NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Broncos’ website says the alt helmets (which seem to be white) will be worn with the color rush unis (remember NFL rules, for now, don’t let teams wear alternate helmets with main sets). So it’ll be weird if they wear white helmets with all orange (or all navy) uniforms. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Chawls said:

Sooner or later, we won’t be able to distinguish what’s a joke and what’s real. 

The Bills did this last year with an alternate all-black buffalo wing style uniform and if it had been another day I would've likely believed it.

16 hours ago, TruColor said:

It's darker than 151 C...not currently used in the NFL.

Why are you calling those colors "unused"? They are both present in the Rams' logos.

I meant uniform-wise, but i guess technically they are being used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the Broncos, our only hope is that they do an all-white inverse of the Color Rush set, that way they can mix and match white pants and jerseys with the orange.

But that would rely on Denver being competent, whichi is a big ask from a team that wore this:

zcbllpmlhu2h5fw4ylpj

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

"Broncos country - let's white."

I apologize for the low effort and quality of this post.

This is the highest quality post in this thread since people started fantasizing about a crappy Va Tech alt becoming a 100-year old NFL team's primary home.

Given the new ownership group, we have no idea what the Broncos are actually doing here, but a radical break with the traditional helmets to hop on an overused all-white trend seems way too obvious.

The new group is very aware of the comically bad teams fielded recently, and anything that seems like a late-to-the-party, chasing trends vibe would likely be avoided. If that's the case, the all-white teaser might be a red herring, and the "alternate" helmet is not going to be "icy."

Or, it could just be an ownership group who wants to parrot the Bengals' all-white uni successes, and has no better ideas.

Given the impending redesign and the fact that an alternate helmet has to stick around for five years (right?), it'd have to take into account at least some elements of the potential new designs.

Regardless of the outcome, it'll be a great indicator of whether the newest and richest ownership group to the league is actually innovative, or a carbon copy of the truly incompetent Al and Mark Davis-type owners, who consistently steer their franchise into the sun.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrAstrodome said:

That seems like the obvious case.

@TruColor Any word on the Texans? Many in the media have implied us reclaiming, stealing back in light blue.

Haven't heard anything that you all don't already know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cujo said:

*yawn*

s-l500.jpg

Their logo has way too much white in it to look good on a white helmet. I hope they at least use an orange facemask to break up all the white, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of an "🧊🧊cold🧊🧊" alternate.

• Like 1

Well, since it has to be worn with the Color Rush, let's hope they at least use the "D" logo.  

It'll still look bad if they use a White facemask.  Mask needs to be Navy, or at least Orange.

What are the rules on changing Color Rush uniforms?  Is it possible they'd introduce a White CR alt?  That would make more sense with this helmet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Broncos’ website says the alt helmets (which seem to be white) will be worn with the color rush unis (remember NFL rules, for now, don’t let teams wear alternate helmets with main sets). So it’ll be weird if they wear white helmets with all orange (or all navy) uniforms. 

It’ll be the all navy uniform with some bull:censored: explanation about mimicking the “strong and proud standing snow-capped Rocky Mountains”

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Given the impeding redesign and the fact that an alternate helmet has to stick around for five years (right?), it'd have to take into account at least some elements of the potential new designs.

Nope, only jerseys have to stay for five years, because that's what sells the most. The Eagles' black helmet will be a one and done, and the Rams showed that even primary helmets don't need to last very long.

• Like 5

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

I meant uniform-wise, but i guess technically they are being used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the Broncos, our only hope is that they do an all-white inverse of the Color Rush set, that way they can mix and match white pants and jerseys with the orange.

But that would rely on Denver being competent, whichi is a big ask from a team that wore this:

zcbllpmlhu2h5fw4ylpj

Unpopular opinion: I actually like this better than with the white pants. There are exceptions but as a general rule, in my opinion - the helmet should always match the pants unless it matches the jersey. It creates such a balanced look. I know the stripes don't match, but they look like crap matching or unmatching so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Is there still a chance the Panthers change this year? If so, any leakings on what direction they could be headed?

I really hope they don't change. They absolutely nailed the jerseys from day 1. I do think silver muddies up the color scheme and would much rather them wear a blue helmet and blue pants full time. Would look fantastic with the home and away sets. But they would never make that change alone. If it even came at all, it would come with trashy "modern" jerseys that set them on the 5-year carousel to hell.

Let's hope they learned from their mistakes at QB and don't make the same with the unis. Sometimes what you have is as good as you're gonna get. Changing just to change is not the answer.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)