2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, DJT said:

I REALLY want to see some people's mock ups  based off this jersey. Tweak the colors slightly. Make a white version, a black version and this would be a perfect set.

There are a LOT of mockups I'd like to see.  They've entered CavFanatic territory.

New / forthcoming  palette seems like black + yellow + 90s purple.

I'd like to see how other color could be integrated:

+/- light blue

+/- green (light or dark)

+/- black

Probably not copper.  I'd like to see all combos applied to J note, mountains, and even red rock.

In a way, most of their palettes overlapped slightly, with varying degrees of divergence from original Mardi Gras:

Purple/black/navy

Gold/copper/yellow

Kelly Green/teal/Light blue/ forest green

Red rock is harder to tie in, but gradient of black to red to yellow could somewhat translate to black to purple to yellow.

A mess, but easier to incorporate than Cavs orange

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chakfu said:

There are a LOT of mockups I'd like to see.  They've entered CavFanatic territory.

New / forthcoming  palette seems like black + yellow + 90s purple.

I'd like to see how other color could be integrated:

+/- light blue

+/- green (light or dark)

+/- black

Probably not copper.  I'd like to see all combos applied to J note, mountains, and even red rock.

In a way, most of their palettes overlapped slightly, with varying degrees of divergence from original Mardi Gras:

Purple/black/navy

Gold/copper/yellow

Kelly Green/teal/Light blue/ forest green

Red rock is harder to tie in, but gradient of black to red to yellow could somewhat translate to black to purple to yellow.

A mess, but easier to incorporate than Cavs orange

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Let's not encourage them to add any more colors.

But, with that said I could totally see the Jazz add a lighter almost neon-ish purple to the yellow, black and white mix.

• LOL 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

it’s pretty ridiculous how they didn’t even bother to add any new elements to the jerseys. couldn’t throw a mountain on the shorts or something? some stripes on the side? not even one line going down the side to show that they at least attempted a new design and not just change the font and colors of their last set?? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Let's not encourage them to add any more colors.

But, with that said I could totally see the Jazz add a lighter almost neon-ish purple to the yellow, black and white mix.

Have they used magenta yet?  What about silver or gray?  Also, were the Miami Vice uniforms considered magenta?  

5 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Have they used magenta yet?  What about silver or gray?  Also, were the Miami Vice uniforms considered magenta?  

Yes, silver was a trim color on the double-blues, mostly used as outlines for the word marks and numbers on the road and alternate:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I’ve never seen a team ashamed of the rebrand it’s releasing. If this was 25 years ago they probably would have been scrapped at the last minute and become a collectors item. At least when the Suns figured out they were making a mistake ditching purple they managed to make the away jerseys purple.

Kind of emblematic that the face of the rebrand is a bench player and not either of the franchise cornerstones because they’re not even sure if they’ll ever wear these.

• Like 6
07Giants.pngnyy.png

Honestly I’d hate it less if they didn’t try and hide behind the throwbacks and owned up to their look. Like a campaign of “we’re wearing yellow and black the next three years, deal with it”, rather than “purple forever”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krz said:

Honestly I’d hate it less if they didn’t try and hide behind the throwbacks and owned up to their look. Like a campaign of “we’re wearing yellow and black the next three years, deal with it”, rather than “purple forever”.

Or the honest - we realized you want purple, so we're working on phasing it jn

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JuicedSportsNow said:

From the article: "At first, Smith wanted the team to rebrand to simply black and white, but the league office and Nike refused that, seeing as the San Antonio Spurs and Brooklyn Nets already own that color scheme. Their compromise was this: the Jazz could go to black and white if they added a third primary color. So instead of choosing any one of the colors the team had already worn, he picked a new one: a unique highlighter yellow."

Jazz didn't even want yellow. But they had to pick something. Did they go to the 2014 Nike Store when they did it?

Of :censored:ing course the tech bro wanted plain white and black, liked Brooklyn’s brand, and chose highlighter yellow when they told him to pick a real color.

Theres also too much purple in the NBA for the Jazz to claim it as their own distinctive feature without a secondary color like those remix jerseys show. 

• Like 4
07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 minute ago, UnclearInitial said:

Of :censored:ing course the tech bro wanted plain white and black, liked Brooklyn’s brand, and chose highlighter yellow when they told him to pick a real color.

Theres also too much purple in the NBA for the Jazz to claim it as their own distinctive feature without a secondary color like those remix jerseys show. 

Yeah...about that: in the late '90s/early 2000s there really was a lot of purple in the NBA: the Lakers, Jazz, Suns, Kings, Hornets (albeit not primarily), and until the Michael Redd days, the Bucks. Six squads of purple.

I always found that interesting, especially considering how lacking the color was/is in the other three big major pro leagues: the NFL has two, MLB one (unless Arizona is still doing the expansion-era alts; I haven't been paying attention), and unless I'm missing one, the NHL now has exactly zero...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Watch the black/yellow set get dropped in 2 or 3 years. They seem to already be marketing their next redesign.

Guaranteed...the clock is already running.  Without actually saying it, they already know they screwed up big time.

• Like 4