NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

56 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Unpopular opinion: I like the pewter alts

I don’t DISlike the pewter jerseys. Or the pants. Or the socks. They just need something to break them up. Red socks would work wonders for that set. 

As it stands currently, I’d rather see a white-over-white version of the creamsicles, as long as the socks are orange or striped. 

• Like 6

I don't think some prototype that never saw the field is what will happen with Tampa. If they stay true to the combos used in the past they have 5 possible options.
1976 (Creamsicle over white with striped socks)

c8FAjRm.jpg
1976 (White over white with striped socks)

8d9fF8U.jpg

1976 was only season with striped socks until throwback were used in 2009 -2012
1977-1996 (Creamsicle  over white with creamsicle midcalf socks)

QysGIQC.jpg
1977-1991 (White over white with creamsicle midcalf socks)

U47V9op.jpg
1992-1996 (white over creamsicle with creamsicle midcalf socks)

fFDZAqy.jpg

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, canzman said:

QysGIQC.jpg
1977-1991 (White over white with creamsicle midcalf socks)

U47V9op.jpg
1992-1996 (white over creamsicle with creamsicle midcalf socks)

fFDZAqy.jpg

I always wondered how the helmets of that era would have looked with red facemasks. In my mind it would have been an upgrade over the light orange facemasks.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

51 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I always wondered how the helmets of that era would have looked with red facemasks. In my mind it would have been an upgrade over the light orange facemasks.

I think it might have been too jarring. The orange blended in better, while red would have been more attention getting.

Of course, I feel this way about New England, too, so take that for what it's worth.

It's where I sit.

Backpedaling for just a second to the orange pants-specific part of the discussion: If they were to do orange pants with the away jersey, I feel like for balance, this is what they'd have to do:

spacer.png

As others have pointed out, both the red numbers and the orange socks with orange pants look are both a bit heavy feeling.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

While we’re being buc-jacked, I’ll add some more of my .02. The pewter jersey’s problems are the lack of black and orange trim for the cohesion of the entire set. Not saying it’ll look better, but it’s not just a recolor of the other jerseys. (Not even mentioning the second pewter pants). If they had that, they could just use the regular pants…I’d like to see pewter over white tbh.

maybe this is just folklore, but I remember being a young kid and hearing a story of the last game of the season in orange and they were actually going to wear orange/orange but Hardy Nickerson shot that down so they just wore orange/white.  Granted this was the 90s with no internet, no message boards, no social media, and color mono wasn’t really a thing. Does anyone have any info or hear anything similar?

why I don’t think it’s a white throwback is everything is being hyped as return of the creamsicle and not just return of bucco Bruce. That jersey is immediately recognizable for nostalgia and for your wallet.

• Like 6
KISSwall09.jpg

Thanks I hate it.

I'm intrigued by the prototypes posted upthread. I could get on board with building a new set out of those with an updated logo set. They can't go back to The Pirate People Call Gay, and I've never cared for the washed-out 49ers stuff.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Backpedaling for just a second to the orange pants-specific part of the discussion: If they were to do orange pants with the away jersey, I feel like for balance, this is what they'd have to do:

spacer.png

As others have pointed out, both the red numbers and the orange socks with orange pants look are both a bit heavy feeling.

See, that is better. Only if the numbers are red, but this will do.

12 hours ago, hormone said:

While we’re being buc-jacked, I’ll add some more of my .02. The pewter jersey’s problems are the lack of black and orange trim for the cohesion of the entire set. Not saying it’ll look better, but it’s not just a recolor of the other jerseys. (Not even mentioning the second pewter pants). If they had that, they could just use the regular pants…I’d like to see pewter over white tbh.

maybe this is just folklore, but I remember being a young kid and hearing a story of the last game of the season in orange and they were actually going to wear orange/orange but Hardy Nickerson shot that down so they just wore orange/white.  Granted this was the 90s with no internet, no message boards, no social media, and color mono wasn’t really a thing. Does anyone have any info or hear anything similar?

why I don’t think it’s a white throwback is everything is being hyped as return of the creamsicle and not just return of bucco Bruce. That jersey is immediately recognizable for nostalgia and for your wallet.

I read that it was Sam Wyche’s idea (his last game as coach, he was a lame duck at this point), and the team vetoed it. I didn’t know anything about specific players. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FlySaint said:

How about a red jersey version of the creamsicle set?

Who would that be for, exactly? What itch does that scratch?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫