MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

41 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I bet the majority is going to hate these for being "too bright" and "hurting their eyes". 🙄

I mean…

GkJbfPB.jpg
This is pretty much the definition to me of an “eyesore.”

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

On 4/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, M59 said:

The Orioles have worn the orange jerseys once this year. It's a Saturday only jersey. The only real outlier on the schedule is last Saturday, when they didn't wear them at home. Otherwise, it's been a fairly standard run (I think Boston asks that the Orioles not wear orange when the Red Sox wear red, and 04-15 was JRD).

04-01-23: Orioles in black / Boston in red (R)

04-08-23: Orioles in orange / New York in gray (H)

04-15-13: Orioles in gray / Chicago in white (R) Jackie Robinson Day

04-22-13: Orioles in white / Detroit in gray (H)

This has been going on since 2021, it seems, but the O's either relaxed their steadfastness to that and black on Fridays OR the teams they play against force their hand even more, especially when they are on the road. The Rangers' baby blue alternates last year forced them to wear orange on a Sunday and black the day before.

I just don't know how many more uniform schedules it clashes since most, if not all the other teams (besides the Yanks) in the league wear what they want whenever they want.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

The pattern on the inside of the letters is actually really nice, and has lots of potential to enhance the uniform (if employed tastefully). I wouldn't bank on getting a jersey with PGH on the front, but I will be a bit disappointed if that is what we get. I'm undecided on the font, but leaning a bit towards the positive side. My expectations are high, but I am prepared to be let down as well.

Not sure which way they go with pants though. It's completely believable that they could go with any combination of a black or yellow top with black or yellow pants. It seems like a lay-up to make that decision though, so Nike will probably make some mind boggling decision for the pants. I wouldn't put it past them to make a yellow jersey and pair it with "Steel Grey" pants, with rivets acting as a stripe down the side of the leg.

Strange coincidence that the latest two City Connect jersey are very "retro"

Even stranger is that these jerseys are available with retired and even dead player name on them!

https://www.mlbshop.com/seattle-mariners/mens-seattle-mariners-ken-griffey-jr-nike-royal-2023-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey/t-92014484+p-597586595907+z-8-830427271

-

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/atlanta-braves/hank-aaron-atlanta-braves-nike-2023-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey-white/o-1265+t-81884105+p-26864204594+z-9-335454544?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3&sku=17809459

Now why the hell would you spend $500 on a 2023 jersey that these players never wore or will  ever wear in a game??

-

Hank Aaron is dead for Gods sake!

Why would you wear a  current jersey with his name,  go to Michell and Ness instead and buy the real throwback jersey, that's "only" $300!

Talk about jersey foul! This is common sense foul!

Can't believe Nike actually made them ....  + people are stupid enough to buy them. 

-

End of rant.

-

spacer.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Even stranger is that these jerseys are available with retired and even dead player name on them!

https://www.mlbshop.com/seattle-mariners/mens-seattle-mariners-ken-griffey-jr-nike-royal-2023-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey/t-92014484+p-597586595907+z-8-830427271

-

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/atlanta-braves/hank-aaron-atlanta-braves-nike-2023-city-connect-authentic-player-jersey-white/o-1265+t-81884105+p-26864204594+z-9-335454544?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3&sku=17809459

Now why the hell would you spend $500 on a 2023 jersey that these players never wore or will  ever wear in a game??

-

Why would you wear a  current jersey with his name,  go to Michell and Ness instead and buy the real throwback jersey, that's "only" $300!

Can't believe Nike actually made them ....  + people are stupid enough to buy them. 

-

End of rant.

-

spacer.png

The Braves City Connect is a tribute to Hank Aaron so it does make sense why that would exist.

It's the same reason the Lakers had the Black Mamba jerseys with Kobe's dual numbers on it because it was a jersey designed by him and at this point is a tribute.

NINTCHDBPICT000602729215.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Pirates City Connect leak?

Clemente?

So Nike are going retro instead of City Connect for the 3 time in a row?

Coming to think of it, all 3 CC jerseys released here in 2023 are retro apparently,  a new trend?

.... please don't let this be the case for the rest of the CC uniforms!!

5 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Braves City Connect is a tribute to Hank Aaron so it does make sense why that would exist.

It's the same reason the Lakers had the Black Mamba jerseys with Kobe's dual numbers on it because it was a jersey designed by him and at this point is a tribute.

NINTCHDBPICT000602729215.png

Maybe...... but i feel more it's Nike that is mad about Michell and Ness making a few bucks of dead/retired players, and they swoop in like vultures trying to get some action too. 

4 hours ago, adsarebad said:

-

-

-

End of rant.

-

spacer.png

3 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Maybe...... but i feel more it's Nike that is mad about Michell and Ness making a few bucks of dead/retired players, and they swoop in like vultures trying to get some action too. 

You are PTW-ing big time.🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I mean…

GkJbfPB.jpg
This is pretty much the definition to me of an “eyesore.”

More like the definition of a sight for sore eyes.

K2fTOZP.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Maybe this is a minority opinion, but I'd much rather see a retro-inspired alternate than something that makes the team look like cosplayers for a city tourism board marketing campaign. I don't care if it's called "city connect."  

And as to why the Mariners would sell a City Connect with Griffey's name on it? I'm sure it's because they have data that says anything sells better in Seattle with Griffey's name on it. If someone likes Griffey and they like that jersey, I'm not going to judge them for buying something they like. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe this is a minority opinion, but I'd much rather see a retro-inspired alternate than something that makes the team look like cosplayers for a city tourism board marketing campaign. I don't care if it's called "city connect."  

And as to why the Mariners would sell a City Connect with Griffey's name on it? I'm sure it's because they have data that says anything sells better in Seattle with Griffey's name on it. If someone likes Griffey and they like that jersey, I'm not going to judge them for buying something they like. 

right, they do it to capture the older demo. the ones that say, "i do like that jersey, plus you know griffey [or aaron or clemente or whomever]  won't get traded!" (again in griffey's case)

my favorite met of all-time is mike piazza. when the mets get their CC jersey, would i get one with PIAZZA 31 on the back? nope. but hey, that's just me.  you can buy a new jets jersey with namath on the back and an islanders new fisherman with bossy. i've seen people put current islanders on the back of the '90's style fisherman. not my thing, but to each their own.

• Like 3

sig2024.png

10 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

The pattern on the inside of the letters is actually really nice, and has lots of potential to enhance the uniform (if employed tastefully). I wouldn't bank on getting a jersey with PGH on the front, but I will be a bit disappointed if that is what we get. I'm undecided on the font, but leaning a bit towards the positive side. My expectations are high, but I am prepared to be let down as well.

Not sure which way they go with pants though. It's completely believable that they could go with any combination of a black or yellow top with black or yellow pants. It seems like a lay-up to make that decision though, so Nike will probably make some mind boggling decision for the pants. I wouldn't put it past them to make a yellow jersey and pair it with "Steel Grey" pants, with rivets acting as a stripe down the side of the leg.

I was in Pittsburgh last October for the Jets-Steelers game and then a couple Pirates games and I found myself really liking Pittsburgh (and was disappointed the Angels weren't playing there this season so I have no reason to go back anytime soon) so I was looking forward to see what the Pirates would come up with.

Colour me disappointed from everything Pittsburgh has if all we get is "PGH". It could be a sleeve patch, but I'm not liking the t-shirt look.

IbjBaeE.png

14 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Watch the team that has the history of this:

77054b977334df0688e34fc340ab76bc.jpg3facd3fecb1ca82ee79021b281cd12d17d66a171.jpg

Being the one to go with just white pants like some have been clamoring for with the last few.

• Like 4

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, adsarebad said:

I don't know what that means..... but i want an Acuna jr. jersey ...... not a :censored:ing hank arron  on field jersey in 2023!

😗

Cool, man. Earn enough money on your paper route and you can buy whatever you want! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1