NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

13 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

What? Why would they change that. It would be one thing if they shared a custom font with another team but the Panthers' number font is just a basic block set.

Hmm, if that is what happens I'd actually be kinda disappointed. In my opinion, they should try to look more like the blue on the left than on the right. It feels like Charlotte FC matches the left color as well.

As I've said many times - I'm glad that the team isn't doing a major overhaul because they don't need one. Tightening up certain elements (hopefully removing the sleeve logo or TV numbers to give the stripe some room to breathe) and making the switch to blue primaries (if that happens) is a good change. Forcing the stripe short is unfortunate and I blame Nike for being unable to accommodate the design. While dropping silver would be the best way to go I'd rather they keep it than go to an all-black disaster.

It sounds like a Patriots template from the details

13 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I wonder if Carolina has worn the light blue jerseys so infrequently at home for this mismatched color reason, The past several years it has mostly been reserved for road games when the home team wears white.

Highly doubt it. The difference is really minute. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

34 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m curious to see if an NFL team could/would make a lateral switch to Jordan Brand uniforms at any point in the near future.

I can understand the point of having a unique mark for premier college schools, but slapping the Jordan logo on a jersey makes no sense to me at all. Why the world's premier football league would wear uniforms marked by someone who played an entirely different sport is beyond me. It doesn't make much sense in college football, and it makes even less sense with the NFL.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m curious to see if an NFL team could/would make a lateral switch to Jordan Brand uniforms at any point in the near future.

That would require league-wide approval. And if it could be done, the first team to get it would probably be the Cowboys. 

2 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I can understand the point of having a unique mark for premier college schools, but slapping the Jordan logo on a jersey makes no sense to me at all. Why the world's premier football league would wear uniforms marked by someone who played an entirely different sport is beyond me. It doesn't make much sense in college football, and it makes even less sense with the NFL.

I think it depends on the connection,  with UNC I don’t think it really changes because Jordans connection with the school. All the others are kinda bunk.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shadyloaf said:

I remember back when the Titans were working on their new uniforms, there was a dude on reddit who said he saw them and they were red primary with a silver battle scratched helmet. 

Right. How quickly we forget our history…

4 hours ago, SteeloGreen said:

Panthers are just gonna look like the Patriots at this point with the half stripes. 

Half-stripes suck.  They are evil ugly hellspawn.  Being unable to deliver a full stripe isn't progress, its regression.  If you're supposed t9 be the elite sports team appareal maker, figure it out.  Half looks cheap. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Im more than glad to see silver stick around. A uniform doesn’t have to be considered dated just because it doesnt look like it was designed either in the 1960s or 2030. The Bucs, Ravens, and Panthers carry on as vanguards of peak 90s design and Im all for it. It does make you wonder, though, how they plan to use silver going forward. They’ve really diminished its fabric usage, though insist on keeping it around for at least another five years despite seemingly giving themselves the chance to get rid of it.

Wait. Oh god. They’re making all-black the primary, helmets and all. Nothing stated so far deconfirms it, and it’s the only thing left that could be exciting enough to hype up an unveil for at this point. Black-white-black-black for the aways. The ‘they should wear all-black to look just like panthers’ crowd ought to be stoked…

• Like 1

Panthers jersey stripes not going all the way around ?, ugghh, If Nike would make the sleeves a little longer would help, Nike's not done much to help teams with their looks, oh this design is better, nope, now this design is better, no no oh this design is so much better......

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oh this’ll be an unpopular opinion for sure-

I’m glad to see the shoulder loop be axed in favor of “half” stripe

Why are you glad to see that?