MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Rays as an organization do pretty much everything right, but matching powder blue jerseys with gray pants is not one of them. 

I desperately want them to adopt powder blue pants. It just makes way too much sense at this point. You've got all these other teams creating contrived powder blue home alts and the Rays are the only team wearing powder the way it was originally intended and botch the pants.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

You know the one thing I wish the Rays could/ would do with their current brand to really see them apart, if I/ they know they could get away with it? 

Ax out navy; add in orange.

That's about the most sunshiney colorway there is. The problem is that Allegiant Air exists and they already built their visual brand with those same elements:

61a8f7265d47cc0018e901be?width=700

That's even more of a reason for them to resurrect the manta ray and disambiguate the brand.

Of course, this is just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Today was the first time I got to see the Blue Jays light blue unis in person.  

On TV, they look too bright to me, but in person, they're just perfect.  I'm not keen on the light-blue bill, but the rest of it is just the right shade.  Well done - fix the cap and that could be the full-time road look.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, tBBP said:

You know the one thing I wish the Rays could/ would do with their current brand to really see them apart, if I/ they know they could get away with it? 

That's about the most sunshiney colorway there is. The problem is that Allegiant Air exists and they already built their visual brand with those same elements:

This is a fantastic idea, but I don't understand why an airline's branding would have any bearing on what a baseball team chooses to do. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BrySmalls said:

I love the Orioles City Connect jersey as it perfectly encapsulates the City of Baltimore.

Funny part of that is the company I work for used to be owned by a company called Blackboard, and our office's used to be by the M&T Bank stadium, and they had moved us in 2018-ish to the inner harbor. They tasked the office with making a T-shirt together to represent the office and make it unique to the city. So we had a black shirt with Blackboard (with Baltimore in a very little font) written in a very similar font. Everyone has that "one guy" in the office, and that "one guy" reported us to the people that were in charge of logo style guidelines, and were told we could not do it. So someone just sadly traced the Baltimore skyline over the regular Blackboard logo and that became the shirt. 

• WOAH 1

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

Today was the first time I got to see the Blue Jays light blue unis in person.  

On TV, they look too bright to me, but in person, they're just perfect.  I'm not keen on the light-blue bill, but the rest of it is just the right shade.  Well done - fix the cap and that could be the full-time road look.

This opens a can of worms for me -- what sports teams have a more iconic road look than home? 

Similar to the 1980s Braves, who had a really nice white/red/blue home, but the powder blues were so iconic that you really don't see recalls of the home version of that set ever.

58 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Did anyone explain the Baltimore jersey yet? 

Yes. According to the Orioles and Nike, they felt the best way to represent the people of Charm City was to put BALTIMORE on the front of the jersey. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
NYCdog.png

8 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This is a fantastic idea, but I don't understand why an airline's branding would have any bearing on what a baseball team chooses to do. 

You're the IP pro here,  best as I can tell, so if you see no issue with it, I definitely ain't got a problem with it. 

Gon' do that then, Rays!

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

On 5/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, tBBP said:

That's even more of a reason for them to resurrect the manta ray and disambiguate the brand.

I just want the green back, man. 

spacer.png

On 5/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, tBBP said:

I still think it's ironic they're named after sun rays, yet play in the only stadium without any sun...

At least the fish rays made sense, since it feels like it's underwater. 

• Like 3

Anubis.png

37 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Just adding some yellow piping and trim to the logos would go a long way in making the Rays more interesting. Also, can the jersey with the sunshine blast on it. 

They call that the "glint"...yeah, about as silly as it sounds. 

4 hours ago, SpenserRM said:

Truthfully, so do I...sorta. They'd have to tweak the tints/shades of the green and blue for greater contrast for it to work...but that whole steamline moderne-eqsue artistic style plus the aquatic creature was one of the most unique and coolest brands...ever. I still wish they'd have just updated it rather than toss it aside for the derivative milquetoast MS Word-esque identity they have now. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 8:32 PM, McCall said:

How can anyone not when you literally bring it up in every post.🤦‍♂️

It's my personal dead horse, and I shall flog it until it turns to dust! To dust, I say!

On 5/10/2023 at 2:31 PM, tBBP said:

I feel like this scheme would work better for Miami.

8 hours ago, SpenserRM said:

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

Truthfully, so do I...sorta. They'd have to tweak the tints/shades of the green and blue for greater contrast for it to work...but that whole steamline modern-eqsue artistic style plus the aquatic creature was one of the most unique and coolest brands...ever. I still wish they'd have just updated it rather than toss it aside for the derivative milquetoast MS Word-esque identity they have now. 

Hunter green and powder/sky blue is the way to go for the Rays. 

18 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Hunter green and powder/sky blue is the way to go for the Rays. 

I’d say a lighter green would work too.

The women’s Final Four in Tampa a few years ago had navy, light blue, soft lime green, and yellow and it was a pretty phenomenal palette. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A while back I remember seeing a cap that took the Devil Ray gradient and applied the current colors do it going from navy to white.  It beautifully emulated the waves.  I think Navy, Columbia, and Yellow is a really good color scheme to fit the aquatic theme and to brighten up the Trop.  But I think similar to the Marlins they're overly dark and reserved with them.  Instead of dropping gray in favor of navy, they should have gone full Columbia on the road.

spacer.png

spacer.png