2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

6 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Not sure why Utah included the silver-ish grey in their rebrand. It's hard to distinguish when it's used and can be replaced by yellow, black, or white just fine. Seems pretty unnecessary, but that's just a reflection of the rebrand as a whole

Exactly, and it would look much better with black stripes on yellow and yellow on black and white.

It might be a similar kind of "chrome" thing they put on the court, but comes across only as a gimmick that doesn't do much visually on the unis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Exactly, and it would look much better with black stripes on yellow and yellow on black and white.

It might be a similar kind of "chrome" thing they put on the court, but comes across only as a gimmick that doesn't do much visually on the unis.

I think it's not so much silver as it is sublimated on the white/black jerseys. It's as close to the base uniform color as they can get. For the yellow uniform, the stripes are either white or the same slight silver as the white uniform.

It looks like they want to evoke the previous design while going opting for a minimalist look at a distance.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Not sure why Utah included the silver-ish grey in their rebrand. It's hard to distinguish when it's used and can be replaced by yellow, black, or white just fine. Seems pretty unnecessary, but that's just a reflection of the rebrand as a whole

I’m going to guess that the silver-ish grey, or chrome, as it’s presented on the new court was the original plan for a tertiary color. Black, white, and chrome. When the NBA stipulated another color is necessary to distinguish from Brooklyn & San Antonio, the yellow was added where required, but the chrome stuck around in a lesser role. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This jersey looked great in person...pictures don't do it justice. So the colors would work. With that said, copper is needed for Utah. 

Nike Performance NBA LOS ANGELES LAKERS LEBRON JAMES MOMENTS MIXTAPES CITY  EDITION - Top - field purple/purple - Zalando.co.uk

I’ve seen someone wearing a replica of that and can confirm that it’s wonderful. I think photographs convey that pretty well, though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

A silver jersey with yellow numbers could have worked

Silver jerseys don't have the best history of working in the NBA. The Mavs trash bags were downright ugly and the Spurs current ones aren't great either.  They could be done right, but not with the new Jazz colors.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

Silver jerseys don't have the best history of working in the NBA. The Mavs trash bags were downright ugly and the Spurs current ones aren't great either.  They could be done right, but not with the new Jazz colors.

I’ve always though the Spurs silver jersey was underrated. Now, some of you might wish this jersey says “Spurs” but I thing the spur works in a similar capacity to Utah’s J-note. The striping is beautiful.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Take out the purple city edition uniform, and the Utah Jazz now have one of the least inspiring, dreariest looks in all of professional sports.

Kind of astounding that they managed to accomplish that despite using highlighter yellow, tbh.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’ve always though the Spurs silver jersey was underrated. Now, some of you might wish this jersey says “Spurs” but I thing the spur works in a similar capacity to Utah’s J-note. The striping is beautiful.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The more graphical elements they try to take away from the front of the jersey, the more it looks like a wifebeater.

7 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Take out the purple city edition uniform, and the Utah Jazz now have one of the least inspiring, dreariest looks in all of professional sports.

It just says JAZZ across the front in straight-across single-layer black in not-quite-standard athletic block. It's like something from a sketch comedy show where the other team's jersey just says "TEAM" on it.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It looks like the side view is keeping the current angled stripes, just rendered in grey scale.

mws-uj-black-right-600x.webpmws-uj-white-right-00149-600x.webpmws-uj-yellow-right-00149-600x.webp

i would have rather them just not include any side design. it makes it so painfully obvious that all they did was just recolor the old unis in the worst way possible. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

27 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm still confused. I've read some places that the purple mountain jersey is going to be a primary, but other places say it's an alt.

One of the Salt Lake Tribune’s beat writers spoke on a local show recently about how he was hearing the Jazz were trying to get permission to wear the purple throwbacks in as many games as possible, and wear the yellow jerseys specifically in as few games as possible.

If (big IF) that’s true, the throwbacks may not be “THE primary” per se but it’s certainly going to be treated much more than an alternate. It would check out too with how much the Jazz are pushing purple over everything else.

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

One of the Salt Lake Tribune’s beat writers spoke on a local show recently about how he was hearing the Jazz were trying to get permission to wear the purple throwbacks in as many games as possible, and wear the yellow jerseys specifically in as few games as possible.

Which begs the question of why even make the yellow a thing if you know people will hate it?

Seriously, it's not like too many people were desiring the Jazz to massively overhaul their look anyways, the least they could have done is make the new brand feel like a natural evolution instead of being the most nothing brand possible.

5 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They somehow thought fans would love it. It's like they took the "dark mode" thing to the extreme.

Where was the design team that designed the two red rock jerseys, anyway? They could’ve made something way better than this.

• Like 3