it up on these here boards.) 😎

BB52Big.jpg