MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

14 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

No matter which jersey they choose to wear on the road, they both say “Oakland,” so there’s no real avoiding that. It maybe explains why they haven’t worn the green jersey at home much lately, but not on the road.

I’m probably not the only one, but I think the A’s should go to kelly green full-time if/when they go to Vegas.

My honest guess (as a sad and bitter A's fan, I will admit) is that people like the Kelly jerseys, while the grays are just standard road grays that almost everyone has, and so they go with the one to which people will pay less attention.

• Like 1

I wish they would drop the navy and go powder blue and yellow.  I've seen it in college and love it.

In other news...🤨?

More data from reddit: the evidence this person is talking about is a Kevin Martinez (VP or marketing) tweet in response to someone asking about why the lettering on the back of jerseys was so bad. Martinez’s exact response was “it will all be resolved next year”.

• WOAH 1
  • Facepalm 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I think the Rays have so many different directions they could go in, they just need to commit to one. They could go:

• Full-time gradient, maybe paired with the deep purple on the numbers instead of black
  • Back to forest green & maybe pair it with columbia blue
  • Increase emphasis on columbia blue & yellow, preferably with new logos & wordmarks

They’re really due for a brand refresh, hopefully coinciding with their new stadium at the latest. Their Times New Roman-esque font has look dated ever since it debuted (their previous wordmarks weren’t much better, either, I think the lowercase “fauxback” wordmark is the best they’ve had).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

We'll probably never see those uniforms in a playoff game ever again.

And it's a shame. I've always felt like that was a unique look, and the subsequent shift toward dark green seemed like too hard of a turn from the relative brightness of the expansion unis. 

But the biggest issue with that set -- and likely why they never stuck -- is the hard-to-define color palette. When your primary visuals use a purple/blue/green/yellow/gradient, it becomes hard to discern which color is the base and which are accents. It's a neat idea with a lot of potential, but you could really see the problem on display last night. Seemed like some players embraced the purple with their choice of accessories and baselayers. Others had neon green accessories, some navy, etc. They all looked good on their own, but there's no cohesion.