NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 minute ago, panthers_2012 said:
I love it! And they have the original logo at midfield also.

Are they using the original logo on the helmet / sleeves too - like a "throwback" uniform (that hardly anyone would recognize as a throwback)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I totally forgot the Panthers updated their logo like seven or eight years ago, which I suppose speaks well to the update.

Anyway, ahead of today's Bears-Giants game, I learned that the railroad spur that runs from Secaucus to the Meadowlands for NFL games has been renamed the "BetMGM Meadowlands Rail Line." 

nj-transit-rantjpg-5894632b431c9459.jpg

NEW JERSEY TRANSIT IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

43 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Are they using the original logo on the helmet / sleeves too - like a "throwback" uniform (that hardly anyone would recognize as a throwback)?

Nope. Using the current logo on the helmets.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

I love it! And they have the original logo at midfield also.

I mean, wouldn't a proper throwback feature the old NFL shield logo at midfield? I know why it doesn't - the franchise doesn't want to associate with Jerry Richardson's preferences any more than they absolutely have to - but the field design as-is isn't one that Sam Mills ever played on coached on, right? Wasn't it 2018 after Tepper became owner that the Panthers finally put their logo at midfield?

• Like 1

spacer.png

Dolphins with aqua pants and aqua socks

Eagles with white pants and white socks 

Jaguars with teal pants and teal socks

Vikings with purple pants and purple socks 

Saints with white pants and white socks

Seahawks in navy pants and navy socks

Am I alone in hating this trend?

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Hate 1

28 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Dolphins with aqua pants and aqua socks

Eagles with white pants and white socks 

Jaguars with teal pants and teal socks

Vikings with purple pants and purple socks 

Saints with white pants and white socks

Seahawks in navy pants and navy socks

Am I alone in hating this trend?

The funny part is when a team is wearing non-white pants and socks of the same color, players magically stop pulling up their white oversocks like they do in every other situation

4 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

I think this looks better.

I know everyone here in Charlotte loves the throwback word mark, but I appreciate the cleaner more modern look.

This is coming from someone who normally hates when teams simplify their word marks ie the Timberwolves.

I much prefer the modern wordmark, but only when we do this:

School Tours | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com

I hope after CLTFC's season ends we go back to the fully colored endzones. The wordmark with a stroke is super boring.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

My first thought when I saw a highlight of that game was that it was Steelers v Cowboys, and the Steelers were wearing their throwback/color rush black jersey with the yellow numbers.  I wasn't listening to the sound, so it wasn't until the graphic came up at the end of the clip that I realized it was the 32s.

What an awful uniform and an overall awful rebrand.  THEY HAD TWO YEARS!  Shoulda stuck with WFT for another year (or permanently) if that's what it would have taken for them to get it right.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

My first thought when I saw a highlight of that game was that it was Steelers v Cowboys, and the Steelers were wearing their throwback/color rush black jersey with the yellow numbers.  I wasn't listening to the sound, so it wasn't until the graphic came up at the end of the clip that I realized it was the 32s.

What an awful uniform and an overall awful rebrand.  THEY HAD TWO YEARS!  Shoulda stuck with WFT for another year (or permanently) if that's what it would have taken for them to get it right.

Only hope now is if somehow, Synder gets kicked out. Or gets an offer even he couldn't refuse. 

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

I totally forgot the Panthers updated their logo like seven or eight years ago, which I suppose speaks well to the update.

Anyway, ahead of today's Bears-Giants game, I learned that the railroad spur that runs from Secaucus to the Meadowlands for NFL games has been renamed the "BetMGM Meadowlands Rail Line." 

nj-transit-rantjpg-5894632b431c9459.jpg

NEW JERSEY TRANSIT IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST

I have spent way too much time in that damned Secaucus station. Switching from the NYC subway to the train from Penn Station to Secaucus to whatever transfer I have there is always a nightmare, no matter how carefully I planned it.