MLB Regular Season 22: The Thread

Gary

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

Remember when the Yankees had a 15 game lead in the division and were a near unanimous lock to win it?  

.....Now that's down to a 4 game lead over the Rays. 😂

Either it is injuries or they peaked too early. But dang they have really stunk it up since I flew to the Caribbean in August. Someone should have reminded the Yankees about this quote:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Remember when the Yankees had a 15 game lead in the division and were a near unanimous lock to win it?  

.....Now that's down to a 4 game lead over the Rays. 😂

Oh that is beautiful to hear. Astros one seed boys!

xFUdNmt.png

The Mariners have the second-best record in MLB since June 19 (43-19), and only gained 3.5 games on the Astros in that time.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Mariners have the second-best record in MLB since June 19 (43-19), and only gained 3.5 games on the Astros in that time.

At least you'll get a wild card for the first time since I was 5 months old

• Hate 1

xFUdNmt.png

No Mariners fan should count on a wild card until the team is playing in October.

I've been around this block before.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Unfortunately no matter how well you play, there's little you can do when you're up against a team that cheats. 

• Applause 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Either it is injuries or they peaked too early. But dang they have really stunk it up since I flew to the Caribbean in August. Someone should have reminded the Yankees about this quote:

spacer.png

It's all your fault...you just HAD to pretend to be Captain Jack last month, didn't you? 🏴‍☠️😜🤣

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this Yankee team is gonna finish with about the record I thought they’d have at the start of the year, they just took a really weird path to get there. 

Just gotta make the playoffs now and hope you find whatever that first half team had stashed away somewhere. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 9/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, DoctorWhom said:

Unfortunately no matter how well you play, there's little you can do when you're up against a team that cheats. 

Puh-lease, get over it. The Red Sox cheated to need I remind you (yet no one gave a sh!t). And we've proven we can win without it, just see last year (minus the World Series). 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

xFUdNmt.png

12 hours ago, Kooky01 said:

Puh-lease, get over it. The Red Sox cheated to need I remind you (yet no one gave a sh!t). And we've proven we can win without it, just see last year (minus the World Series). 

Naive to think anyone wasn’t cheating, the Astros just maybe partied a little too hard on that front. 

Baseball‘s widespread cheating era was better than the modern Excelball, anyway. Bring back PEDs, ban data modeling.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Naive to think anyone wasn’t cheating, the Astros just maybe partied a little too hard on that front. 

Baseball‘s widespread cheating era was better than the modern Excelball, anyway. Bring back PEDs, ban data modeling.

Did the Red Sox cheat? Yes. Did 90% of baseball do the same thing? Yes. Did the Astros take it a step further? Yes.

However, the "we can with without, just look at the year we didnt win the World Series" is an odd take.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

5 hours ago, speedy said:

Did the Red Sox cheat? Yes. Did 90% of baseball do the same thing? Yes. Did the Astros take it a step further? Yes.

However, the "we can with without, just look at the year we didnt win the World Series" is an odd take.

I admit we did cheat in 2017. But you guys are overreacting. It's not like we hit home runs on every pitch just because we knew what was coming.  And oh yeah, the Steelers cheated in Super Bowl 40, and yet I see no one put an asterisk on that title. Same with the Patriots with Deflategate, but no one has an asterisk next to their ring either. Are people putting asterisks on the 1919 White Sox world series appearance or the Red 1919 World Series win? Of course not!

• Dislike 1

xFUdNmt.png

10 minutes ago, Kooky01 said:

I admit we did cheat in 2017. But you guys are overreacting. It's not like we hit home runs on every pitch just because we knew what was coming.  And oh yeah, the Steelers cheated in Super Bowl 40, and yet I see no one put an asterisk on that title. Same with the Patriots with Deflategate, but no one has an asterisk next to their ring either. 

I'm not sure anyone here is overreacting. It seems that you're the only one bothered about it.

There's no asterisk for 2017, either. This isn't the NCAA, they aren't going to take a World Series away. Astros players on that team will continue to pay the public price for what happened, and that's that. Guys like Beltran, Cora, and probably unfairly Hinch will always have that blemish.  Do I even actually care that the Astros stole signs in 2017? Not one iota. 

However.... The outcome of a play doesn't correlate to the seriousness of the level of cheating - in any sport. Just because there wasn't a home run or RBI on every pitch does not make it a lesser infraction. Baseball is an incredibly hard sport, even when you know what's coming you still aren't going to square up on it more often than not.  It's still a very clear advantage, though.

• Like 5