NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Oh neat, a phrase no one in Tennessee ever said.

You're my boy, Blue! would have made everything alright.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d actually welcome a Reverse Retro program for the NFL

Seahawks throwbacks but with the current colors/logo. Bucs current uniforms but in creamsicle. An orange version of the Browns original color rush uniforms or just orange jersey based on the current set. Eagles current uniforms but in Kelly green and silver. 

Definitely some interesting possibilities there off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Frylock said:

Lifelong TP fan here, and I caught it immediately. To be fair, I remember when that song was brand new, so, I’m old 🤣

Also, “what notable impact Indiana has had on pop culture”? Um, David Letterman is still very much alive…

Good thing they didn't go with Seymour Indiana's own John Cougar Mellencamp, or we could have been looking at 'little pink unis, for you and me-ee-ee'.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, natodesigns said:

spacer.png

Swap out the old logo for the current, and I wouldn't be mad about this at all....swell way to update a classic. 

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 minutes ago, natodesigns said:

Posted this on BigFooty yesterday but thought I'd share it here too. This kit would look unreal with the current colour scheme (Just squint your eyes and pretend its the current Seahawks logo on the shoulder and helmet lol)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Agree with you. Not sure if you're trying to pass that off as yours but I made that and posted it here yesterday. 😅 

On 7/19/2023 at 5:36 PM, j'villejags said:

Seeing the old logo back makes me miss it. I think the totem pole aspect of it gets a little more lost in the sauce with the new logo. Maybe that's just me.

I like the collar stripes but agree with you on the shoulder stripe logo. It gets redundant on the side view with the helmet logo. Using the stripe pattern would make more sense.

I would like to see a matching set with both navy and royal. Revert back to the royal as a primary, and keep a navy set as the alternate. Might need to find a 'tweener gray/silver color that works well with both sets. And perhaps even a green.

(Spoiler tag for those who don't care to see a mock-up comparing the two color schemes.)

Reveal hidden contents

ng2K9kM.png

• Like 3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

10 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Burn. Everything

Get rid of name, burgandy and gold. Everything.

Salt the earth baby and make it a new team.

It's funny you should say that because living in the DC area, I hear the phrase "Burgundy and Gold" used almost as much as "Washington" and maybe even more so than "Commanders". 

I just don't see them getting rid of the color scheme. There was an actual history before Snyder and a pretty successful one at that. And it works in that division too. Red, white, and blue would just be so predictably boring for the DC region. 

• Like 9

Washington CAPITALS, cmon, that is :censored: ing brilliant 

• LOL 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

DC Independent Football Club

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don’t see as much of an issue with the name as I do with the uniforms. The name seems relatively harmless. It’s just difficult with these historical franchises with decades of history. Nothing would ever resonate quite like the original nickname because it feels artificial. From that perspective, anything they choose will have folks that dislike it. If they can clean up the uniforms and make them more cohesive (also wear the right combinations), then it’s a step in the right direction. But at some point, they just need to own an identity and build some history. Another change will just reset the feeling of unfamiliarity. Redsk*ns to WFT to Commanders to some unknown name all within a decade is just unbecoming of an NFL team.

• Like 6