2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Which begs the question of why even make the yellow a thing if you know people will hate it?

Seriously, it's not like too many people were desiring the Jazz to massively overhaul their look anyways, the least they could have done is make the new brand feel like a natural evolution instead of being the most nothing brand possible.

That's the thing, they thought the fans would love it. But then it leaked and everyone despised it and they scrambled to bring purple stuff back to play damage control.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They somehow thought fans would love it. It's like they took the "dark mode" thing to the extreme.

It's my understanding, or assumption, that initially the dark mode jerseys were also going to be used again and the purple mountain ones are now being used in their place. Causing the confusion of are they considered throwbacks or city editions 

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

One of the Salt Lake Tribune’s beat writers spoke on a local show recently about how he was hearing the Jazz were trying to get permission to wear the purple throwbacks in as many games as possible, and wear the yellow jerseys specifically in as few games as possible.

If (big IF) that’s true, the throwbacks may not be “THE primary” per se but it’s certainly going to be treated much more than an alternate. It would check out too with how much the Jazz are pushing purple over everything else.

With how loose the NBA is with their rules I could see this being the case. It already seems like some teams (Jazz, Suns, Heat ect.) already wear theirs alts and city uniforms as much as their primaries

8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Where was the design team that designed the two red rock jerseys, anyway? They could’ve made something way better than this.

Probably getting stifled by more important people in the organization who think they know design and the pulse of the fanbase?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Worst case scenario is the Jazz winning a title with these before they can get rid of them and opting not to trash them because “good luck” or whatever horrendous superstitious excuse they’d use

"We can't get rid of them! We won  championships in them!" Works for the heat 🤷

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Heat have good design. You may think it’s stale, but you’re also the person who loved the bone jerseys, so….

But anyways, Utah isn’t even acceptable.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Worst case scenario is the Jazz winning a title with these before they can get rid of them and opting not to trash them because “good luck” or whatever horrendous superstitious excuse they’d use

Thankfully (or not depends if you cheers them or not) Jazz for 99% are going to deep rebuild mode so probably we would never know the answer for that question.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4r2eer.png

20 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Thankfully (or not depends if you cheers them or not) Jazz for 99% are going to deep rebuild mode so probably we would never know the answer for that question.

Did you tell Danny Ainge that they're rebuilding?? 🤣

So far they haven't done anything that would suggest them having much of a different roster come tipoff 

• LOL 4

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Well, the Heat's identity is very solid and one of the best designed in the league apart from having a winning and long-standing history.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

I'm now rooting for KD to force a trade to the Jazz, publicly state he picked Utah because of the new uniforms, bring an all-star buddy or two, and win a ring immediately. I'd pay to see them figure out what happens after that, brand-wise and uniform-wise.

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

"Love" is kind of a strong word. I didn't hate them like so many others did.

Who hates the Heat's identity? Yeah, it's been around for over 20 years now, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Actually a pretty good one that has stood the test of time very well.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The only people I really see wanting a change to the Heat is just people who want them to do the Vice gimmick full-time. Other than that, I've pretty much never seen anybody really complaining about them.

I'd even argue that if (IF. Big IF) they were to alter their identity and change up the colors, the Floridians color scheme would work way better than the Vice colors.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

48 minutes ago, McCall said:

I'd even argue that if (IF. Big IF) they were to alter their identity and change up the colors, the Floridians color scheme would work way better than the Vice colors.

Vice has always struck me as a look that works fine as a not overly-used alternate, but would get old very quickly if it was the day-to-day set.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Who hates the Heat's identity? Yeah, it's been around for over 20 years now, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Actually a pretty good one that has stood the test of time very well.

He was saying I loved the Rams Bone jerseys, which I didn't.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26