2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 6/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Jazz need purple, green, and yellow. Simple as.

I'd argue that the Jazz could even use distinct shades or these three colours and make it work, with even the "Green" heading into more of a Teal/Jade/Turquoise colour and still having everything pop. 

• Like 4

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Nets are the only black/white team in the NBA 

intentionally obtuse alert, the Spurs are for all intents and purposes a black and white team, they wear black jerseys with white details or white jerseys with black details, you knew where I was going and pretended not to

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

intentionally obtuse alert, the Spurs are for all intents and purposes a black and white team, they wear black jerseys with white details or white jerseys with black details, you knew where I was going and pretended not to

Especially since the Nets have been increasingly using grey accents the similarities are even more so

• Like 4

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I suspected there was a Spurs reference there but wasn't 100% sure so just genuinely obtuse but I do not count the Spurs as black and white team because silver is very prominent. There are silver side panels on the black uniform, silver piping on the white uniform, and an entire silver (yes, I know its grey because of the fabric) uniform.

Trail_Blazers_Spurs_Basketball_26702.jpg

1232097931.jpg

I consider this to be fundamentally different from a strictly black and white team like the Nets.

Indeed, the Nets are the only team in the Big Four of North American sports to wear strictly black and white like Juventus or Siena. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Midnight blue.

Ah. I admittedly pay less attention to baseball than any other sport and I remember Jay-Z saying he wanted to make the Nets' brand as iconic as the Yankees so I made an assumption.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'd argue that the Jazz could even use distinct shades or these three colours and make it work, with even the "Green" heading into more of a Teal/Jade/Turquoise colour and still having everything pop. 

Something similar to what the Hornets had in New Orleans would work.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Indeed, the Nets are the only team in the Big Four of North American sports to wear strictly black and white like Juventus or Siena. 

Their 2019-2020 statement uniform, 2020 city uniform, 2016 alts, 2014 alts, determined this to be a lie. They all use grey like the spurs

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dont care said:

Their 2019-2020 statement uniform, 2020 city uniform, 2016 alts, 2014 alts, determined this to be a lie. They all use grey like the spurs

Those are alternates. Their primary home and away (sorry, association and icon 🙄) are just black and white.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 8:22 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Worst case scenario is the Jazz winning a title with these before they can get rid of them and opting not to trash them because “good luck” or whatever horrendous superstitious excuse they’d use

On 6/25/2022 at 9:28 AM, Pyromania1983 said:

I don't think that will be much of a problem lol

People said that about the Rams, yet…

• Like 1

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Those are alternates. Their primary home and away (sorry, association and icon 🙄) are just black and white.

Right, and also they're using grey/charcoal (not really silver) as the base color of an alternate jersey in GFGS fashion and not in any details/piping on the primary home and away uniforms tells you that it's not really the team secondary color like it is for the Spurs.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Right, and also they're using grey/charcoal (not really silver) as the base color of an alternate jersey in GFGS fashion and not in any details/piping on the primary home and away uniforms tells you that it's not really the team secondary color like it is for the Spurs.

Not anymore they're not 😕

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

13 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Could have built a pretty decent brand around SLC's flag

FinalSLCFlag-1024x730.jpg

Nah. I could see MAYBE a City Edition, but even then nobody knows (or cares) what the SLC flag looks like here in Utah. If you're going to build a sports brand or alternate jersey around a city or state flag it should be somewhat iconic or recognizable outside the state. That's why it works for Colorado, Chicago and Arizona (to name a few).

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Midnight blue.

usa_today_16475414.jpg

Always thought it was Navy Blue (unless they changed it--I haven't been keeping up).