MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

You can't clip these wings, but you can clip the team of any personality.

You can't clip these wings,  but  apparently  you can  throw bird poo on the fans of City Connect unis. 

-

spacer.png

-

Is there time to save it and  change to sunscreen?

-

-

spacer.png

Yeah the leaked jersey is horrible. They had every chance to put “Charm City” on it. Also, “You can’t clip these wings”? What the :censored: is that :censored:? That’s not even remotely a Baltimore thing?

At least there’s one good thing going for it- zero trace of Maryland Flag fetishism.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Assuming this is legit, I've lived in the Baltimore area for 55 years and I'm having no luck thinking of the likely explanation.  In particular, there is nothing about the wordmark font that reminds me of anything Baltimore related unless I'm just overlooking something.  At least the Nets' minimalist color scheme and font was supposed to mimic New York subway signage (if memory serves me).

As for a slogan, "Ain't The Beer Cold" would have worked just fine . . . and has been dropped a few times on MASN recently by Kevin Brown and Ben McDonald.  For the uninitiated . . . 

If there is any upside based on just this, it isn't some sort of over the top monstrosity.

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

MLB’s Latest City Connect Leak: A Hilariously Bad Orioles Jersey

Note that the “B” preceding the lame-o slogan matches the one that Buck Showalter wanted to use as a cap logo back when he was skippering the O’s. The hunch here is that they’re finally going with that cap design.

🤞

• Like 4

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Orioles next week:

"Our city connect is inspired by historic Baltimore . We based our new wordmark off the old Inner Harbor Barnes & Noble signage, and the black jersey color comes from the bottom of the Lightship Chesapeake." 🙄

1024px-Lightship_Chesapeake_Baltimore_MD

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, eRay said:

Orioles next week:

"Our city connect is inspired by historic Baltimore . We based our new wordmark off the old Inner Harbor Barnes & Noble signage, and the black jersey color comes from the bottom of the Lightship Chesapeake." 🙄

Two of the most iconic pieces of Baltimore culture.  It all makes sense now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

What an atrocious jersey concept. Really nothing positive could be said about it IMO. Nike has been on a cold streak. I hated what they did for the Braves.

I do too. There is nothing of value in just making a worse version of an existing design. Especially because the "crown" on the sleeves just looks like a baseball diamond with second base highlighted. There's so many other things they could have done -- I saw a concept on IG of a navy blue and peach design and it was glorious. Nike really is mailing in a ton of stuff lately. 

For years, Orioles fans wanted "Baltimore" on the road jersey, and the Angelos family finally relented in 2009.    Simple black and white design with grey trim and multicolors inside the collar and on the socks that no one will see.   Why are the block letters speckled?   As others have said, so much missed opportunity.

Well, since leaks like this are more likely to turn out real then fake, we're in for some embarrassing uni matchups instead of ruining them.

Also, where are the Rays' navy blue alts? Because with them wearing their sunburst uniforms, that made the O's wear black last night. If they're not wearing orange every Saturday and getting pushed around on sticking to white Mon-Thurs, that's more evidence for me to believe they aren't trying to be consistent anymore.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

32 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Also, where are the Rays' navy blue alts? Because with them wearing their sunburst uniforms, that made the O's wear black last night. If they're not wearing orange every Saturday and getting pushed around on sticking to white Mon-Thurs, that's more evidence for me to believe they aren't trying to be consistent anymore.

Per http://www.uniformlineup.com/#, they wore them 14 out of 29 times in April, mostly on the road. Now that the road grays are eliminated, the light blue jersey is what they wear on the road when the home team chooses to wear black or dark blue uniforms.

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Well, since leaks like this are more likely to turn out real then fake, we're in for some embarrassing uni matchups instead of ruining them.

Frankly, I didn't mind the Orioles wearing black last night, since (like on Saturday) they coupled it with the regular cap. I wonder if this was a player-driven decision?
Anybody else remember the halcyon days when the black jersey had white trim, and pitcher's choice meant you saw it pretty much every time Scott Erickson pitched? Good times. I miss those days.

21 hours ago, NightmareinParis said:

Orioles jersey has supposedly leaked...

spacer.png

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sorry, I fell asleep composing my reply. That's some serious sartorial Sominex, there.

5 hours ago, M59 said:

Anybody else remember the halcyon days when the black jersey had white trim, and pitcher's choice meant you saw it pretty much every time Scott Erickson pitched? Good times. I miss those days.

How can anyone not when you literally bring it up in every post.🤦‍♂️

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Per http://www.uniformlineup.com/#, they wore them 14 out of 29 times in April, mostly on the road. Now that the road grays are eliminated, the light blue jersey is what they wear on the road when the home team chooses to wear black or dark blue uniforms.

The Rays as an organization do pretty much everything right, but matching powder blue jerseys with gray pants is not one of them. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Rays as an organization do pretty much everything right, but matching powder blue jerseys with gray pants is not one of them. 

I was hoping to see a set of light blue pants this year.  Maybe the 4+1 suggestion came about too quick and they have to wait until 2024.  

• Like 3