2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

7 hours ago, NeauXone said:

Sounds like a good time to plug my concept lol. Pretty much exactly what you're asking for:

image-2023-04-15-122651703.png

image-2023-04-15-122508380.png

I made another concept that was dedicated to trying to utilize the current color scheme but ideally this is what I want us to look like.

YES!  Just what we need with fronts and backs of jerseys having different shades of color too!  Why didn’t Nike think of this a long time ago?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

The Bucks still haven’t fixed their court?? 

As far as I was aware, the team really  wanted a green court done before the playoffs started, giving the contractors a clear timeline. I'm sure that whoever is in charge of these things isn't happy with how this whole situation has worked out.

i know it’s sinful to do in the playoffs but at this point the bucks should just wear their city edition jerseys and maybe split it with their white jerseys. wearing black/green at home on that floor is like the salt on the wound of being stuck with that blue court. i mean they already wore blue in the playoffs before might aswell do it again now that you’re in a situation where it would actually be appropriate to

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I wouldn't call this non-committal at all. It committed even harder to the tree-trim pattern.

spacer.png

It was the change to Rev30 that made them start looking boring.

young-timberwolves.jpg

True, collar change was forced by rev30 template. Font change was unnecessary and removing green was a big blunder.

BTW from 2008 to 2017 Wolves had ugliest court in whole NBA.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4r2eer.png

I forgot all about how they changed the trees from green to grey. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I still think the jerseys should say T-Wolves instead of Wolves since that's their actual nickname. Do people say "Wolves" now? Did they ever? I don't remember it.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I forgot all about how they changed the trees from green to grey. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I still think the jerseys should say T-Wolves instead of Wolves since that's their actual nickname. Do people say "Wolves" now? Did they ever? I don't remember it.

Not a single person from Minnesota likes the "T-Wolves" nickname. I hope they don't

• Like 5

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

I've been a fan of the team since they launched in 1989. I've never referred to them as the T-Wolves. It's Timberwolves or Wolves. 

I've always preferred the shortened name on the jerseys. The thing I hated most about the KG-era uniforms was how small the wordmark was because of the insistence on using the full "Timberwolves" name. 

I know this is an unpopular opinion, and rooted entirely in my childhood nostalgia and the excitement I felt to have the NBA in my home state, but I've always loved the simplicity of the franchise's inaugural uniforms. 

You can call them plain, and I wouldn't argue it. But I see no reason why this couldn't be used as a foundation for modernization. Doing so would likely land us somewhere in between the original unis and the beautiful royal and kelly retro remix uniforms they wore last year. 

Similarly, I'd love to see them take cues from the Twins with the modern-and-simplify route using the original set as the foundation. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

Feel like I've been seeing so many black uniforms recently... 13/16 teams in the playoffs have one!! No black for Philly, Lakers, or Denver.

Bixx8Gn.png

Heat, Hawks, Celtics (black as a tertiary, alternate color since mid-2000s), Nets, Kings, Cavs, and Suns should be the only ones here with black (in some way or another). I guess it's part of the Clippers identity now as well.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

Feel like I've been seeing so many black uniforms recently... 13/16 teams in the playoffs have one!! No black for Philly, Lakers, or Denver.

Bixx8Gn.png

Timberwolves is very much gray. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:25 PM, tscuzzy said:

Bixx8Gn.png

It’s pretty bothersome when you realize a good 7 or so of those teams shouldn’t be wearing black at all, in any capacity, let alone in the playoffs.

Black makes sense for Miami and Brooklyn. I’m also okay with Atlanta, Sacramento, and Phoenix wearing it sparingly in the playoffs due to some historical precedence, though with Phoenix especially my preference would be purple.

Memphis, Milwaukee, Boston, Golden State, Cleveland, New York, and LA Clippers are showing up to the wrong party here. They shouldn’t be in black whatsoever.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 4/19/2023 at 9:25 PM, tscuzzy said:

Bixx8Gn.png

I get why people are complaining about BFBS, and my first impulse is to complain too... but in all honesty, most of these uniforms look decent-to-good. The Wolves, Nets, Warriors and Cavs are the worst looks there in my opinion - but the Wolves' uniform is dark grey, not black, and black is one of the Nets' team colors, so that's not BFBS either.

On a totally unrelated note, seeing all these uniforms side by side made me notice the wide variance in sizes for the front numbers. I don't get why the Hawks' front numbers are so tiny compared to the Celtics, Knicks, Suns, and Clippers when they all have the same general layout (arched wordmark and centered numbers).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12