NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Man, that brand toolkit is awful. The fact that there are two diametrically opposite colorways for each background color and 6 (!) colorways for a white background? Come on. The worst part is classifying the helmet logo as a “secondary” mark. Just doesn’t make much sense and seems very confusing for a designer or licensee to use effectively.

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The worst part is classifying the helmet logo as a “secondary” mark. Just doesn’t make much sense and seems very confusing for a designer or licensee to use effectively.

In fairness the Vikings, Rams and Eagles helmet logos are all considered secondary marks. Not a unique thing within the league's branding. Only thing with Washington is their primary and secondary marks are just color swaps of each other.

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is ridiculous. They don't even use half of these

I'm still waiting for them to start selling burgundy hats with the gold W. Like the first secondary logo shown.

• Like 6

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is ridiculous. They don't even use half of these:

mRPgxVO.png

The alternate roundel (Row 1, Column 3) was retired within a month of it's unveiling

• LOL 4

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, Krona said:

Not a lot that would save this helmet (seems completely unnecessary) but inverting the colors on the C would go a long way. That shade of orange works like a lighter color, which in my mind, signals to make the darker color the outline. If they wanted an orange helmet, they should of just really mixed in up and add stripes or put another logo on there altogether. It's like they wanted to stick to tradition in the most garish of ways.

The C is pretty much invisible from any kind of distance.  Maybe a white C with navy outline would be better.  Also would match the numbers on the orange jersey.

35 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The alternate roundel (Row 1, Column 3) was retired within a month of it's unveiling

I assume you mean column 1, row 3, and also no it wasn't, it's actually on the back of the jerseys:

1417094447-850x560.jpeg

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Man, that brand toolkit is awful. The fact that there are two diametrically opposite colorways for each background color and 6 (!) colorways for a white background? Come on. The worst part is classifying the helmet logo as a “secondary” mark. Just doesn’t make much sense and seems very confusing for a designer or licensee to use effectively.

I actually work for a sponsor of the Commanders, so I got all the logos and style guides when they came out. They didn't even include the helmet logo or have it in their style guide. On any burgundy background, it's the burgundy W with gold outline. 

Doesn’t the NFL give exceptions to the 5 year rule if there’s an ownership change? If so, I’m hoping Snyder gets the boot even if for that and only that reason. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Doesn’t the NFL give exceptions to the 5 year rule if there’s an ownership change? If so, I’m hoping Snyder gets the boot even if for that and only that reason. 

That would be great. The biggest problem is that the most likely person to become the new owner is Tanya Snyder... who is the one that designed the uniforms.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

I actually work for a sponsor of the Commanders, so I got all the logos and style guides when they came out. They didn't even include the helmet logo or have it in their style guide. On any burgundy background, it's the burgundy W with gold outline. 

It really shouldn't be a surprise that this incompetent franchise doesn't understand how stencils work.

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm still waiting for them to start selling burgundy hats with the gold W. Like the first secondary logo shown.

So I just checked for the first time in a few weeks, and they actually are finally selling a hat with the helmet logo:

spacer.png

About damn time.

I'm still not buying one, because 🤬 Dan Snyder.

EDIT: They're also selling one with yet another colorway that isn't even in that mess from above, because sure, why not.

spacer.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, burgundy said:

That would be great. The biggest problem is that the most likely person to become the new owner is Tanya Snyder... who is the one that designed the uniforms.

if the league gets rid of Dan, surely they won't let his wife run the team. There's too much potential for a puppet owner scheme there, and even if Tanya isn't a pushover, Dan would still have some influence. 

They have to (and if the league does) will go out together.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, MJD7 said:

That's a big reason why I'd want the Bills to go back to the red helmet full-time (or at least as the primary, given the elimination of the one-helmet rule): it would help them stand out more in their division and the rest of the league. The Colts already have the white/blue/white combo locked down; of course, the Colts don't have any red, but I still like the Bills being able to distinguish themselves even more. There aren't enough red helmets in the league.

This is a good argument. The one hitch, to me at least, is that the Bills logo looks much better on a white background. Similar issue with the Texans, even if the overall uniform is better with a colored helmet.

• Like 3