2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

26 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Seriously?? Let's lose game 3 on purpose so we can win the next 2?

They didn't lay down to take the L. A lot of VGK players just didn't play their best.

Game 3 was a bad game. They had very few shots on goal through all of the 1st period.

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

They didn't lay down to take the L. A lot of VGK players just didn't play their best.

Game 3 was a bad game. They had very few shots on goal through all of the 1st period.

AND...in what has been a maddeningly frustrating habit of theirs all postseason—and it was on full display again last game and it's beginning to creep up again in this game—they spent entirely too much time camped out in their own defensive zone. I don't know what their major issue is with this, but at times (like, most of it), they seem more content to defend Adin Hill and the net than aggressively mount offensive rushes...and then when they do go on offense, they can't seem to keep possession of the puck. The killing thing is they're far more than capable of asserting their dominance in the offensive zone, on the forecheck, like they did in games 1 and 2, but for some reason they seem to want to default to defense...and when they do that, that's when they get into trouble. It should be common sense, but...anyway, if they lose this Finals, that'll be the main reason why.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, so Vegas pulled that one out—but good doggone, man! How do you not advance the puck into the offensive zone one time in five whole minutes?? Not once?? That's gonna be the thing that kills them if they blow this lead—not asserting themselves on OFFENSE as a result of spending way too much time guarding the defensive zone. And I mean it is maddeningly frustrating to watch. Florida skate in and whoever skates in keeps the puck on the stick and has a mind to put it on net. Vegas? Nah...they just wanna dump it down ice, or across ice, with no one around to corral it...and then skate right back to their defensive zone. I think they sometimes forget they're the bigger and deeper team and just let those cats nip and nip and nip. 

Anyway, it's over now, I can relax a lil' bit 😄...back to Vegas for Game 5. They better find what they found for games 1 and 2 and assert it early and all game, or they'll find themselves on the wrong side of a game six quick.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

15 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Yeah - but that isn't what you said previously. You actually asked if the team might intentionally lose Game 3 so that they could win it with Game 5 at home.

Apparently, you realize how that sounded, as you deleted it from your original post. I'm glad I had it in what I quoted.

It's where I sit.

11 minutes ago, See Red said:

This game has been complete domination from Vegas.  The sequences that lead to goals three and four were incredible.

That's what I'd been waiting for! I knew Vegas had that kind of offensive press in them...and they finally went there and are straight wearing the.Panthers out. Sure, there's 20 game minutes left, but this is the very definition of "beating the brakes off" somebody here.

EDIT: make that 6-1 now with that last goal!

Wonder whether Maurice will send Bob back out there for the final period or not now...

I wish I had worn my Vegas jersey today. It has a Stanley Cup patch and everything, though from the 2018 season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And now Mark Stone with the hat trick...on his third try for the empty net. Shorthanded, even-strength, and empty net. That's a true hat trick there!

(And like @DG_ThenNowForever, I'm wishing I had my Mark Stone jersey with me right about now...but it'll be waiting for me in my closet when I get back home 😄)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

That was pure domination on the part of Vegas in that game.

Congrats to them and their fans. They now have a championship to call their own.

Long suffering Knight fans rejoice, your ceaseless nightmare is finally over.

• LOL 3

VmWIn6B.png

The Florida Panthers are:

• 1-8 in nine games played in their Stanley Cup Final history
  • Have been outscored 43-16 across those nine games
  • Are tied with the Blackhawks (1962, 1973) and Maple Leafs (1918, 1942) as the only active NHL franchises to have given up 8+ goals in multiple games in their Stanley Cup Final history. The Leafs have played in 21 Stanley Cup Finals, the Blackhawks have played in 13, the Panthers have played in 9...games

LOL.

• LOL 2

spacer.png