NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

15 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

Yes, but Slay Jr. is not his surname.  His wife isn't Betty Slay Jr, (or whatever her first name may be).  Like BBTV, I think a lot of these guys are SFSS. 

On his official bio on the Eagles website, he says he prefers simply Slay or Big Play Slay, and only his grandmother has permission to call him anything else.  So then why would he want Slay Jr on the jersey, when that's inviting people to disobey his wishes?  Seems like he's locked in to the Slay brand, so it's just odd.. Whatever - this isn't the hill I'm dying on.

• Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because y’all are talking about nameplates I’ll share my pet peeve. Why do players have first initials or worse first two letters of their first names or full names on their nameplates. It’s completely unnecessary to have a tiny Q in front of your last name when there is a giant number that also differentiates you.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

44 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

Yes, but Slay Jr. is not his surname.  His wife isn't Betty Slay Jr, (or whatever her first name may be).  Like BBTV, I think a lot of these guys are SFSS. 

Y’all really grasping at straws.

The wife of *insert last name* Jr. retains the Jr portion as well because legally, like I said previously, that Jr is part of the husband’s legal name. She can choose to drop the “Jr” in less formal situations, but her name is *insert name* Jr through-and-through.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Y’all really grasping at straws.

The wife of *insert last name* Jr. retains the Jr portion as well because legally, like I said previously, that Jr is part of the husband’s legal name. She can choose to drop the “Jr” in less formal situations, but her name is *insert name* Jr through-and-through.

Not 100% sure on your police work. So Kevin Costner plowed "Kelly Ripken Jr."?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

IRL, I’m the fourth of my family’s generation to carry my name, meaning that my last name includes a Roman numeral (IV). The number in my name is not considered part of my surname, but it’s rather a suffix. It’s on my state ID, legal documents, bank cards, etc., but whenever I sign documents, I don’t include it. If I were married, she would not carry my suffix, only my surname (if she so chose). If I we’re an athlete though, would I use the suffix? Personally yes, but it’s not a requirement. I hope that can clear some things up. 

• Like 13

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I can't believe how you guys overthink this. The original is Sr. (or I), the second generation is Jr. (or II)., and the third generation is III, and so on. If said player wants to add that to hs nameplate, it is their legal right to do so. The whole point of a suffix is to differentiate said person from the father of the same name, and the whole point of a personal brand is to differentiate yourself from other players (and make money), so they work hand in hand. 

In the case of Darius, it is a bit odd that he wants to be mononymously "Slay", but proceed to have "Slay Jr." on the nameplate, but then again, "Slay" is his preferred name, while "Slay Jr." is his legal suffix, similar to how Dick Vitale's prefffered name is "Dick", but his legal name is "Richard."

• Like 9

Yeah, the molehills [some] people make mountains out of around here--and then plant flags, pitch tents, build fires and will themselves to die on--never ceases to amaze me. 

This is just the latest case...

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If...ahem....*when* Washington decides to make up for its current set (which I have openly played devil's advocate for--IMO it's just not attempting to preserve anything from the past), I think they should take the WFT set and do the following:

• move sleeve numbers to shoulders
  • lift the cuff stripes up onto the sleeve so they can be more pronounced and wider
  • make a decent custom number font -- custom number fonts do wonders when done right
  • Have a more  standardized "COMMANDERS" and "WASHINGTON" chest wordmarks if they feel like it OR
  • ...since they are trying to go for a military theme, instead of a wordmark, use a badge style logo like the Steelers and Jaguars
  • Bring back double stripes to pants
  • preserve the awesome helmet finish of the current one, bring back yellow facemasks
  • three stars above the nameplate 

Done. 

• Like 10

Watch and see the mascot ends up being the gawdam dog! Why man? WHYYYYY?!?!?  Is the Commanders' front office oblivious to the existence of the Cleveland Browns and their secondary dog identity? 

This franchise was fortunate enough to have a secondary identity of hogs/pigs ready to go whenever the old name's controversy became too much of a heat magnet to hold on to. Did they go that route when it name was ultimately changed? Nope. Then for the first time in franchise history they decide to have a costumed mascot. Clearly the smart thing would be to unveil a hog mascot. That's what they're going to do right? Maybe. Perhaps. We'll see how the fan vote turns out which included a superhero, a (likely) George Washington figure and of course the dog mentioned before.

This whole situation could have been a lot easier than it's ended up being smh

Just pick the friggin hog Snyder! Jeez!

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 hours ago, JTernup said:

Because y’all are talking about nameplates I’ll share my pet peeve. Why do players have first initials or worse first two letters of their first names or full names on their nameplates. It’s completely unnecessary to have a tiny Q in front of your last name when there is a giant number that also differentiates you.

I think your question was answered when they stopped doing this 15+ years ago.