NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

I'm wondering if NFL aesthetics are finally turning a corner. I know these are throwbacks, but my god it looks so good to have pants, shoulder stripes, and sock stripes back in NFL uniforms. It just adds so much to the overall look. Maybe, just maybe, the leotard look is starting to be phased out. 

• Like 11

F1VdBX5acAADIBm?format=jpg&name=medium

It’s funny. They’ll wear these opening weekend and then proceed to, by proxy, wear inferior uniform for 16 straight weeks.

I don’t believe a team should go back to previous uniforms, but this is telling that Minnesota could and should alter these a smidge and wear full time with a white counterpart.

• Like 4
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

According to pretty much everyone, no team should have a throwback uniform because every team’s throwback should just be its permanent uniform.

Teams should always be wearing their best look. If a throwback is their best look, then they should wear that. If it's not, then they shouldnt be wearing it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Might be a scorching take but this throwback set is a just a tiny bit overrated. Still very much worthy of bringing back and a damn good uniform, but I honestly prefer the Vikings' current set to these by a good amount. The yellow and white on the stripes get muddied together at a distance due to lack of contrast and the gray facemask, though historically accurate, doesn't match the rest of the set at all. Feels weird to me having  a dull gray element on an otherwise bright and cheery uniform. Easily the next best set the Vikings have had, just wouldn't be my cup of tea if it returned as a full-time set.

Again, still a great uniform, love it as an alternate, I just wouldn't want to see this era's set return full time. The Vikings current set - so long as monochrome is avoided - is a modern classic and among the NFL's best uniforms.

• Like 19
  • Applause 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

17 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Might be a scorching take but this throwback set is a just a tiny bit overrated. Still very much worthy of bringing back and a damn good uniform, but I honestly prefer the Vikings' current set to these by a good amount. The yellow and white on the stripes get muddied together at a distance due to lack of contrast and the gray facemask, though historically accurate, doesn't match the rest of the set at all. Feels weird to me having  a dull gray element on an otherwise bright and cheery uniform. Easily the next best set the Vikings have had, just wouldn't be my cup of tea if it returned as a full-time set.

Again, still a great uniform, love it as an alternate, I just wouldn't want to see this era's set return full time. The Vikings current set - so long as monochrome is avoided - is a modern classic and among the NFL's best uniforms.

I completely agree. Their current look is cool and has some unique modern elements. The throwback works perfectly as what it is.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

According to pretty much everyone, no team should have a throwback uniform because every team’s throwback should just be its permanent uniform.

You can never go wrong with the classics. 

XM4KeeA.png

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure, because brown facemasks were all the rage back in 1946.

Since historically accurate with no face mask is impossible, I think brown is fine.

Bigger question is, should there have been a helmet stripe at all?  Easy one to mock up.  Or I can just cover the stripe with my finger.

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Might be a scorching take but this throwback set is a just a tiny bit overrated. Still very much worthy of bringing back and a damn good uniform, but I honestly prefer the Vikings' current set to these by a good amount.

100% agree with this take here. Their current set is unique and has subtle design elements that tailor it to their brand. The throwback set is great, but it's just stripes.

Their current uniform does a great job of blending classic uniform elements with unique flourishes that make it more than just something out of a catalog.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

100% agree with this take here. Their current set is unique and has subtle design elements that tailor it to their brand. The throwback set is great, but it's just stripes.

Their current uniform does a great job of blending classic uniform elements with unique flourishes that make it more than just something out of a catalog.

This is my problem with most throwbacks and why I think they work better as throwbacks, but 9/10 people will see a 70s uniform with a gray facemask and outdated logo and be like “Bro these are fire. This should be the permanent uniform. The NFL is soft for only letting them wear it three times!”

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

When I first heard the Browns were possibly adding a white helmet, I didn't think I'd like it and I was right. I don't like it, I love it. Outstanding.

Yes, didn't know how they were playing it, but they played it right.

This is why I've been banging the drum for years for another NFL team to use a White helmet with Black or Navy mask (Texans would be a prime candidate).  This Cleveland uniform is a perfect match for it.

6 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

**Polarizing opinion but I don't like gray facemasks and I while it's the right move for a one-game throwback, I want them to have purple facemasks for standard uniforms.

6 hours ago, nuordr said:

The Vikings look good with the helmet shell and everything neck down. However, they should have been like Cleveland and not rolled out gray facemask. Purple or white would've been so much better. 

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I disagree about the facemask. (I know, I know.)  When I advocate here that every team in the league switch to gray masks, I'm kidding. (Well, mostly kidding.  Or at least, sometimes kidding.) But in this particular case, like the Colts, like the 49ers, like what the Browns should be wearing, it just looks so perfect with the uniform's overall aesthetic. 

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I disagree and I'm the gray-facemask-hattingest gray-facemask-hater who ever gray-facemask hated.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

I completely agree. Their current look is cool and has some unique modern elements. The throwback works perfectly as what it is.

If they had white striped socks to wear with the away purple pants it would be better. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

spacer.png

Now this right here is the best they’ve ever looked. 

I’d need to see it to be sure, but a white version of this with purple pants would be a perfect road look too. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

32 minutes ago, Cujo said:

These will be the Vikings primaries in five years. ✍️

Doesn’t have to be 5 years.  They’ve been wearing their current uniforms since’13. They can switch to this as soon as next year.  

I’ve generally been happy with what the Vikings have been wearing since they dumped the side panel mess.  As far as modern designs go it’s pretty cohesive.  But for whatever reason it’s seemed to get a little tired looking to me in the past couple of years. Maybe it’s the random monochrome outings, maybe the dopey color rush look, definitely the matching socks have hurt.  I dunno, I used to love it but recently I’ve been open to a change.  This throwback feels like a breath of fresh air.  The modern helmet finish and brighter looking Nike fabric kicks the whole look up just enough that it doesn’t feel like a clunky tribute uniform, at least not to me.  Stick the updated horn on the helmet and this is pretty much the perfect home uniform for the Vikings IMO. 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They can switch to this as soon as next year.  

wouldn't it have to be 2 years?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Vikings look great. Wouldn't mind it as a permanent look but not clamoring for it since the stripes aren't unique to them. 

The Browns helmet stripe is not distracting enough to ruin the look, but it is kinda odd. The pants stripe is the traditional look, going back to Paul Brown, but they've done brown orange brown in the past and it makes more sense with the sleeve stripes. So... idk. Would the helmet look better if it matched? In any case, would be happy for them to stick with the drop shadow as their alt look and ditch the all-brown forever.

• Like 2