MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I would be curious to see a matching "Minnesota" script, but I dig the arched away wordmark. I agreed with your sentiment about the Twin Cities alternate when it was unveiled, but the combination of just cream & navy has really grown on me.

I wouldn't have hated this before the redesign, as I was open to them doing pretty much anything to improve their look. Now, I don't think it would work so well within this uniform set.

It's a great look and I still want the colors on the back of the road jersey flipped.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, RangersFan4ever said:

The Twins should wear Red Undershirts with there Home Whites ...

Hard disagree. The Twins reestablished themselves as a navy primary team with this rebrand (although a few of the players wear red arm sleeves anyway). 

That setup should go to Cleveland, who has precedent for such a look in the past (with red socks):

1Xzmqsq.jpg
I miss when Cleveland was more red-heavy, it felt fitting & was a nice callback to the 90’s.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

21 hours ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Why? 

Would there be similar guides to this for other leagues or sports? 

I noticed it seems to be fairly easy finding style guides for NCAA teams, but not for pro teams. 

Such as this one - https://www.trademark.iastate.edu/files/documents/2021-11/iowastate_athletic.pdf

Access to The style guides would probably make counterfeiting even more rampant and harder to detect. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, adsarebad said:

Yes, but still hard to imagine the  CC jersey is yellow and with huge letters  PGH across the chest, right? ..... right? 😳

When it comes to the Cash Grab Connects, one always dreads the worst and hopes for the...marginally less worse?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

And another black pants team this year. This one does probably make the most sense though.

I want to know who the galaxy brains are at Nike who decided to roll out five consecutive designs with black pants. 😅 You're right, though, the Pirates are one team for whom black pants actually make sense. I would have been surprised if their pants weren't black. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Another Pirates CC leak

spacer.png

The definition of "phoned it in". (This is also what happens when you obligate yourself to creating new stuff every single year...at some point something is gonna get, well, phoned in.)

(And also: what sleuth snuck in and snapped/leaked these, hrmmm??)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 6/6/2023 at 1:50 AM, MJD7 said:

Hard disagree. The Twins reestablished themselves as a navy primary team with this rebrand (although a few of the players wear red arm sleeves anyway). 

That setup should go to Cleveland, who has precedent for such a look in the past (with red socks):

1Xzmqsq.jpg
I miss when Cleveland was more red-heavy, it felt fitting & was a nice callback to the 90’s.

Let’s me real the twins should of never dropped gold. Made them a different them then the other R/W/B teams. 

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 5
  • Facepalm 3

12 minutes ago, Burkell007 said:

Let’s me real the twins should of never dropped added gold.

Edited for accuracy. Plus, much of the fanbase absolutely HATED it. This I know from personal experience. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I want to know who the galaxy brains are at Nike who decided to roll out five consecutive designs with black pants. 😅 You're right, though, the Pirates are one team for whom black pants actually make sense. I would have been surprised if their pants weren't black. 

Akshually, it's just four in a row. The Rangers had dark blue pants, not black ones. I know it looks like black, and if it's so close you can't tell the difference it might as well be black, but this forum is about the details. 

• Like 4