NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

12 hours ago, csura999 said:

Very intrigued to see what these Jets and Vikings "tribute" helmets are, and the new (presumably) uniforms they will be matched up with.

Have not heard anything specific on the Vikings but my sources have said the Jets will be going with white lids and for a Namath Era "tribute".

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

22 minutes ago, canzman said:

Have not heard anything specific on the Vikings but my sources have said the Jets will be going with white lids and for a Namath Era "tribute".

Is the black helmet retired then? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Is the black helmet retired then? 

I hope it is, but other than the Eagles who are going with the kelly green helmet, is anyone else confirmed as changing their alternate lids this year? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

40 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope it is, but other than the Eagles who are going with the kelly green helmet, is anyone else confirmed as changing their alternate lids this year? 

Arizona introduced their new black helmets, but that's all I can think of.

rAUPGPZ.png

5 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Arizona introduced their new black helmets, but that's all I can think of.

Arizona added them last year, but I think they added something to them, similar to the white helmets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Arizona added them last year, but I think they added something to them, similar to the white helmets. 

Essentially, the Black alt helmets were introduced a year early; the intention was to unveil new uniforms for 2022, but supply chain issues delayed it to this season. The Black helmets for 2023 are exactly what they were in 2022, just paired with new uniforms.

We didn't know it at the time, but the 3-D logo and the metallic flake shell was a preview as to what was to come with the new White helmets.

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I thought I read somewhere that the Eagles have permission to wear both the kelly green throwback helmets and their black alternate helmets in 2023

They don’t have permission yet. The two alternate helmet rule has not been voted on by the owners. 

On 4/23/2023 at 5:18 PM, HOOVER said:

This shows why a timeless classic is always better than what’s on-trend or the start of a new trend (like the 97 Broncos re-brand):

The problem with Navy/Orange is that it looks very similar to the Bears.  Probably not close enough to matter, but still a reason to consider going back to Royal/Orange:

7rccins1g4p81.jpg

I think these uniforms cured my depression

• Like 8

fiowXOD.png

3 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Jets seem to still consider themselves a green team. Hopefully we see this jersey more than once in 2023...

I’m glad he decided not to wear #12, even though Namath offered.

• Like 9

On 4/23/2023 at 5:18 PM, HOOVER said:

This shows why a timeless classic is always better than what’s on-trend or the start of a new trend (like the 97 Broncos re-brand):

The problem with Navy/Orange is that it looks very similar to the Bears.  Probably not close enough to matter, but still a reason to consider going back to Royal/Orange:

7rccins1g4p81.jpg

I don’t ever want that Royal jersey or Royal pant, but this colorway was and would again become unique to the league, rather than one shared with another team:

498319540.0.jpg

I don't know exactly how popular/unpopular this opinion is, but I would prefer the Broncos to stay away from royal/powder blue when getting new uniforms for a couple of reasons:

1- Our division rivals in the Chargers already own powder blue, so just bringing it back would make us too similar to them, even if it used in a minimal capacity. The connection will be made.

2- For me, Broncos and powder/royal blue is like the Bucs and creamsicle. It's a nice look to bring back every once in a while, but it associated with a lack of success. I would much rather embrace a more successful color scheme. (And I might be biased, having grown up with orange and navy, I'll be honest). 

3- Using more orange in the next uniform set would help distance the Broncos visually from the Bears. After all, there are a number of teams in the NFL that wear the same/similar colors but differentiate themselves by the color balance. Every Broncos fan already has a wardrobe decked out in orange, it would be good to embrace it more. Not to the point of an orange helmet, per say, but definitely using it more on the away uniforms.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

54 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I don't know exactly how popular/unpopular this opinion is, but I would prefer the Broncos to stay away from royal/powder blue when getting new uniforms for a couple of reasons:

1- Our division rivals in the Chargers already own powder blue, so just bringing it back would make us too similar to them, even if it used in a minimal capacity. The connection will be made.

I would disagree with this…if the Broncos bring back royal and orange full time (and not just a throwback), they’ll probably use a true royal metallic or satin finish on the helmets. The Broncos helmets will never look similar to the Chargers nor will their jerseys.

The only reason the Broncos wore lighter blue helmets (which are quite darker than the current Chargers’ blue) in the 80s and 90s was due to equipment restrictions…they had a choice of lighter blue shells or navy shells (which the Rams and Giants and even the Chargers wore). Everything else in the Broncos’ identity was true royal.

The Chargers wore royal blue in the 80s for a bit and no one ever said “Are those the Seahawks?”  Similarly, no one ever was pissed the Chargers and Broncos wore navy for 20+ years. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I’m glad he decided not to wear #12, even though Namath offered.

Agreed. It's pretty common for guys to be humble enough to offer but I always prefer to see a retired number stay retired. I will say I was okay with one exception, Larry Nance Jr. wearing 22 while in Cleveland.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Glad to see mine is still in the top 10. But man there's some interesting options to say the least. 

Yours is good! I must admit though my favorite of the 10 submissions is the one by Bpodger. Are all of these dog supposed to be mastiffs? Does the Dawg Pound have a specific breed they represent themselves with?

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller