NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

18 hours ago, MDGP said:

Let's just hope the bengals never find out about stripeless tigers.

White Tiger

That would be the "iced-out" look they go for. With silver stripes on a white background that no one further away than 5 feet can see. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I think what you're seeing here is more about a broad disdain for alternates in general than a severe dislike for this one, particular example. Because if this example seems distasteful, then surely they all will.  And I don't disagree with that sentiment, outside of the occasional throwback. 

I love tertiary color swap alternates (Carolina and Houston for example) and of course throwbacks. It fits with the brand and is consistent. But it has gotten out of hand in recent years in all sports though. With completely different designs and the like. I'm glad throwbacks are back and I was begging for the one helmet rule to be lifted because of that, but things like Washington, the Saints and Bears, for example having me coming close to oldschoolvikings side of the line. I like the Panthers and Cardinals(and I think white helmets look better with the black alt), but at the same time don't think they need to exist. The NFL just couldn't help themselves and just go back the the pre-2013 helmet rule.

• Like 5

On 9/28/2022 at 5:19 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I'm conflicted. The old man in me wants the Commanders to lose every time they were the black alternates so they'd get pushed into retirement sooner. The fan in me however wants them to beat dallas because... rivalry, and they really need a win after that shellacking by the Eagles.

We thank you for your sacrifice. 

Yeah, the white Bengals helmet just doesn’t do it for me. It didn’t help that Miami has white helmets and hints of orange, either. 

Already yawning over the alternate helmet phase we are in, and I’m pretty sure I’ve always leaned as one of the more okay-with-trying-new-things people on these boards. 

The NFL’s biggest aesthetic issue is a lack of color and contrast, and tonight’s game was Exhibit A

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It occurred to me with the Bengals pairing their new helmets with their old color rush.....the Bengals have three sets of white pants.

What

They ended up wearing the newer white pants, as they didn’t have the “swoop” towards the bottom.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It occurred to me with the Bengals pairing their new helmets with their old color rush.....the Bengals have three sets of white pants.

What

They only have two pairs. One with the orange stripes that inexplicably look like a clownfish and the other is the plain black stripes. Same pants they wore the previous game at New York. 

1427298034.0.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd said it when I merely made a concept centered around it, but I didn't want a white Bengals helmet to exist...and this is in spite of the fact that it remains one of my favorite concepts.  Is it weird that I like this helmet but also think it doesn't need to exist?

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

15 minutes ago, Discrim said:

I'd said it when I merely made a concept centered around it, but I didn't want a white Bengals helmet to exist...and this is in spite of the fact that it remains one of my favorite concepts.  Is it weird that I like this helmet but also think it doesn't need to exist?

Not at all. There is a difference between something being aesthetically pleasing and being appropriate for on-field apparel.

In this case I'm cool with it. In fact, I'd prefer they fully commit and drop the hints of orange still on the uniform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

I fully agree on this. Like, I enjoy Cardinals concepts that incorporate the flag design heavily. They’re fun, as simple as that. But I’d never want to actually see it done in real life; it would be way too tacky. 

If there were any teams who should keep their alternate helmet, the Bengals, Cowboys, Atlanta, New England & Carolina. Those seem to be the ones that have been regarded as perfect fits for each team. The rest seem incredibly unnecessary in comparison to these ones. 

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Personally, I think the Bengals should only wear the following combinations as they are all dynamite:

3a1330a1-864d-4e53-a2e1-60cf48cbbf3c-4bb154e75f73aee40fbaf9e067b9ddb9045.jpg?w=1
1343856985.jpg
usa_today_17444024.jpg

It's wild how much this simple change to the pants improves the uniform:

56RhFxg.gif

(I think orange over white like this is another good combo for them).

• Like 23
  • Love 3
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

It's wild how much this simple change to the pants improves the uniform:

56RhFxg.gif

I think that would look great with the black and orange jerseys, not so great with the white jerseys, which have the plain black stripes.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think that would look great with the black and orange jerseys, not so great with the white jerseys, which have the plain black stripes.

Yeah, I imagined they’d still keep the plain black & white pants in the rotation, too. This would just be to replace the clownfish pants.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Orange over white with orange socks is my favorite Bengals look, and this pants change would make it probably a perfect uniform, or as close to perfect as you can get.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Which is why they should have created a white jersey with the sleeve caps from the orange jersey then you have a perfect white/orange combo and the current w/w is designated as an alt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sport said:

They only have two pairs. One with the orange stripes that inexplicably look like a clownfish and the other is the plain black stripes. Same pants they wore the previous game at New York. 

1427298034.0.jpg

I've been wanting them to do this combo and get rid of the clownfish pants ever since they revealed the look... and now I see why they chose to have 2 different white pants. This doesn't work in practice nearly as well as it did in my head. Maybe with orange socks it'd be better?

• Like 1

ExJworW.png