2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

10 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Just more proof that the Caps need to bring back the black/gold/bronze color scheme.

If you meant Black/Slate Blue/White/Bronze, then I concur, the combination looks just as DC as the red, white and blue, but looks a lot sharper and a lot more distinctive than either of the red, white and blue shades that the Caps have used as full time colour combos.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 9:51 PM, andrewharrington said:

What are you on about here? There’s like a single legitimate crest still around from this era on the entirety of the internet, and it’s what I used to draw the RR version (obviously, I had to take some liberties and use my own interpretation on some of the missing details and general cleanup, but you get the idea).

spacer.png

Sorry, I didn't expect an Annie Hall moment. I don't mean this personally towards you. It must be quite an honour to redesign such a significant and historic logo. Johnny Canuck has been at the centre of a branding debate for the last 50 years with this franchise.

Maybe I take this more seriously than I should but I am a long term fan of the Canucks so I am invested. This logo is important to me. I have researched and know the history of the WHL team quite well. Better than most people. I have collected hundreds of pictures of the team and have seen those uniforms. I know how that logo looked on their uniforms and in print materials.

This looks out of proportion to me. I am not the only person with this opinion who has commented online. I thought it was ok to post a comment here, since this is a forum where people talk about the minutiae of sports logos and uniforms.

2 minutes ago, uniformity said:

I am not the only person with this opinion who has commented online.

There’s a strong chance these other online people are incorrect. Which is weird, I know. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There’s a strong chance these other online people are incorrect. Which is weird, I know. 

I don't need to argue. I know the logo history very well and it doesn't look right. Others have commented about the same thing independently. Perhaps there is a strong bias on this board. Seems logical.

• Huh? 1

15 minutes ago, uniformity said:

I don't need to argue. I know the logo history very well and it doesn't look right. Others have commented about the same thing independently. Perhaps there is a strong bias on this board. Seems logical.

Who are these others you keep bringing up? 

Maybe reddit user phatballzzzz42069 isn’t an expert…

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, uniformity said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Funny, historical photographs seem to disagree with you that the legs are "too long". Perhaps these other people are too familiar with the modernized Johnny, but the crest on the Canucks' Reverse Retros looks very much like the one on these jerseys.

And these photos did not take very long to find, either.

• Like 2

Yeah...bring back the bronze n' blue!!!

Sign me up for that petition...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||