2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

On 9/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, sitboaf said:

No one here is nostalgic for the half- drunk fan in the first row, wearing the jersey of a retired player, beer in one hand, and slapping the glass with the other hand, right?

Sure, why not, that guy's probably more fun to hang out with than people who post Hurricanes memes

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, Sport said:

I think the black numbers on the white jerseys are the right choice because it balances out the teal pants.

But black pants and teal numbers would have had the same balancing effect while also maintaining continuity and allowing a traditional ABAB distribution on the dark uniforms. There's a top-heavy feel to the black numbers above teal pants that doesn't look quite right to me compared with the inverse. They still look a lot better than they did last year, at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Patchey13 said:

The Canucks prospects are all wearing the Stripe-less pants in the prospects tournament.

Looks like they're gone for sure. Puzzling change imo

Never underestimate the Canucks ability to :censored: their uniforms up.

I just hope this isn't a portent of further changes to the home and roads uniforms going forward.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, B-mer said:

Another shark siting. 

Of all uniforms that have come and gone along with the clubs that have worn them, I'm truly missing the Hartford Whalers and their beautiful 80's all-kelly green uniforms along with their whites with the kelly green font plus Pucky the Sperm Whale secondary logo. Both the Sharks with their all-teal look and the Whalers would have a beautiful Battle of the Sea uniform matchup. Just make the Sharks' font on their away whites teal - would look great vs the Whalers' greens.Whalers01.png.4aaa30b58803e95d08e3a8e5485e59a6.png

On 9/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, B-mer said:

Another shark siting. 

I was entirely skeptical about the teal breezers when I saw the prototype, but in action it actually doesn't look too bad. I think I'd still prefer black with the teal sweaters but would definitely be ok with teal breezers being used on the away uniforms. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Those old Sharks unis with new equipment is straight out of a bad fever dream... but at least they're fast?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

18 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Of all uniforms that have come and gone along with the clubs that have worn them, I'm truly missing the Hartford Whalers and their beautiful 80's all-kelly green uniforms along with their whites with the kelly green font plus Pucky the Sperm Whale secondary logo. Both the Sharks with their all-teal look and the Whalers would have a beautiful Battle of the Sea uniform matchup. Just make the Sharks' font on their away whites teal - would look great vs the Whalers' greens.

Funny that you mention the pea-soup Whalers, because I was just thinking yesterday that head-to-toe teal has the same problem that Hartford's old uniforms had, where it's not bright enough (Red Wings) or dark enough (pick one) to really work. Like kelly green or slate blue or grey, it needs another color to break it up.

I can’t get over how amazing the teal buckets look for the Sharks. I guess I could take or leave the rest of the equipment. I do like the teal breezers and gloves, but man that helmet is something else. They should have gone with teal helmets since day one

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Funny that you mention the pea-soup Whalers, because I was just thinking yesterday that head-to-toe teal has the same problem that Hartford's old uniforms had, where it's not bright enough (Red Wings) or dark enough (pick one) to really work. Like kelly green or slate blue or grey, it needs another color to break it up.

The MLS Sounders' rave green is a pea-soup green. The Whalers' green was a vibrant kelly green...it was a bit darker in the early 80's.

I love colour. So, all-kelly green, teal, slate blue and grey work for me. All-orange, for example, I would agree with you.

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I can’t get over how amazing the teal buckets look for the Sharks. I guess I could take or leave the rest of the equipment. I do like the teal breezers and gloves, but man that helmet is something else. They should have gone with teal helmets since day one

110% agree. If the Kings had kept their purple and yellow-gold, a teal vs yellow-gold uniform matchup would have looked awesome.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Habs fans hate it. Non Habs fans hate.

Everybody hates it except RBC, who are licking their lips, as we speak.

My only hope is that fans don't buy jerseys with ads and their merch sales plummet.

or even just stop watching the NHL

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

I saw, I came, I left.

7 hours ago, B-mer said:

haven't seen anything official other than images of a few player numbers (39, 48, 47), so here's my estimation on what the Sharks' number typeface will look like. I don’t like how the 8 looks but overall it’s alright 

spacer.png

It's going to take a little while to get used of the black numbers. But it's a good choice of font.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:34 AM, the admiral said:

But black pants and teal numbers would have had the same balancing effect while also maintaining continuity and allowing a traditional ABAB distribution on the dark uniforms. There's a top-heavy feel to the black numbers above teal pants that doesn't look quite right to me compared with the inverse. They still look a lot better than they did last year, at least.

Black pants would've been the safe move and it would've looked good and we know that because teal numbers with black pants is what they've done since day one. I applaud the decision to use teal pants because it's trying something new and if we're using teal pants then I like black numbers over teal. 

How do you feel about the Blackhawks' use of black numbers on their white jerseys? I've always thought red with black outlines would've been the better way to go.

PvO6ZWJ.png