NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That looks not terrible.

I wouldn't say it looks not terrible, but it doesn't not look not terrible.  It only looks off because it's a one-off, but in itself is alright.  If the team were to adopt that as their look, it'd be fine (until they inevitably decide to go full banana from the waist down.)

Edited by BBTV
edited for a little clarity. not much more, just a little
  • Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I wouldn't say it looks not terrible, but it doesn't not look not terrible.  It only looks terrible because it's a one-off.  If the team were to adopt that as their look, it'd be fine (until they inevitably decide to go full banana from the waist down.)

It keeps the britches look and has the effect of transitioning from the white to gold and the gold blending into the socks.

• Like 8

Right now the Rams' bone jerseys are going back into storage and the white jersey takes over for the rest of the season.

I want to talk about the Rams original primary designations which were shown in the release art and how they have largely vanished from the field save the blue over yellow:

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

Home- blue over blue
Road - bone over bone with blue socks

Alternate 1: blue over yellow

Color Rush: bone over bone with bone socks

For my purposes here, I'm referring to Home and Road as "original primary designations" and all four shown combination as originally intended combinations.

2020: Out of 18 games (playoffs included) the Rams wore originally intended combinations 11 times. Of those 11, the Rams wore the original primary designations 5 times.

2021: Out of 21 games (playoffs included) the Rams wore their white alternates for 4 games, leaving 17 non-alternate games. Of which the wore originally intended combinations only 8 times. Of those 8, the Rams wore the original primary designations  just 3 times. They actually wore blue over bone for as many games as blue over yellow.

2022: So far through 6 games, including preseason, the Rams have worn an originally intended combination twice, both times being the blue over yellow with zero instances (at present) of an original primary designation with both bone over bone options eliminated.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ramsey in the yellow socks again. Either he got fined & doesn’t mind paying, or he avoided the fine last week and decided to press his luck. 

spacer.png

I wish the entire team wore yellow (sol) socks as they look a lot better than blue on blue. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Ramsey's yellow socks look not terrible on their own, but extremely terrible when paired with the rest of the team in blue socks. 

spacer.png

The epitome of "Look at me" mentality. Different color gloves/cleats or loose shirt is one thing... but... this is solely to draw attention to oneself. After a certain number of uniform fines on one particular part of the uniform, they should either increase the fine exponentially, or suspend them for a game.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Can the NFL start clamping down on this sock nonsense? Every time I see teams like the 49ers and Vikings, I have no idea what the hell their sock colors are because it's different from player to player. If you want to wear all white socks then fine, I will concede on that at this point but don't deck out half the team in white socks and then give a couple other players team color socks. Just please pick a color and make the entire team wear it.

• Like 7

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Bengals debut their white helmet and uniforms Thursday night. Field getting some special touches too.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

So instead of looking orange it will look peach?

SMH.  What a horrible idea. When I first heard the rumor of the Bengals using a white helmet, I laughed. I thought that it was some silly fan drivel that would never come to fruition. Well, here we are and I was wrong. An albino tiger. Makes no sense to me. Seems like we've gone from "black for blacks's sake"  to white for white's sake, it seems.

The shame of it is, the Bengals greatly improved their uniforms with this current set. If it were up to me, I'd scrap the white completely. It's hot garbage - and I'd emphasize the orange. They should have two sets of pants - orange and black. That's it.

• Yawn 1

On 9/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, Sport said:

Bengals are practicing in their white helmets for the first time today. It's kind of weird/surreal to actually see photos of it for real. It almost feels photoshoped. 

That looks even worse than I imagined. Just f'ing awful!

1 hour ago, Durden said:

That looks even worse than I imagined. Just f'ing awful!

You do realize they are not wearing the current uniforms on Thursday with the white helmet. They are actually wearing the former color rush uniform: 

spacer.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, nuordr said:

You do realize they are not wearing the current uniforms on Thursday with the white helmet. They are actually wearing the former color rush uniform: 

spacer.png

I do realize that and those uniforms look absolutely, positively AWFUL.  Black and white makes no sense for the Bengals. None. What a horrible decision to go with these uniforms.

Color rush is a farce. There is no color and there is no rush with those abominations.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2

10 minutes ago, Durden said:

I do realize that and those uniforms look absolutely, positively AWFUL.  Black and white makes no sense for the Bengals. None. What a horrible decision to go with these uniforms.

Color rush is a farce. There is no color and there is no rush with those abominations.

This is the nicest uniform they've ever worn and it's a travesty that their new sets didn't adopt this as the Away design and have coordinating home & CR designs to go with it.

It's one of the nicest uniforms worn in the league's recent history. 

Your opinion is absolutely, positively AWFUL.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is the nicest uniform they've ever worn and it's a travesty that their new sets didn't adopt this as the Away design and have coordinating home & CR designs to go with it.

It's one of the nicest uniforms worn in the league's recent history. 

Your opinion is absolutely, positively AWFUL.

LOL. What are we in sixth grade, repeating words to each other? Black and white are for zebras and referees. Not a professional football team.  Why are you butthurt over my comments? Do you need validation for liking those uniforms?

Blandest. Worst. Definitely not nicest. Not a chance. I'm not sure why you care so much about what I think. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Those uniforms are dog 💩.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1