NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Nah they're probably still delayed, Brady just loves stirring the pot in his old man IDGAF stage of his career.

He clearly un-retired just to wear the creamsicles. AND so we could add an entry to our "Right team, wrong uniform" post.

Edited by sitboaf
punctuation
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

4 hours ago, Newfie said:

Could Nike have figured out the supply chain issues that were originally delaying these until 2023? 

I sense Nike could probably swing a team set of uniforms for the season, but its the residual delay in fan merchandise that might not be readily available.

• Like 3

I'm having a hard time understanding the new "rules" or lackthereof. 

If the new helmets for this season have to be pre-existing in the style guide (like the patriots white, falcons black, etc) how are the Eagles getting a black helmet to use for one season only & Washington gets an alternate for their alternate. 

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If the new helmets for this season have to be pre-existing in the style guide (like the patriots white, falcons black, etc) how are the Eagles getting a black helmet to use for one season only & Washington gets an alternate for their alternate. 

The new helmet doesn't have to be in the style guide, but the jerseys the helmet is going with do. That's why popular throwbacks like the Creamsicles or Eagles kelly aren't happening this year.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The rules will be relaxed within 3 years and completely gone soon after so don't worry about it too much

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Right team??

He played 3 years and won a championship with them. With all the media coverage and exposure in a Bucs uniform, Brady has two right teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willforgetmylogin said:

You guys ever realize what you love in football unis is short sleeve bellhop attire?

Broncos new uniform proposals are stupidly fire. 

See ya next year!

Is this the photoshoot you were at where Russell and everyone else were wearing navy blue jerseys???

No no no no wait....you must have been at this photoshoot where everyone was wearing navy blue jerseys:

And I especially love you how read this one article and you're pretending you've seen new uniform proposals. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Uhh well it would be nice if they went back to white facemasks but other than that those are hardly different than what they’re currently wearing. Might be a weird roundabout way of getting to the fact that black helmets are nigh.

I believe that the two options for alternate helmet are all black (the current black unis were designed with the current green gloss helmet in mind) or all white (which would allow them to use a vintage logo like the jumbo jet plane or the Namath unis). These two ideas are in line with what we know the NFL wants to do with the alt helmets, as a supplement to an alternate look).

All that is to say that its possible their *throwback* is an 80s throwback that uses the current helmet with different decals. Honestly as a Jets fan I would want them to design a new look based off our current one that implements the 80s sharp wordmark and leave the black or white helmets to monochrome alternates.  

Example of such redesign:

spacer.png

Edited by TonyJets33
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

More than anything, the Jets need a logo that expresses their moniker. The wordmark and football is pretty bad. 

I love the way their uniform looks when they wear white pants (green pants never look good). They're bold, I don't hate angular stripes -- they are just as standard as classic stripes, they don't look bad when done right. 

Their only real issue for me is the logo has no character.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

More than anything, the Jets need a logo that expresses their moniker. The wordmark and football is pretty bad. 

I love the way their uniform looks when they wear white pants (green pants never look good). They're bold, I don't hate angular stripes -- they are just as standard as classic stripes, they don't look bad when done right. 

Their only real issue for me is the logo has no character.

I agree. I've really enjoyed this new-ish look of theirs, outside the logo. It would've been the perfect opportunity to reapply the '80s wordmark. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

You guys ever realize what you love in football unis is short sleeve bellhop attire?

Broncos new uniform proposals are stupidly fire. 

See ya next year!

I think I lost brain cells reading this. “Short sleeve bellhop attire” wtf is this suppose to mean. “Stupidly fire” wtf again. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. I've really enjoyed this new-ish look of theirs, outside the logo. It would've been the perfect opportunity to reapply the '80s wordmark. 

With the way uniform design has gone I'd rather them get it so close the first time (and it looks like theyre going to evaluate the logo scenario) vs completely miss the redesign and have to go back to the board. The Jets current green helmets sans corporate stale logo are some of the best in the league. Their current template with a few tweaks, like the angular 80s logo, could really 10/10 nail it (think the Rams going from bone to the new white unis they have, the Colts and Niners changing the wordmarks and fonts, changes like those didn't need the 5 year uniform period either).

• Like 4