NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 minutes ago, sitboaf said:

All y'all's points become moot when Joe Burrow fires a 9 yard missile into the BACK JUDGE'S solar plexus.

I haven't heard about any confusion when they first debuted these in 2016, and they've worn them every year since (up until last year, of course). I doubt the helmet makes a difference, gibven that the ref wears a black hat.

hearing the Panthers may have minimal field markings again this week due to the hurricane moving in over the weekend and 1day  changeover from CLT FC (Saturday) to NFL (Sunday) may not be possible during the heavy rain that is expected.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I'm conflicted. The old man in me wants the Commanders to lose every time they were the black alternates so they'd get pushed into retirement sooner. The fan in me however wants them to beat dallas because... rivalry, and they really need a win after that shellacking by the Eagles.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

While acknowledging the existence of white tigers, I feel that the Bengals' normal helmet is so good that they should never wear anything else. Not a white version, not the old one that just said "BENGALS" on it, just that. Maybe it'll look cool once, but I don't think it's something they should make a habit of. But then again I'm very conservative on NFL uniforms. I don't think anyone should have a second helmet or a third jersey.

• Like 12

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm honestly shocked people hate Cincy's white tiger look this much. It is probably one of the more sensical alternate uniforms in the NFL. It maintains distinctive elements of the primary design (Bengal stripes) while showcasing something different that also fits the mascot and that the fans like. I don't really love the alternate field design, but the actual uniform as something they break out a couple times a year is fun. Different enough to be a novelty, but still fitting with the brand. Of all the colors do to monochrome, all-white also has the most history in football. It still fits the aesthetic of the sport. 

Are they doing some kind of a white-out promotion to get the crowd all in one color? That would be fun. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm honestly shocked people hate Cincy's white tiger look this much. It is probably one of the more sensical alternate uniforms in the NFL. It maintains distinctive elements of the primary design (Bengal stripes) while showcasing something different that also fits the mascot and that the fans like. I don't really love the alternate field design, but the actual uniform as something they break out a couple times a year is fun. Different enough to be a novelty, but still fitting with the brand. Of all the colors do to monochrome, all-white also has the most history in football. It still fits the aesthetic of the sport. 

I think the key difference for the Bengals here is there's some actual reasoning behind the look as opposed to like the Bears' orange helmets because they felt like trying orange helmets. 

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Are they doing some kind of a white-out promotion to get the crowd all in one color? That would be fun. 

They've asked people to wear white and I think most will, but I'm seeing a lot of "I PAID XXX DOLLARS FOR AN ORANGE JOE BURROW JERSEY AND IM GONNA WEAR IT DAMMMMIT" online. 

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

While acknowledging the existence of white tigers, I feel that the Bengals' normal helmet is so good that they should never wear anything else. Not a white version, not the old one that just said "BENGALS" on it, just that. Maybe it'll look cool once, but I don't think it's something they should make a habit of. But then again I'm very conservative on NFL uniforms. I don't think anyone should have a second helmet or a third jersey.

I agree. There's too few games to play around with brand recognition this much, but we have lost that fight and because it's over I might as well celebrate the alternates when they're good and the Bengals' alternate is good. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I think what you're seeing here is more about a broad disdain for alternates in general than a severe dislike for this one, particular example. Because if this example seems distasteful, then surely they all will.  And I don't disagree with that sentiment, outside of the occasional throwback. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I think what you're seeing here is more about a broad disdain for alternates in general than a severe dislike for this one, particular example. Because if this example seems distasteful, then surely they all will.  And I don't disagree with that sentiment, outside of the occasional throwback. 

I hate that the team used an updated color rush as their default white set and did not go with a orange trimmed default away jersey and that the league is so stubborn that they are forcing them into an inferior set just for the purpose of wearing an alt helmet.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

I agree. There's too few games to play around with brand recognition this much, but we have lost that fight and because it's over I might as well celebrate the alternates when they're good and the Bengals' alternate is good. 

Good but not great. The way I see it, the Bengals had a very successful redesign that stripped away some of the worst habits of mid-2000s NFL design. I wouldn't want to get in the way of that. I wouldn't want to see this more than once every other year or so for the game closest to Christmas. Three or four times a year is too much. But as you said, the war's over.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫