2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

13 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Avs are back practicing and Nate’s gear appears to be a navy blue but sans the white stripes on the normal third uniform pants. 

The guy was asked and said they were just the normal pants.  That the lighting on his phone sucks.

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

New gloves for the Flyers. Could be tied to their RR, could just be an equipment change ala Colorado.

Those are really ugly. They should have been orange cuffs and not white ones…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

As a Sharks fan, I was spooked by the idea of all teal, at first. The lighting in the graphic that Murji posted looks closest to our organization's first teal, which I would considered the worst teal option the Sharks have when it comes to a monochromatic approach. I cried myself to sleep that night (like any grown man does when an aesthetic standard isn't met) then woke up to a much better teal, provided by Kuhre's mockup. Not wanting to get my hopes up, I decided to submerge myself back into the deep Pacific for the first time in years to see if I could gain some clarity.

After seeing bits and pieces of the look from a trusted source, I am feeling much more optimistic. The biggest relief was learning that the teal will be the one used in Kuhre's mockup. Even if they end up not using different pants for home/away, I’d still consider the monochrome a huge upgrade. Everything actually looked pretty modern, and I can't wait to see the final product against teams in our division. I definitely have games against Calgary (this would be an unbelievably enjoyable color vs color matchup if they let it happen) and Vegas circled on my calendar. While it doesn’t provide much that isn’t already known, my source told me that they have not seen new, black pants in any capacity. They also mentioned that the organization has been prioritizing September 16 as a very important date. This could 100% be due to the Barracuda’s new rink hosting fans for the first time but it wouldn’t be ridiculous for them to go all in, attempting to generate sizable excitement for a team who isn’t supposed to do well this season. (This was mentioned in the article that has been posted, but I wanted to voice that the theory is backed by whispers around the facility.)

Nothing groundbreaking, but I thought it might help anyone who shared these concerns.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BoysClub said:

As a Sharks fan, I was spooked by the idea of all teal, at first. The lighting in the graphic that Murji posted looks closest to our organization's first teal, which I would considered the worst teal option the Sharks have when it comes to a monochromatic approach. I cried myself to sleep that night (like any grown man does when an aesthetic standard isn't met) then woke up to a much better teal, provided by Kuhre's mockup. Not wanting to get my hopes up, I decided to submerge myself back into the deep Pacific for the first time in years to see if I could gain some clarity.

After seeing bits and pieces of the look from a trusted source, I am feeling much more optimistic. The biggest relief was learning that the teal will be the one used in Kuhre's mockup. Even if they end up not using different pants for home/away, I’d still consider the monochrome a huge upgrade. Everything actually looked pretty modern, and I can't wait to see the final product against teams in our division. I definitely have games against Calgary (this would be an unbelievably enjoyable color vs color matchup if they let it happen) and Vegas circled on my calendar. While it doesn’t provide much that isn’t already known, my source told me that they have not seen new, black pants in any capacity. They also mentioned that the organization has been prioritizing September 16 as a very important date. This could 100% be due to the Barracuda’s new rink hosting fans for the first time but it wouldn’t be ridiculous for them to go all in, attempting to generate sizable excitement for a team who isn’t supposed to do well this season. (This was mentioned in the article that has been posted, but I wanted to voice that the theory is backed by whispers around the facility.)

Nothing groundbreaking, but I thought it might help anyone who shared these concerns.

3 hours ago, BoysClub said:

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Just saw this mock-up on Twitter. Not perfect, but works in showing how it might look and really makes it look pretty nice

I am a huge fan of the Sharks' original bright teal. However, I would prefer black helmets and pants with that particular shade. An All-Pacific deep teal uniform would work and it's a look I hope Sharks fans will embrace. I believe they will love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesieve22 said:

How long before Vegas follows suit (sorry no pun intended) and switches to grey pants? They currently use them for their gold jersey and I think they would look good in the regular rotation 

My guess is that they’ll use the grey breezers on the road this year. If they’ve dropped the grey sweater, then the only black present on the set would be in the logo. The road white gloves are worn with the gold alts now primary homes.

They also seem to be adding the new black alternate breezers for the leaked reverse retro. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

35 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

My guess is that they’ll use the grey breezers on the road this year. If they’ve dropped the grey sweater, then the only black present on the set would be in the logo.

They haven't dropped the grey, it's just their alternate now instead of their home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

They haven't dropped the grey, it's just their alternate now instead of their home.

Well from what I had heard, they’re getting a new third jersey. But there’s also the reverse retro being added, which would leave the grey sweater as the odd one out now. 

It definitely seems like they’ll be dropping that soon though. The gold and white jerseys match a little better than the grey and whites do. Plus the road has white gloves like the gold jersey, and the grey breezers would fit perfectly on the road too.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Looks like the Sharks change might actually be imminent

Between this, the confusion on what jerseys the Knights have, and the late Canes home jersey swap, is it me or has this season had a lot more late announcements and surprise changes since the pre-CCM/Koho deal days?

Here's a look at the full jersey. Looks like they've brought the fin back as the secondary and made the inside of the collar orange instead of teal.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I like it. I was worried when I heard there’d be a pattern or something inside the stripe that they’d do something dumb, but the wave pattern is pretty cool. 

love the return of the fin. The new treatment for it looks great. 

also notice there’s no orange in the main logo aside from the stick. The eye and line in triangle are white or silver 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, B-mer said:

I like it. I was worried when I heard there’d be a pattern or something inside the stripe that they’d do something dumb, but the wave pattern is pretty cool. 

love the return of the fin. The new treatment for it looks great. 

also notice there’s no orange in the main logo aside from the stick. The eye and line in triangle are white or silver 

spacer.png

turns out that was just the angle. orange in the logo remains (unfortunately)

• Like 4

Gorgeous. Maybe not as good as the originals, but close, and with a better crest.

Now please give me a t-shirt with that shoulder patch. Ideally one not made by Fanatics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.