College Football 2022

MJWalker45

17 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And the corroboration:

I ain't gon' front--I was kinda hoping he'd stay on at JSU, given that he's done so much not just for JSU, but Jackson, Mississippi, and HBCUs in general. However, I can't fault the man for climbing up that career ladder, and I think the fact that no one, not even the Betazoids, saw Prime and Colorado in the same book let alone the same sentence adds a whole 'nother level of intrigue to this.

Plus...there's a lot of nice scenery up there in Colorado, and I'm sure they'll give him a completely clean slate to work with--which may also have aided in Prime's decision (he's long said he's looking for ways to elevate some of his staff; this may be one way to do it.)

Go get 'em, Prime.

A few things:

• His son Sheduer is probably going with him and that may help his NFL Draft status for 2024
  • Colorado is going to get more nationally televised games.
  • His fiancee, Tracy Edmonds lives in Los Angeles on a regular basis, so the commute from LA to Boulder isn't going to be as grand as it was from LA to Jackson.  
  • He told Desmond Howard a few weeks ago when Gameday was in Jackson, he has no plans on coaching in the NFL. 
  • Like 1

Boulder is an incredible city. Deion's about to find an amazing house with a beautiful view of mountains and :censored:. I can't afford to live there myself, but he's about to cash in big time.

Pac 12 needs a boost in this secession world, and Deion is it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Boulder is an incredible city. Deion's about to find an amazing house with a beautiful view of mountains and :censored:. I can't afford to live there myself, but he's about to cash in big time.

Pac 12 needs a boost in this secession world, and Deion is it.

Deion is going to get Colorado a bunch of games on National TV and a bunch of high profile neutral site games, including a bunch of games in cities in which he once played, like playing a non-conference game against Maryland in Baltimore.  

Oh...he gets to return to the LA Coliseum when they play UCLA.  I'm sure he had success there against the Rams when he played for the Falcons and 49ers.  

And his very first game will be at TCU, in Fort Worth, Texas in an area Deion is quite familiar with.  

Michigan wins, plus with Georgia winning. I’m thinking Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State. Would love to see Michigan and Ohio State in the National Championship. But more than likely we see Georgia and Michigan 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

Michigan wins, plus with Georgia winning. I’m thinking Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State. Would love to see Michigan and Ohio State in the National Championship. But more than likely we see Georgia and Michigan 

Just please no more Bama.  If they lose in the SEC title game, then they try to make the case for being in the top 4, and ditto if they aren't even it in.   Georgia and USC would have been good but it wasn't meant to be, no thanks to the Pac-12 powers that be.  It's like if the Big10 title game was UM vs. OSU and the SEC title game was Georgia vs. Bama.

58 minutes ago, Gary said:

If Ohio State gets in - and it's a bigger if than it was this afternoon thanks to Nick Saban being allowed to campaign for Bama on the B1G CG - I can see the committee putting Ohio State at #3 to get the rematch with Michigan. Let's be honest, no one is going to watch whichever game TCU ends up in. Add that to the less than stellar ratings that the playoff games have been getting and they'd be foolish not to find a way to make Ohio State play Michigan in round one.

Worst case scenario (and I'm only about 84% sure this doesn't happen), Saban's campaign speech worked, Bama gets in, TCU gets screwed by Ohio State (again), and we get Georgia - Alabama and Ohio State - Michigan as our playoff match ups. Never forget that money drives the CFB Playoff train and those four teams are all guaranteed ratings.

BB52Big.jpg

It’ll never ever happen, but my ideal playoff model would be the Dynamic Playoff. 

You play out the regular season + conference championships and however many playoff worthy teams there are make it. 

The way I define playoff worthy is undefeated, or teams with one loss if there aren’t a sufficient number of undefeateds, with lack of conference championship and head to head loss against a 1-loss team being an eliminating factor. 

This year it’d just be two, Michigan and UGA, easy peasy. Other years there’s been legit cases for four or even more. 

With years of odd numbered playoff teams depending on the field there’d either be a team selected or a battle royale between all eligible bachelors for the final spot. 

This is how I run my NCAA 14 dynasty and it’s awesome. 

• LOL 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Oh...he gets to return to the LA Coliseum when they play UCLA.

No, he doesn't.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Oh...he gets to return to the LA Coliseum when they play UCLA.  I'm sure he had success there against the Rams when he played for the Falcons and 49ers.  

USC's the team that plays at the Coliseum...UCLA plays at the Rose Bowl.

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

OSU and Bama about to leapfrog into the CFP because they didn't lose a conference title game.

College football is a hoot.

Ohio St. will probably make the Top 4, but a 2 loss Bama should not hop TCU.

• Like 1

Georgia and Michigan are locked in at 1-2. Honestly believe it will be Ohio State and TCU at 3-4. Who will be what, I don't know. USC is the only other team that has a chance, but I don't think, at 2 losses and in a weaker conference, they'll be in ahead of either of those two. Alabama has no chance. Shouldn't, anyway.

54 minutes ago, McCall said:

Georgia and Michigan are locked in at 1-2. Honestly believe it will be Ohio State and TCU at 3-4. Who will be what, I don't know. USC is the only other team that has a chance, but I don't think, at 2 losses and in a weaker conference, they'll be in ahead of either of those two. Alabama has no chance. Shouldn't, anyway.

You were right, but with TCU swip swapping  Ohio State. Michigan and TCU at the Fiesta Bowl and I’m going to be looking for tickets. I’m so excited to see the Wolverines in Glendale this year WOO

3 hours ago, Burmy said:

USC's the team that plays at the Coliseum...UCLA plays at the Rose Bowl.

Oh right.  Still when he returns to the Coliseum, FOX is probably going to play highlights of his playing days at that stadium playing as a member of the Falcons and 49ers. 

So if OSU had played in a divionless conference championship game and lost again to Michigan, would they still be in the CFP?

This feels like it's not the first time a team was "punished" for losing an extra game another team didn't have to play.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

you know, I'm starting to think the BCS should come back.

It'd work this year, sure, but I think 2019 was a perfect example of why the BCS was broken. We had 13-0 LSU, 13-0 Ohio State, and 13-0 Clemson. Who do you leave out? There's no good answer. That possibility alone makes the 4 team playoff better than the BCS.

• Like 3

ExJworW.png

46 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This feels like it's not the first time a team was "punished" for losing an extra game another team didn't have to play.

I think this is the second time Ohio State got in this way. If memory serves, Penn State was the team that got screwed - which I was totally fine with.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg