NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

18 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Well, I guess the league does still enforce some things, since Rams Kicker Matt Gay absolutely went off over a fine by wearing extra baggy pants in a Tweet about his frustration:

I suppose he wore pants that looked something like this vs. the Bills:

spacer.png

It feels silly that they’d go after Gay specifically when 90% of the league is constantly violating these rules now. Though, it does appear in this pic that he actually cut them that high with scissors, which makes it even funnier that he’s mad. Boohoo they won’t let me chop up my yellow performance pants that were designed in a literal laboratory to offer the least restrictive range of motion possible. Im only on the field for like five plays a game so no one should even notice wahh.

Meanwhile, Jalen Ramsey is probably gonna walk free for wearing yellow socks with his yellow pants when every other player on the team, including usual offenders, was wearing blue.

B52-B19-AE-66-C3-456-A-B000-C5-DC17819-A

• Hurl 4

8 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

It feels silly that they’d go after Gay specifically when 90% of the league is constantly violating these rules now. Though, it does appear in this pic that he actually cut them that high with scissors, which makes it even funnier that he’s mad.

Gay's pants are so extremely breaking the rule that they couldn't really ignore it. I think they let it slide if it's a little bit above the knee. But when the pants are halfway up your thigh that's pretty ridiculous. Could part of the fine be for not wearing padding as well or that not required for all players?

I'm willing to give up the white-sock bottom.  The toothpaste is already out of the tube on that one, and it's obsolete.  But there needs to be uniformity in color.  I don't care if the bottom is white on some guys and not on everyone, but at least the visible color needs to be consistent.  By definition, the parts of a uniform should be uniform.  There should be a higher standard in the NFL than in "lol amateur" football, where I don't care if your fat belly is exposed, calves are exposed, t-shirt is hanging down to your knees, etc.  But the NFL should have a higher standard.

If the slob shirts ./ cummerbunds are going to be allowed, then they should also be defined in the rule book as being allowed, should be in the style guide, and should be uniform among all players.

Merton Hanks should not only come back, but should probably be the commissioner.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/15/2022 at 10:33 AM, WestCoastBias said:

This.

This board hates the swoosh on the front of any uniform but it's gotta happen for the sake of getting back full sleeve stripes in the NFL.

Or teams can do what Cincinnati and the Rams did and build the sleeve cap with the intent of making sure that the swoosh stands out. As short as some sleeves are, players have even placed the swoosh on the shoulders if they've run out of space on the sleeves. 

On 9/15/2022 at 8:29 PM, roger71 said:

Well, I'm older than 32 and lived through the day where full shoulder stripes weren't an issue. And I hate that full shoulder stripes don't seem possible any more. As an LSU alum, I hate the half-stripe stuff, but I also don't like the shoulder stripe bumping into the sleeve stripe.

Sucks that for all of Nike's bells and whistles, they can't do the foundational things correctly.

Lack of space plays a part. Mississippi and LSU both went with full shoulder loops for a few seasons before going back to cutting them off at the seams of the new template. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So the new one does fill up more space since the old one was arched; and the new one would have worked better in the Super Bowl a few years ago, but man is this one soulless - and this makes it even more ridiculous that they didn't get it in on time to put it on the jerseys.  Should have timed everything to go at the same time.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So the new one does fill up more space since the old one was arched; and the new one would have worked better in the Super Bowl a few years ago, but man is this one soulless - and this makes it even more ridiculous that they didn't get it in on time to put it on the jerseys.  Should have timed everything to go at the same time.

If they are completely changing uniforms next year, I'd have held off using the new wordmark, but maybe adding them to this uniform set would have reset the 5 year clock? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

If they are completely changing uniforms next year, I'd have held off using the new wordmark, but maybe adding them to this uniform set would have reset the 5 year clock? 

They're not changing uniforms next year - where did you get that from?

Just now, BBTV said:

They're not changing uniforms next year - where did you get that from?

It keeps getting floated, and with a change in wordmark, wouldn't that suggest such a thing? We all know they're trying to create a kelly green that Nike can say is there's alone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It keeps getting floated, and with a change in wordmark, wouldn't that suggest such a thing? We all know they're trying to create a kelly green that Nike can say is there's alone. 

Kelly green is an alt only.  When they released the new wordmark, they said it would go on the jersey in 23 or 24 (since I guess it counts as a change that needed a 2-year lead time).  Similar to when the Patriots changed from the script to the arched version of theirs.

I know that they've been less hardline about changing the uniforms (going from an emphatic "no" to a more wishy-washy approach) but I don't think there's been anything from any reputable source that indicates any major change is on the horizon.

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm willing to give up the white-sock bottom.  The toothpaste is already out of the tube on that one, and it's obsolete.  But there needs to be uniformity in color.  I don't care if the bottom is white on some guys and not on everyone, but at least the visible color needs to be consistent.  By definition, the parts of a uniform should be uniform.  There should be a higher standard in the NFL than in "lol amateur" football, where I don't care if your fat belly is exposed, calves are exposed, t-shirt is hanging down to your knees, etc.  But the NFL should have a higher standard.

If the slob shirts ./ cummerbunds are going to be allowed, then they should also be defined in the rule book as being allowed, should be in the style guide, and should be uniform among all players.

Merton Hanks should not only come back, but should probably be the commissioner.

Yeah, I'm more perturbed by guys randomly wearing solid white socks when everyone else is wearing solid color or color-over-white.

Seems like the Niners are one of the biggest offenders.

I'm good with solid color socks/tights. I'm good with plain white socks/tights. Just pick a lane as a team.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Meanwhile, Jalen Ramsey is probably gonna walk free for wearing yellow socks with his yellow pants when every other player on the team, including usual offenders, was wearing blue.

B52-B19-AE-66-C3-456-A-B000-C5-DC17819-A

So do the Rams have a yellow sock option, or did Ramsey go into business for himself?

If a yellow option is available, I'd really like to see how the Rams would look in white/blue/yellow. To a lesser extent blue/blue/yellow. 

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller