NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

8 hours ago, dont care said:

What’s the guy with the peanut shaped head and Habsburg jaw suppose to be?

An example of the correct shade of Old Gold, which the Saints refuse to use for anything but numbering and accents on their Color Rush set and, apparently, mascot?

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

With Starting Lineup roiling out NBA players this year I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL/NFLPA jump on this next year too, if they haven't already. Agreed with the Huddles. I had a Washington and I believe the Bears Huddles at one time, but not the Browns because we ordered them out of Sears and they never had all of the teams at any time except for the cheap football uniforms. And the cutesy toy aesthetic translates pretty easily to them.

Toy News: Funko Release their Next Wave of NFL Gold Figures through Walmart  – NERD LIFE

Starting Lineup NBA Series One Figures Revealed | Pop Insider

They are a little overpriced in my opinion ($50) but I can see why people might want to pay that. They're wearing there actual shoes as well as the official uniforms.

Those Funko figures are totally unrealistic. You can tell the socks apart from the pants on most of them!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

With Starting Lineup roiling out NBA players this year I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL/NFLPA jump on this next year too, if they haven't already. Agreed with the Huddles. I had a Washington and I believe the Bears Huddles at one time, but not the Browns because we ordered them out of Sears and they never had all of the teams at any time except for the cheap football uniforms. And the cutesy toy aesthetic translates pretty easily to them.

Toy News: Funko Release their Next Wave of NFL Gold Figures through Walmart  – NERD LIFE

Starting Lineup NBA Series One Figures Revealed | Pop Insider

They are a little overpriced in my opinion ($50) but I can see why people might want to pay that. They're wearing there actual shoes as well as the official uniforms.

Hasbro already said that the NFL will return next year.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I think the Saints have the issue that they can't really use the pope as a mascot and what really is a saint and how should they look without pissing off everyone?

Well, the Pope isn't a saint, so I don't know why they would want to use him as the basis of a mascot.

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, the Pope isn't a saint, so I don't know why they would want to use him as the basis of a mascot.

True, but if you ask a kid to draw a saint I figure it'll be a Franciscan monk with a halo, or the pope.  Saint Francis of Assisi wouldn't look as cool running with a football as the Padres father does hitting the ball. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, the wrong Florida team went back to their 2002 uniform as if nothing happened.

The Bucs look really great tho and i way better than their 2010s look. I feel the Jags old uniforms was at least salvageable 

11 hours ago, ripall90 said:

I really hope the Jags change their uniforms soon. They are so generic. Honestly a lot of the newer Nike uniforms are so generic 

How bad are those Jag uniforms? I saw a Trevor Lawrence commercial and I thought he was wearing one of those generic uniforms when they don’t want to pay for licensing. That bad.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Um...no.

0-season-FMIAD-2002.jpgk9zgdml3i280m4jzmbx4.jpg

Bottom uniforms + Machine Block numbers from the top minus the dropshadows = winner.

(Seriously, those Peyton Manning forehead numbers have got to go....)

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, ripall90 said:

The Bucs look really great tho and i way better than their 2010s look. I feel the Jags old uniforms was at least salvageable 

What parts are salvageable? We can all agree that the helmet and primary jersey color can stay in the garbage. Is it the contrasting sleeve caps? Nope, those have been ugly and contoured the players' forms unflatteringly every time they've been used, college and pro. Leave those in 2010 where they belong. Perhaps the free-floating gold neck spikes? Nope, gold bound only by teal is super tacky, hence why the gold accents was always accompanied by or bordered with black on the originals. It couldn't be the shiny vinyl shoulder appliques that were meant to imply "claw scratches" or who the :censored: knows? Of course not, those were secretly a top five ugliest uni element ever conceived.  And I won't even open discussion on those chunky parallelogram pants. 

What does that leave us with? Looks like the numbers, which I did think were pretty alright for what they were (even though they infernally made them black on the teal jersey for some reason), though I prefer the current ones, and even moreso the original cool cat font from '97. Take that, add black and gold details on the cuffs, put a crawling cat on the sleeve, stick with the all-black helmet, and put a tri-colored stripe on the pants. Now there's a uniform. Great work by the salvage unit.

Only grilling you because I have so many times over the last ten years seen somebody say "this is salvageable," maybe accompanied by a pic, and nothing else. Nobody has anything good to say about it except "its salvageable" and it drives me insane because when you pick it apart piece by piece, not a single thing holds up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

What does that leave us with? Looks like the numbers, which I did think were pretty alright for what they were (even though they infernally made them black on the teal jersey for some reason), though I prefer the current ones, and even moreso the original cool cat font from '97. Take that, add black and gold details on the cuffs, put a crawling cat on the sleeve, stick with the all-black helmet, and put a tri-colored stripe on the pants. Now there's a uniform. Great work by the salvage unit.

For those of you who don't like redirecting links:

6Nk9sBn.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

16 hours ago, ripall90 said:

I really hope the Jags change their uniforms soon. They are so generic. Honestly a lot of the newer Nike uniforms are so generic 

All the Jags need are number outlines (black or gold, either works) and a pants stripe and they have a great look.

Tom Coughlin and Co just went waaayyyy too conservative after the two tone helmet debacle. (And cause Coughlin wanted them to bascially be the Teal/Black Giants.)