MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Putting a logo in place of the second "A" isn't my favorite thing ever, but my real problem is with the color of the hats. Why couldn't it be a shade of teal/blue/whatever matching something that's on the jersey? This is similar, but still not as bad, as my problem with special event/holiday hats. Otherwise, I think it is actually just fine. Especially when you go in with the expectation that it's going to be pretty different, being an All-Star jersey. I miss when All-Star jerseys were only for batting practice and the Home Run Derby.

• Like 4

oBIgzrL.png

Nation*l
Americ*n

Has anyone checked for lead in the water in Eugene?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Are the authentics for these ASG uniforms a preview of the next template for MLB teams?  It’s long past time to replace the Majestic version with the awful side panels.

They are indeed. I think the template looks really nice and honestly seems less egregious with the paneling that the soon-to-be previous Majestic template. Nike's college teams need to start switching to the MLB template next year too. 

2023-baseball-all-star-game-jersey-national-league-uniform-detailed-back-collar-ASG23-sportslogosnet-7501000d.jpg

2023-mlb-all-star-game-uniform-jersey-jock-tag-the-future-is-here-nike-sportslogosnet-diamond-asg-7501000e.jpg

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

They are indeed. I think the template looks really nice and honestly seems less egregious with the paneling that the soon-to-be previous Majestic template. Nike's college teams need to start switching to the MLB template next year too.

I really doubt they will, tbh. Nike rolled out the new template for the NBA ahead of the 2017/18 season (the first year of the contract), but they’ve kept all of their men’s college basketball teams in totally different templates. Ditto for women’s college basketball teams; they’re in totally different templates than the new template that Nike unveiled for WNBA uniforms in 2021. 

• Sad 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So the ASG caps will be a color that is not present below the neck, apparently.  MLB, go home, you're drunk. 😑😡

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Proudly representing, if someone tells you to list the names of gas stations, like the sixth or seventh one you think of.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

2023-baseball-all-star-game-jersey-national-league-uniform-detailed-back-collar-ASG23-sportslogosnet-7501000d.jpg

2023-mlb-all-star-game-uniform-jersey-jock-tag-the-future-is-here-nike-sportslogosnet-diamond-asg-7501000e.jpg

look at the shoulder seams .... such a bad sewing job, looks like the jersey is inside out. Cheap looking!

compared to the previous

-

spacer.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fem.frgimages.com%2FCompleteMailer%2Fimages%2FWFT%2FMLB_4973_Launch_AllStarJerseys_06230_Email_A_GENR.jpg&t=1688135922&ymreqid=6705fec8-a8af-7e74-1ca9-75006501d800&sig=3YO8ObKtuBcHUNdAKSd42A--~D

Unfortunately I think we'll get pants that match the jerseys instead of that light color that's on the hat. 

In my opinion there is nothing really wrong with these. Much better than the previous two years and more in line with the Home Run Derby Jerseys of the past. The only issue is them replacing the team uniforms everyone loved so dearly.

• Like 13

On 6/29/2023 at 4:21 AM, fouhy12 said:

I still think we got spoiled by the first three uniforms to come out. The Red Sox opened by nailing the "City" part with something that strongly connects to the city and is well designed. Was that uniform part of their brand in 2021?  No. that's how traditions are born. All three uniforms added something meaningful to the existing brand while connecting to the city. Many of the ones we've gotten since have seemed stale in comparison. 

LA Angels, Arizona,  and Houston's CC unis are 10 times better than the blinding Red Sox CC uni.

Nobody associates and connects  Boston to it's  marathon race.

New York has a marathon, so do many other cities ......

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 7
  • Facepalm 2

No, the Boston Marathon is a pretty well-known part of Boston culture, more so than the Chicago Marathon is for Chicago, and so on down the line. That doesn't mean the Red Sox, another well-known part of Boston culture, need to do anything with it beyond an annual batting practice jersey/giveaway.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫