2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

13 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Completely off topic but agreed lol. Rap/hip hop should NEVER be paired with hockey. It just doesn't work. It's a fast, hard hitting sport, you need hard rock, metal or hell, even EDM or techno, but something fast and energetic

But Drake is Canadian, and it's plausible that many NHL players, too, feel sad about their friends.

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Completely off topic but agreed lol. Rap/hip hop should NEVER be paired with hockey. It just doesn't work. It's a fast, hard hitting sport, you need hard rock, metal or hell, even EDM or techno, but something fast and energetic

So all rap/hip hop is never fast or energetic? 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I know plenty of more examples than that

Well I don't doubt it but it's not my fault they always choose modern trap garbage in those videos lmao

Then again, I get it. This is what people listen to these days. They're just trying to please as many people as possible and I'm just a 30 year old boomer who yells at clouds and thinks rap hasn't been good in over 20 years. This isn't a hill I wanna die on lol. I just miss the days when guitar-based music and hockey (or just sports in general) went hand in hand. We've derailed the thread enough I think. Let's just agree to disagree

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BadSeed84 said:

Trash music in those teaser videos. Sometimes the NHL's marketing is just odd to me and seems like such a stretch.

The youths like that hippity-hop right? Put some royalty free crap in the teasers to grab their attention so the reverse retros can trend for being “Lit Fam” and “Clean AF”.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

How did we get to this discussion

Also

snoop.JPG

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

There's so many ways I could go with this current tangent of discussion--BUT, for the sake of all our collective sanity (& to save some feelings up in here), I think it's best if we ALL drop this whole tangent right now before things really go off a cliff...

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

It's simple really, I saw an opportunity to derail the thread and went for it, cause that's what I do lol

While I love old school Doggystyle era Snoop Dogg, his G-funk doesn't strike me as good hockey music

Lol its better to be lighthearted about it, nothing serious about it lol I agree with tBBP, lets drop it :P

Also if the Flyers is what I believe they will be, its pretty disappointing.

• Like 2

Hockey doesn't really have one music genre associated with it. They can pretty much use whatever they want and it makes some amount of sense, though I agree that xanax rap is probably pushing the limit.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The second leak today...adidas should skip the lame teasers and just unveil all of them.  

This is a huge miss. The lack of contrast was what made this jersey what it was. Take away the red stripes, and it's just messy.

Also, we still need a Stinger jersey.

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lou’s like “Fine, we’ll use that stupid fisherman logo again. But make the jerseys even uglier than the first time, so people hate it even more.” 

• Like 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I have mixed thoughts about this!

A white orange and gold Mighty Ducks jersey is a concept that's been done a hundred times and now seeing this exact idea brought to life feels predictable - which I guess is inevitable when it's a simple colour swap of the two eras. The one part I kind of hate is the gold stripe touching the orange - and I get why they did it that way (silver/gold, jade/orange swap) but those two colours should never touch. Looks like it might be metallic gold instead of beige, so hopefully they won't clash too much.

Nitpicking aside I'm obviously happy to see a version of the classic look return, even though I would have preferred the rumoured third recolour. But mostly happy that they'll have at least one white jersey that isn't an ugly mess.

I really doubt this, but I hope they go with a 1995 throwback and not a 1993 throwback because I want to see the shoulder patches. Maybe frame it as a 2003 jersey, but I don't know if any of the other RR's were in middle of years as opposed to being the first year of the jersey.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png