MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

13 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

the Diamond Backs turquoise centric unis are the best. Drop the copper for Turquoise. 

They just need to commit to a look instead of trying to have it both ways. The D-Backs use of turquoise is the same as the Twins previous use of gold. It looks fine on the home jersey, but is inexplicably absent from the rest of their uniforms.

If they did decide to incorporate turquoise into the full set, I wouldn't mind seeing the white jersey tweaked. The turquoise front numbers & names on back stick out way too much. It should just be a trim colour.

• Like 8

I don't like the Diamondbacks' current home jersey (and previous red & teal jerseys) for a few reasons. I generally prefer their sand color because it complements the red and black color scheme much better than their current teal imo. It also doesn't help that the current teal is so bright. Contrast is good, but the current shade feels offensive to my eyes, kinda like a highlighter.

On top of that, their jerseys that use(d) that shade of teal always had really poor color balance, and leave red and teal as secondary colors that do nothing but clash with each other. Even with teal numbers on the front, the jersey seemed almost entirely black and teal, which isnt how I envision the Diamondbacks. If they really did want to go red + black + teal full time, I feel like it would need to be with a red-dominant identity with black and a more muted teal as the secondary colors. Even then I'd much prefer the red + sand scheme or the 90s colors before that.

Outside of all that, they would benefit from committing one way or the other. Not a red + teal home jersey with a red + sand road jersey. Just choose a color scheme and embrace it.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

I don't like the Diamondbacks' current home jersey (and previous red & teal jerseys) for a few reasons. I generally prefer their sand color because it complements the red and black color scheme much better than their current teal imo. It also doesn't help that the current teal is so bright. Contrast is good, but the current shade feels offensive to my eyes, kinda like a highlighter.

On top of that, the color balance of their jerseys that use(d) that shade of teal always had really poor color balance, and leave red and teal as secondary colors that do nothing but clash with each other. Even with teal numbers on the front, the jersey seemed almost entirely black and teal, which really isnt how I envision the Diamondbacks. If they really did want to go red + black + teal full time, I feel like it would need to be with a red-dominant identity with black and a more muted teal as the secondary colors. Even then I'd much prefer the red + sand scheme or the 90s colors before that.

Outside of all that, they would benefit from committing one way or the other. Not a red + teal home jersey with a red + sand road jersey. Just choose a color scheme and embrace it.

Quoted for truth!

It's where I sit.

Hear me out...

...I get that Sedona is kinda Iike Arizona’s thing, but I've felt for a LONG time now that if they're gonna use turquoise as a team color (and they should, since it's distinctive and unique to them), then a/ yes, they probably should tone it down just a slight bit and b/ pair it with a base color closer to mulberry (or plum if you prefer that name), which kinds sits in between their current Sedona (which I personally feel is a bit too...I don't know, it just doesn't match well with their current turquoise) and their former purple. Observe...

main-qimg-d9606e2147395e00ce503ff101876c

(Or somewhere on this scale...)

EOKKtWWW4AAOmTn.png:large

And this...

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWPhyxqpx37UDm8FyQi

(There's actual formulas one can do to optimize the percentage of tint in red to the percentage of shade in green or in this case turquoise, but that's getting way too deep in the sand. 😄)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

While I like “Sedona” red and turquoise, their early ‘00s A-chest vests (or with sleeves) should have been their forever home uniform.

They've never had a good road uni. In fact they’ve had mostly horrible ones, going all the way back to the d-snake. 

If you want to tweak the colors to some version of “mulberry” (or plum) and turquoise, that’s fine, but that look was a winner. Just recolor it to gray (or would sand work?) for the road and call it a day. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They've never had a good road uni. In fact they’ve had mostly horrible ones, going all the way back to the d-snake. 

The current one worn with the updated red hat and red accessories isn't bad at all...

spacer.png

• Like 12

yeah that's not bad.  Unfortunately they have so many uniforms that I overlooked that one.  Either way, their original colors should still be what they use.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The current one worn with the updated red hat and red accessories isn't bad at all...

spacer.png

These are really nice -- everything we'd want in a baseball uniform. Simple, with a distinct typeface. No clutter. Even the colors are right for Arizona. At least thematically, you can't argue that Sedona red and sand aren't an ideal palette for a team in Arizona. 

The issue is that it's just kind of drab overall, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there's nothing surprising about those colors. The Astros spent a decade wearing nearly identical colors, so by the time the Diamondbacks switched the colors weren't anything we hadn't seen before in baseball.  

Personally, i didn't like the franchise's original uniforms. I thought the original shades of purple and turquoise felt too much like a '90s-era novelty than anything that could stand the test of time. But I'd also like to see how some version of those colors, perhaps darker shades, would look on the current uniform template. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

From a design standpoint, the D-Backs probably look better now than they've ever looked. I would love for someone with photoshop skills to show what the current design with the OG colors would look like, because I think that could be a winner

Rough job but it's something

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 5

No uniform should ever say "D-Backs".  If the name needs to be abbreviated, it's a bad name.

This is a perfect uniform (though uniforms with only a chest logo and no numbers should always be on a raglan template - no exceptions):
734b66779540b3ed508f84220627ad4b.jpg

I could take or lose the number font, but this is a classic look that's appropriate for Arizona (not saying that the current scheme isn't) and could be worn for decades without feeling dated.

If you want to recolor the current road then that's fine, but I think they'd end up like the Cubs used to be where they had a relatively-untouchable home uniform but tinkered with the road every 3 or 4 years.  And that's fine!  Just keep the home the same forever*

*in this case, forever means "until they relocate because nobody cares"

• Like 8