2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

“White out game” leads me to believe the white uniforms will normally be work with burgundy or black pants, which yuck: but I’d say yuck to white too. This is how I feel about a stupid uncohesive design 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

53 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

“White out game” leads me to believe the white uniforms will normally be work with burgundy or black pants, which yuck: but I’d say yuck to white too. This is how I feel about a stupid uncohesive design 

I don't think that is the case, unfortunately. The team has yet to post any image or clip of a player in the white jersey with anything with but white pants.

My guess for WAH games

- CIN in all white against PIT in week 1.

- BAL in white tops and purples pants, MIA in aqua tops and white pants in week 2.

- BUF in white throwback for a game in November or October.

- LAC in all white against LV for week 1, white tops with yellow pants and JAX in teal tops with black pants for week 3.

- HOU all white against IND in week 1.

- CHI white throwback jersey and navy pants for a December game (the Bears have worn the current throwbacks for a game in December). Hard to say if they'll wear them for an additional game.

- CAR in white uniform against CLE, NO, and ARZ.

- NO in white CR against MIN.

- LAR in white tops with yellow pants against ATL and DAL.

WAH games that are tough to call

ATL

MIA

JAX

TB

NYJ

TEN

The Falcons wore white for the opener last year against the Eagles, but did in week 9 against the Broncos in 2020. Dolphins and Buccaneers wore white at home longer than the seasons prior. Do the Jaguars wear their white tops with teal pants against the Texans on Oct. 9, or do they start going to teal tops? The Jets wore white at home twice last year and extended it to the Titans game. Was last year an anomaly? Likewise, the Titans normally do WAH for 2 home games. They didn't do it against the Colts in week 3 last year. What will Tennessee do in the week 3 game this year against the Raiders? The Raiders like to wear the silver numbered alternate against the Chargers at Sofi Stadium, they won't get to do that this year. Will the Raiders return the favor against the Chargers for their second meeting in Las Vegas?

The Giants wore their regular white jersey for their game against the Rams last year. Was that just a one time thing? The Colts did WAH in the 2019  regular season against the Titans. Was that a one time thing?  Was the Packers WAH game against the Lions in 2019 an anomaly?

• Like 1

Didn't want to quote the whole thing, but here are some of my thoughts regarding WAH predictions, sort of going off of the above post:

I think the Jets will do it Week 1 vs. Baltimore since they did for their home openers each of the past two seasons. Could do it again Week 3 vs. CIN, in October, or not a second time at all.

Bears also wore throwback white in October last season vs. Green Bay. Could happen any week really.

Hopeful that Carolina wears blue or black for that Week 4 late afternoon game.

Saints wore Color Rush at home three times last season. I would expect it at least once in the Superdome, not just for the London game.

I think the Rams definitely wear white over yellow for the season opener rather than Week 2 vs. Atlanta. They could also appear against Dallas, but I think it's possible they save them for later in the season for another home game.

Bucs realistically might only wear it in Week 3 and Week 5 based on their allotment of late kickoffs.

Jags will likely only do it for Week 2. They come back home in Week 5, which is when teal started in 2021.

Titans is interesting with that late afternoon Week 1 kickoff. I think we could see light blue there or in Week 3 vs. Vegas.

Miami will hopefully start to wear aqua in Week 10 or 12 vs. CLE/HOU.

Atlanta is anyone's guess. Would love to see it in Week 1 because it would likely mean Saints in black over gold.

My Tampa predictions. I think we'll see less white/pewter at home now that they finally lost a playoff game.

1- at DAL: white/pewter (SNF)

2- at NO: red/pewter (Saints love wearing all white at home against us)

3- vs GB: white/pewter

4- vs KC: red/pewter (SNF)

5- vs ATL: white/white

6- at PIT: white/pewter

7- at CAR: white/pewter

8- vs BAL: red/white (TNF)

9- vs LAR: red/pewter

10- vs SEA: all pewter barf (Germany)

12- at CLE: white/pewter

13- vs NO: my gut tells me red/pewter but they lose every year to the saints in that combo so maybe they bust out white/pewter or white/white to break the stupid "curse," I don't know (MNF)

14- at SF: white/pewter

15- vs CIN: red/white

16- at ARI: white/pewter (SNF)

17- vs CAR: red/pewter

18- at ATL: white/pewter

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

3 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

My Tampa predictions. I think we'll see less white/pewter at home now that they finally lost a playoff game.

1- at DAL: white/pewter (SNF)

Is this a typo? I agree with a lot of your other predictions, although I could definitely see one of the Saints games being a pewter game.

23 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Is this a typo? I agree with a lot of your other predictions, although I could definitely see one of the Saints games being a pewter game.

Yup, even though I clearly typed "at Dallas" I have no idea why I put that. This should almost certainly be a red/pewter game. Oops.

ClAFLDa.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some predictions for Cincinnati this year

Wk 1 vs Pittsburgh - White jersey/White pants

Wk2 @ Dallas - Black jersey/White pants

Wk 4 vs Miami (TNF) - Orange jersey/white pants. Bengals typically wear orange for one of the October home games. I considered the Atlanta game in Wk7 but I'll go with Wk4 since it's a primetime game.

Wk 13 vs KC - Orange jersey/black pants

Wk 17 vs Buffalo (MNF) - Orange jersey/black pants

Wk 18 vs Baltimore - Black jersey/black pants. This seems to be the combo for every home game vs Baltimore, I don't see it changing this year.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, nlane33 said:

Wk 4 vs Miami (TNF) - Orange jersey/white pants. Bengals typically wear orange for one of the October home games. I considered the Atlanta game in Wk7 but I'll go with Wk4 since it's a primetime game.

Wk 13 vs KC - Orange jersey/black pants

Wk 17 vs Buffalo (MNF) - Orange jersey/black pants

You may have nailed all three orange jersey games. I just hope it’s against some other teams. We’ve already seen the orange against all of those teams in recent seasons. (MIA 2018), (KC 2015,2021), BUF (2017). They wore orange against Carolina in 2014 too, so I guess there isn’t much left besides ATL and BAL on their schedule in terms of new possibilities. And as you said, they always wear black against the Ravens for some reason.

• Like 1

HOF game been up a while and we are in July and about a month out from the entire preseason starting so lets get things really going.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)
Titans @ Ravens
8G71jb3.jpg4MEv9Sl.jpg

Browns @ Jaguars
ZjzyDbI.jpgVRLKLpG.jpg

Jets @ Eagles
67hyjcO.jpg

TWCCDxF.jpg

Chiefs @ Bears
PmHBUXg.jpg

uW7aO3E.jpg

Colts @ Bills
u4Qyqt4.jpguNwHTwm.jpg

Seahawks @ Steelers
ywipGL8.jpg

N2ssslT.jpg

Dolphins @ Buccaneers
xaBoEcu.jpgFL9aQuc.jpg

Saints @ Texans
ka080vE.jpg

gWLwSpA.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, Cujo said:

Still needs to be #71

I'm torn. They didn't move, but they did change their name.

If Washington is 22, I agree that New England ought to be 71.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm torn. They didn't move, but they did change their name.

If Washington is 22, I agree that New England ought to be 71.

He's got the Cardinals as 94, the year they renamed from Phoenix to Arizona and no move occurred then. Using that format, The Patriots would be #71.

Also, the Browns should be #99.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2
  • Hate 1

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

He's got the Cardinals as 94, the year they renamed from Phoenix to Arizona and no move occurred then. Using that format, The Patriots would be #71.

Also, the Browns should be #99.

Well, the Browns are the NFL's story, so I get that one. If the Cardinals were 88, then it would make sense for the Patriots to be 60.

Yup - 71.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, Moseph said:

Per twitter, Washington will be in all black week 9 vs the Vikings and all white week 18 vs Dallas

Damn!!

I'm quite certain that due to my Team the Vikings never will go WAH and many of their road games are vs. teams that will, I am in for a very high overdose of purple this season!!🤢

Regular Season
WK DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
1 Sun, Sep 11 1:25 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $143 
2 Mon, Sep 19 5:30 PM

espn-abc@2x.png
Tickets as low as $115 
3 Sun, Sep 25 10:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $49 
4 Sun, Oct 2 6:30 AM
NFL NET
Tickets as low as $145 
5 Sun, Oct 9 10:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $60 
6 Sun, Oct 16 10:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $41 
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 30 10:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $44 
9 Sun, Nov 6 11:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $34 
10 Sun, Nov 13 11:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $51 
11 Sun, Nov 20
vsDallasDallas
2:25 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $83 
12 Thu, Nov 24 6:20 PM
NBC
Tickets as low as $65 
13 Sun, Dec 4 11:00 AM
CBS
Tickets as low as $48 
14 Sun, Dec 11 11:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $40 
15 Sun, Dec 18 TBD   Tickets as low as $54 
16 Sat, Dec 24 11:00 AM
FOX
Tickets as low as $48 
17 Sun, Jan 1 2:25 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $126 
18 Sun, Jan 8 TBD

As fan most for their P/W/P combo (Socks need a redo!), I only forsee White Jerseys Vikings in Weeks 9 @ WASH, 14 @ Det, 17 @ GB, & maybe 18 @ CHI.   

As OCD as I am about football team "looks", this is not good for my eyes.  I even want their accessories (arm sleeves, gloves, tape, etc..) to contrast as much as possible.  Typically, the Vikings' players in purple jerseys even wear all dark (Purple or Black!) in that area which blends in and adds no "Pop". 

White or Yellow accessories look great when added into their purple or now this season rare white over purple looks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AVGuy said:

As fan most for their P/W/P combo (Socks need a redo!), I only forsee White Jerseys Vikings in Weeks 9 @ WASH, 14 @ Det, 17 @ GB, & maybe 18 @ CHI.   

At Philly Week 2 will be a white game. I think Week 10 could be a throwback game for Buffalo, but they could also wear blue. They wore white vs. Minnesota last meeting in 2014, so hopefully it's blue.