2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't consider the Heat at all in this discussion because of how, throughout their history, they've placed most of the emphasis on black. In fact, until now, I'd never even considered that they might share similar colors to the Rockets and Hawks.

Well, and the Heat's red color is noticeably darker than the Hawks and Rockets' red.

Dwyane_Wade.jpg 

• Like 4

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I’ve always thought the Rockets should roll with red and white. No black, no silver/gray, just red and white. Probably an unpopular opinion but I think these:

spacer.png

without the black drop shadow and modern tailoring would be really sharp. I love the shorts.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I’ve always thought the Rockets should roll with red and white. No black, no silver/gray, just red and white. Probably an unpopular opinion but I think these:

spacer.png

without the black drop shadow and modern tailoring would be really sharp. I love the shorts.

Shorts would probably have worked with a jersey that didn’t have as much going on. Bigger wordmark was definitely needed. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Shorts would probably have worked with a jersey that didn’t have as much going on. Bigger wordmark was definitely needed. 

Yeah if the shoulder loops were erased we could have a bigger wordmark. Maybe keep the double “loop” look going just on the armhole trim. I think there’s something there anyway.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Indigo said:

usa_today_18057746.jpgf4qo23i.jpg

i actually dig the red and grey look here. but then again i just desperately want the rockets to look different. if i saw the design of the red and black unis for the first time without the wordmark and logo i’d literally have no clue whose unis those would be. nothing about those unis feel houston-y or rocket-y. i mean i guess the shorts sort of resemble a rocket taking off. but i mean cmon now lol. 

i wonder how they’d look if they went for a metallic silver i think the use of metallic silver would look better than dull grey. and no i’m not counting the old yao ming days when the entire jersey itself was shiny

4-A3-C8635-71-B1-4127-910-E-7-F0-A3162-F

(gonna borrow your edit here)

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

i actually dig the red and grey look here. but then again i just desperately want the rockets to look different. if i saw the design of the red and black unis for the first time without the wordmark and logo i’d literally have no clue whose unis those would be. nothing about those unis feel houston-y or rocket-y. i mean i guess the shorts sort of resemble a rocket taking off. but i mean cmon now lol. 

i wonder how they’d look if they went for a metallic silver i think the use of metallic silver would look better than dull grey. and no i’m not counting the old yao ming days when the entire jersey itself was shiny

4-A3-C8635-71-B1-4127-910-E-7-F0-A3162-F

(gonna borrow your edit here)

The 2003 uniforms had a shiny fabric and it's what made the silver work. Nike can still do it too as evidenced by the Celtics and Lakers 1940's throwbacks from the last few years but they won't do it with regular uniforms for some stupid reason. The shiny fabric was great for teams like the Rockets and Nuggets.

houston-rockets-forward-ron-artest-c-los

• Like 5
  • Love 2

bSLCtu2.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

it’s insane to me. The Nuggets had some of the best uniforms in the league, and their current set is absolutely the worst in the league to me. Like I honestly hate watching them play with just how their jerseys and court look. It’s so awful. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Lockervision has officially been updated to reflect the second round matchups that are already set up at this point.

What we’re getting

Boston in black vs Philly in red for Game 1 and 3

Boston in green vs Philly in white for Game 2

Philly in blue vs Boston in white for Game 4

Nuggets in blue vs. Suns in white for Game 2

Suns in black vs. Nuggets in white for 3 & 4

Knicks in white at home, Heat in Red for Game 1, Black for Game 2. 

Heat in white at home, Knicks in unnecessary blues Game 3, black in Game 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I like the Nuggets’ current look, but it pales in comparison to their rainbow alternates which would be a top 5 identity in the league if adopted. 

Although the original rainbows clear this, and are literally my favorite uniforms of all time. 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

The thin lines make them look pastel from a distance, and a rainbow motif is already going to seem soft to a lot of people. The stripes need to be bolder. I agree that that should be their set. The primary colors set does nothing for me.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the nuggets current unis look pretty normal to me. a little bit too normal… there’s nothing wrong with them at all. but they definitely don’t stick out like how their old uniforms used to. i really do miss that baby blue. i wonder how’d they look if they just took this design but recolor it to their old colors. design wise it’s a really solid uniform. but color wise i think they’re one of the more forgettable looks as of right now…

5.jpg

i also just wanna say how it’s absolutely criminal how nike has never made a baby blue jersey for them…

• Love 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:36 PM, Old School Fool said:

The 2003 uniforms had a shiny fabric and it's what made the silver work. Nike can still do it too as evidenced by the Celtics and Lakers 1940's throwbacks from the last few years but they won't do it with regular uniforms for some stupid reason. The shiny fabric was great for teams like the Rockets and Nuggets.

houston-rockets-forward-ron-artest-c-los

Man did I get into the NBA too late! 😕💙💛

• Like 2

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

On 2023-04-29 at 10:23 PM, Germanshepherd said:

What we’re getting

Boston in black vs Philly in red for Game 1 and 3

Boston in green vs Philly in white for Game 2

Philly in blue vs Boston in white for Game 4

Nuggets in blue vs. Suns in white for Game 2

Suns in black vs. Nuggets in white for 3 & 4

Knicks in white at home, Heat in Red for Game 1, Black for Game 2. 

Heat in white at home, Knicks in unnecessary blues Game 3, black in Game 4

I kind of thought that a Sixers/Celtics matchup might be blissfully retro, but I forgot that the Sixers still try to be a blue and red team at the same time and the Celtics keep trying to opt out of their home jerseys of 60 years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

the nuggets current unis look pretty normal to me. a little bit too normal… there’s nothing wrong with them at all. but they definitely don’t stick out like how their old uniforms used to. i really do miss that baby blue. i wonder how’d they look if they just took this design but recolor it to their old colors. design wise it’s a really solid uniform. but color wise i think they’re one of the more forgettable looks as of right now…

5.jpg

i also just wanna say how it’s absolutely criminal how nike has never made a baby blue jersey for them…

They just went from

such a fun, exciting color scheme to something so drab and boring. Along with their overly simple court.

And their alternate having “Mile High City” as the word mark and doesn’t even match the rest of the set puts it over the top for me as the worst. 

• Like 3

The Nuggets were one of the worst Death By Tweaking cases. I don't even remember what they were doing by the late 2010s. 

I guess fundamentally, they are a blue and gold team and always have been in one way or another. I think they have to have some form of yellow/gold in there if they're going to be called the Nuggets. However, I really think rainbow on black is quite striking for them, and doesn't have the problem of an actual color scheme conflicting with the rainbow. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫