NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Or, if they’re going through a redesign/rebrand, they could consider going back to their previous colors, Royal & Orange, and be the only team in the league with that identity.

Again. Nobody cares. Not Bears fans. Not Broncos fans. Especially when they face eachother once a decade in kinda-sotra-clashing colors.

Let's see you complain about the BigTen and demand all those red and white teams change colors.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

56 minutes ago, SailorOfSilence102 said:

I'm not trying to be mean, but I've never even considered for a moment that the Broncos looked that noticeably like the Bears. The uniform color use and logos are nothing alike, and even the colors themselves, in addition to the hierarchy of them being different, aren't that like super similar ? The Broncos shade of blue is a bit brighter, the Bears shade of orange is a bit more faded whereas the Broncos is super saturated. I really don't think it's a problem.

Agree 100%.  Not sure if this is accurate but found online.

Bears on top then Broncos below

DARK NAVY
PANTONE: PMS 5395 C
HEX COLOR: #0B162A
CMYK: (100, 60, 0, 80)
RGB: (11, 22, 42)
BUY MATCHING PAINT
ORANGE
PANTONE: PMS 1665 C
HEX COLOR: #C83803;
CMYK: (0, 75, 100, 0)
RGB: (200, 56, 3)
BRONCOS ORANGE
PANTONE: PMS 1655 C
HEX COLOR: #FB4F14;
RGB: (251, 79, 20)
CMYK: (0, 75, 98, 0)
BUY MATCHING PAINT
BRONCOS NAVY
PANTONE: PMS 289 C
HEX COLOR: #002244;
RGB: (0, 34, 68)
CMYK: (81, 45, 0, 75)

Edited by Ninoners
Link error
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ninoners said:

Agree 100%.  Not sure if this is accurate but found online.

Bears on top then Broncos below

DARK NAVY
PANTONE: PMS 5395 C
HEX COLOR: #0B162A
CMYK: (100, 60, 0, 80)
RGB: (11, 22, 42)
BUY MATCHING PAINT
ORANGE
PANTONE: PMS 1665 C
HEX COLOR: #C83803;
CMYK: (0, 75, 100, 0)
RGB: (200, 56, 3)
BRONCOS ORANGE
PANTONE: PMS 1655 C
HEX COLOR: #FB4F14;
RGB: (251, 79, 20)
CMYK: (0, 75, 98, 0)
BUY MATCHING PAINT
BRONCOS NAVY
PANTONE: PMS 289 C
HEX COLOR: #002244;
RGB: (0, 34, 68)
CMYK: (81, 45, 0, 75)

Those jibe with Trucolor.net.

It's where I sit.

Just because I wouldn’t mistake the Broncos for the Bears unless they played each other in Chicago, that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be nice to have an extra unique color scheme in the NFL.

I don’t really care what logo they use, but I’m in favor of the Broncos going back to royal blue.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Just because I wouldn’t mistake the Broncos for the Bears unless they played each other in Chicago, that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be nice to have an extra unique color scheme in the NFL.

I don’t really care what logo they use, but I’m in favor of the Broncos going back to royal blue.

Unique isn't the issue for me. I like the Broncos in Royal Blue better than Navy.

As someone earlier said, their former uniforms with a recolored current helmet. Done.

• Like 7

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, IceCap said:

As good a run as the Broncos had with the Cyber Horse 1) everything old is new again and 2) you can't stave that off with incompetence.

Denver won back to back Super Bowls in 1998 and 1999. Then they set the record for worst record for a defending champ in 2000 that stood until the Rams prolapsed in 2022. They won another when an all-time great defence carried the burnt out husk of Peyton Manning to a second title, but that was in 2015. It's been eight years and a parade of failed coaches and QBs, the last of which is on a team crippling contract if he can't turn his game around.

Sixteen years of nothing between 1999 and 2015. Eight more years of nothing since, and becoming the joke of the NFL thanks to Russell Wilson's LETS RIDE mantra and bad sandwich commercials. Sooner or later the ratio of bad football to good tips in the bad's favour. And then the classic brand, which is the opposite of the slick Cyber Horse/Nike panelled look, becomes appealing. 

Super bowls in 1997 and 1998 and defending champ in 1999. The super bowl is recognized as the year the season is played not the year of the actual Super Bowl game. 

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but it's interesting to point out that most of us collectively clamored for brown & yellow to make its return in MLB for literal decades.

Just because the uniform design itself is pretty wacky, that doesn't mean that brown & yellow couldn't work as a football color scheme. Wyoming is a perfect example.

I would just default to royal & orange for the Broncos in particular because they had that scheme for a longer time and it's what people more easily associate them with.

EDIT: Yeah, @Brave-Bird 08 & @Sec19Row53 said it more succinctly than I did.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but it's interesting to point out that most of us collectively clamored for brown & yellow to make its return in MLB for literal decades.

Just because the uniform design itself is pretty wacky, that doesn't mean that brown & yellow couldn't work as a football color scheme. Wyoming is a perfect example.

I would just default to royal & orange for the Broncos in particular because they had that scheme for a longer time and it's what people more easily associate them with.

EDIT: Yeah, @Brave-Bird 08 & @Sec19Row53 said it more succinctly than I did.

You had made a point of Denver needing a more unique color scheme within the league. Brown and Yellow just about does it.

11 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

You had made a point of Denver needing a more unique color scheme within the league. Brown and Yellow just about does it.

An orange and royal blue combo is pretty unique in the NFL. 

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I never said that they needed a more unique scheme, just that it would be nice. And more unique doesn't necessarily mean they have to be the most unique.

• Like 5