2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

My only complaint with the GUD is that it uses 11 for every jersey, which doesn't give you any sense of the actual font that the team wore.  Given that number styles are so important on NFL jerseys, that can be a bit of a drag.

I think 32 (or 23) is a pretty good number to give a good representation of a team's font.  Even among block fonts, there's a lot of variation in the 2s (horizontal bar, diagonal, serif, etc) while the 3 is usually pretty representative of the rest of the numbers.  7s also have a lot of variances, but I think 32 is the best number to use to show what a team wore.

That being said, I for a thread like this, I couldn't care less what numbers are used, as long as they're drawn accurately.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

That being said, I for a thread like this, I couldn't care less what numbers are used, as long as they're drawn accurately.

On that note, some of these look a little off. The Ravens' 9 and 6 come to a point, not a blunt stop like the ones used here. Also some others (Patriots of the top of my head), just look a little disproportional. It's like they're 90% right but theres the slightest little thing that looks off. I know Canzman switched templates, but on the old/flat template it looked like the numbers straight from style guide.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

13 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

On that note, some of these look a little off. The Ravens' 9 and 6 come to a point, not a blunt stop like the ones used here. Also some others (Patriots of the top of my head), just look a little disproportional. It's like they're 90% right but theres the slightest little thing that looks off. I know Canzman switched templates, but on the old/flat template it looked like the numbers straight from style guide.

Canzman's 9 looks exactly like Justin Tucker's. The 9 and 6 don't come to a point in real life.

4MEv9Sl.jpg

Who are the top 5 highest paid NFL kickers? Find out who makes the most

Listen: Ravens radio call of Justin Tucker's 66-yard FG is incredible

3 sneaky potential X-factors for the Ravens in 2022 - Baltimore Beatdown

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Ooh, we got the updates! (peer pressure ftw)

rizxvgR.jpg

DUmqSZM.jpg

waf9n7V.jpg

Still waiting on 46 Ravens and 99 Browns tho

If it's the same franchise, why does it matter what year they moved? The orgin date for these teams don't start in their new city, @Cujo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If it's the same franchise, why does it matter what year they moved? The orgin date for these teams don't start in their new city, @Cujo

They changed from Boston Patriots to New England Patriots, and St Louis, and San Diego to LA. It all corresponds to name changes

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

They changed from Boston Patriots to New England Patriots, and St Louis, and San Diego to LA. It all corresponds to name changes

But it's the same franchise. The name doesn't change the founding date. If they changed locations, team name and branding, and explicity stated that they were different from the previous franchise (like BAL in '96), then you should change the year founded.

Going by @Cujo's logic, Justin Herbert plays for the team that started in 2017, and LaDanian Tomlinson played for the team that started in 1961* until 2016. 

*(the move from LA to SD)

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:
2 hours ago, dont care said:

But it's the same franchise. The name doesn't change the founding date. If they changed locations, team name and branding, and explicity stated that they were different from the previous franchise (like BAL in '96), then you should change the year founded.

Again. We're just going by Canzman's original format -- Jersey number correlates with the year a team last changed their city or nickname.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

17 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Again. We're just going by Canzman's original format -- Jersey number correlates with the year a team last changed their city or nickname.

The Browns never changed name or city... hence they are 46. The Ravens never changed name or city hence they are 96. Also isn't exactly changing of City it is changing location name. The Cowboys changed stadium location from Dallas to  Irving to Arlington. Lions moved from Detroit to Pontiac back to Detroit. 49ers went from San Francisco to Bayview Heights to Santa Clara. Giants and Jets moved out of New York altogether for Jersey, but none of those teams made any name changes in said moves.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, Cujo said:

rizxvgR.jpg

I'm so glad silver pants are back, instantly upgrades this set from a C+ to an A-. I'm not super fond of the red/navy/red striping on the pants, but I'm not gonna complain about moving away from monochrome. I would love to see both the jersey and pants use a slightly thinner double stipe, red/silver on the jersey and red/blue on the pants. It'd be a nice middle ground between classic and modern whilst alluding to the 1995 flying Elvis shoulders set. That would push this set to one of the best of the league for me. As is, with the silver pants returning, it's still a good looking uniform, but just not quite as good as they could be.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Canzman's 9 looks exactly like Justin Tucker's. The 9 and 6 don't come to a point in real life.

4MEv9Sl.jpg

Sorry didn't mean to a literal point, but yes that graphic looks a lot better than the one I was originally looking at

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.