NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

The black Panthers helmet is alright I guess, Carolina Blue would have been a thousand times better, though. Slightly disappointing but hey, it was so predictable so it's not like I had high hopes

The white Bengals helmet is good, as expected, it will look incredible with the rest of the white uniform, BUT I had no idea white tigers were a product of inhumane inbreeding practices. This is new information to me and I'm not sure how I feel about the Bengal's white tiger look anymore 👀

With that being said, I have no choice but to buy Madden 23 lol. Choosing uniforms is gonna be more fun than actually playing the game

• Like 2

What I don't understand is why evryone is raving about this black helmet. From the casual fan to @CC97 on the main site to Paul Lukas of Uni Watch, everyone thinks this is the greatest football uniform of all-time, but to me they look like a high-school team.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

everyone thinks this is the greatest football uniform of all-time.

I haven’t read that from anyone, let alone everyone. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I haven’t read that from anyone, let alone everyone. 

Per the mothership: (https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/07/19/carolina-panthers-unveil-glorious-new-black-alternate-helmet/football/)

Back in 2013, NFL.com held a poll to determine the “Greatest Uniform in NFL History,” and the all-black Carolina Panthers pairing (with a silver helmet) won the whole dang thing. So, can we just go ahead and call this an upgrade on the all-time greatest football uniform then?

Why am I asking? Yes. This is an upgrade, and this is a fact, not an opinion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

30 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think the decal is clear, but even if it wasn’t it would look the same of having a shiny  blob on the side of a matte helmet

I think the decal is matte black...you can tell it's not quite the same shade/finish between the two; if it was clear I think it'd be a bit more seamless. 

The Broncos suffer from this same thing...the blue areas on the Broncos' decals are not clear but should be. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’m surprised by the way that was written, but I’ll give you that one. I suspect some intentional hyperbole, but that can’t be assumed based on how it was worded.

Acknowledging the NFL poll as “fact” and the determiner of the all-time best uniform is a little out of character, and something I’d disagree with (not just the opinion of it being the best, but using that poll as “fact” and representative of everyone.)

regardless, while I think it’s being viewed positively, I haven’t noticed the same level of gushing that you’re describing. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Guys, you're not going to believe me, but the same "connect" I had that told me about the Panthers and Bengals is saying the not only will the Bucs wear the creamsiclces, but:

• Miami is going back to the throwbacks full time,
  • Broncos are wearing Orange Crush,
  • Rams are going all-black for "Hollywood Nights",
  • the Seahawks will wear the throwbacks next year,
  • the Chargers will have a periwinkle and volt alternate,
  • Bears are making the orange pants primary,
  • and the Cards are getting a makeover.

Oh, yeah, and WAS will get the striped gold pants back.

Trust me, dude. This guy works for Nike's stock department, and he said he's seen everyhting a year in advance. All the stripes are electricty-conductive, too.

Any time frame on the Chargers alt?  This season?

The Chargers are the perfect team to wear volt. 

• Huh? 3

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It's gonna be released on February 30th, 2024.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It was sarcasm based on a user who claimed to have insider info when the Chargers were releasing their new uniforms. They claimed they were purple, then when they released as powder blue tried to claim it looker periwinkle. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Guys, you're not going to believe me, but the same "connect" I had that told me about the Panthers and Bengals is saying the not only will the Bucs wear the creamsiclces, but:

• Miami is going back to the throwbacks full time,
  • Broncos are wearing Orange Crush,
  • Rams are going all-black for "Hollywood Nights",
  • the Seahawks will wear the throwbacks next year,
  • the Chargers will have a periwinkle and volt alternate,
  • Bears are making the orange pants primary,
  • and the Cards are getting a makeover.

Oh, yeah, and WAS will get the striped gold pants back.

Trust me, dude. This guy works for Nike's stock department, and he said he's seen everyhting a year in advance. All the stripes are electricty-conductive, too.

So this is all BS?  Don't freakin tease me like that, man!  😡  

The Rams released black jerseys to the public, so I thought that was true.  And the Seahawks WILL have throwbacks eventually.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

The fact that there’s support for this decision and design at all on this website of all places makes it feel like the acclaim is over the top. Im already gonna hate every alternate helmet that comes down the line before I even see it just from the implication for the direction of the league’s aesthetics alone. And they still did even worse than I could’ve imagined. The fact that the helmet is black with only blue details when the blue parts on every other black piece are accented with silver makes it look disjointed and so so soo amateur. Exactly like something a college or high school team would pull. And matte helmets SUCK. Across the board. Period. At every level, no matter what’s going on below the chin. Man, I’m tired.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

5 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

The fact that there’s support for this decision and design at all on this website of all places makes it feel like the acclaim is over the top. Im already gonna hate every alternate helmet that comes down the line before I even see it just from the implication for the direction of the league’s aesthetics alone. And they still did even worse than I could’ve imagined. The fact that the helmet is black with only blue details when the blue parts on every other black piece are accented with silver makes it look disjointed and so so soo amateur. Exactly like something a college or high school team would pull. And matte helmets SUCK. Across the board. Period. At every level, no matter what’s going on below the chin. Man, I’m tired.

This is the first season of the NCAA-ization (or NBA-ization) of the NFL and, like you, I already hate it.

We're going to have umpteenth NFL helmet reveals every season and it's going to get really old really fast.

I will enjoy if the Packers just opt out year after year though. That would be fun.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Well the good news is that. at this rate, every team in the league will soon have a helmet that matches the rest of its uniform. In the year 2022, contrast and creativity equals bad.

So the NFL will be like FIFA where one team is all dark and the other team is all light. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Panthers still gotta do something with those outdated jerseys.

The block numbers are just fine.

But those stripes and tv numbers have really gotta be addressed.

ff_4600846-f7a922af0195f433c067alt2_full.jpg&w=900

• Like 13

6uXNWAo.png

55 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think the decal is matte black...you can tell it's not quite the same shade/finish between the two; if it was clear I think it'd be a bit more seamless. 

The Broncos suffer from this same thing...the blue areas on the Broncos' decals are not clear but should be. 

How do you make a matte decal? It will always end up looking glossy because it’s rubber and not painted, and even if it was the outer surface will still be the smooth glossy rubber

30 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Panthers still gotta do something with those outdated jerseys.

The block numbers are just fine.

But those stripes and tv numbers have really gotta be addressed.

ff_4600846-f7a922af0195f433c067alt2_full.jpg&w=900

Just lose the shoulder numbers.

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Just lose the shoulder numbers.

The shoulder stripes need to be modernized/modified.

Also, the Nike symbol is literally overlapping the Panther logo. 🥴

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The shoulder stripes need to be modernized/modified.

Also, the Nike symbol is literally overlapping the Panther logo. 🥴

Since TV numbers are no longer important to the NFL, just get rid of them when they take away from a team's look. The Nike logo is above the logo and may be touching it, but it's not overlapping it. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png