NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

34 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

All of these throwbacks are incredible, but if I had to pick the worst of the bunch? Iā€™d say Tampa Bay. As far as the best, 100% Minnesota.

Using the matte helmets ruins Minnesotaā€™s throwback IMO

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Eyeroll 1

Kudos to the Jets for nailing the details here, even if the uniform is far from a personal favorite of mine - give me the '90s version with added black trim over this any day.

Ā 

Now watch in Week 1 how many players ruin the look by wearing full white socks because "icy" or "clean."

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Me waiting for the Rams new alt uniforms

Ā 

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/7b/cb/20/7bcb200dbe03514316f58a6b3cce8017.jpg

Ā 

You're going to be waiting a while. The team has confirmed nothing will be added this season, and we won't see anything new from the team until 2025 at the earliest.

Ā 

I'd be fine with yellow or a navy & white Fearsome Foursome throwback, just please let this mean they're abandoning any plans for a "Hollywood Nights" BFBS alt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, hormone said:

My .02 on everything throwback past two weeks. Bucs-cool for a game and nostalgia, but inferior to red/pewter (which Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve been red longer than orange). Seahawks-nice pop with those colors, but jersey is kinda plain and has logos on sleeve which some people find redundant. Iā€™m ok with it. Cool for a game. Titans-I donā€™t get the super love for the uniform or name. I think they did it to cash in on Houston exploring that color scheme. They literally had that name and uniform and chose to wear white all the time and drop the name. I think they benefit from the titans being a bottom 30 uniform look. Jets - this feels out of place. Would have been better throwback if they still had the old uniforms. Their current set feels to me that itā€™s a modern version of these anyway. Now you have a throwback thatā€™s better than the set it seems modeled after. Also, with it being white and how often they neglect green over white, they are playing as if they are a white team first. Vikings-like the jets, it feels too close to their home uniform, but people like the old school, so I take it or leave it. For me, Iā€™d rather see a purple, possibly white mask on either set. All in all, they are all fairly solid looks for a game or two. Way better than wearing mono black or mono white (socks included) that everybody seems to wear now.

Ā 

For me...

Ā 

Bucs: Decent uniform, never liked the logo, and I agree on liking the pewter.Ā 
Ā 

Seahawks: Love them, but it just dawned on me that the pants stripes don't go with anything else in the uniform and now I can't unsee it.

Ā 

Titans (Oilers): One of my favorite uniforms ever in any sport. But it doesn't sit right with me for the Titans to be the ones wearing it.

Ā 

Jets: I appreciate the attention to detail, using the proper font and even making sure the TV numbers are just as huge as they were back then. I prefer the updated version with black trim, but I can understand why they'd choose the uniforms worn by the New York Sack Exchange rather than the ones worn by Rich Kotite's 1-15 team.

Ā 

Vikings: I didn't like this uniform very much when it was current, and time hasn't made it better.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What time is the Broncos helmet unveiling today?

Ā 

Odds that they also unveil a White version of their Color Rush uniform to achieve a better look?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I know it would be ā€œicyā€ā€¦.but at least as far Denver goes, they have the ā€œCold as the Rockiesā€ stuff to lean into.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ā 

You're going to be waiting a while. The team has confirmed nothing will be added this season, and we won't see anything new from the team until 2025 at the earliest.

Ā 

I'd be fine with yellow or a navy & white Fearsome Foursome throwback, just please let this mean they're abandoning any plans for a "Hollywood Nights" BFBS alt.

Ā 

I just want a helmet with the full horn. Navy/white, Blue/yellow, whatever... just give me the old horn.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

What time is the Broncos helmet unveiling today?

Ā 

Odds that they also unveil a White version of their Color Rush uniform to achieve a better look?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I know it would be ā€œicyā€ā€¦.but at least as far Denver goes, they have the ā€œCold as the Rockiesā€ stuff to lean into.

Ā 

I wouldn't mind them wearing monowhite with a white helmet.Ā 

• Like 1

Ā 

All New: NFL Random
Website ā˜… Behance ā˜… TwitterĀ ā˜… Geekier Twitter

Denver needs to follow Miami's lead. They need to retire the all Blue uniform which opens a slot to bring a white version of the color rush into the fold to wear with this new helmetĀ Ā 

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Those are... fine? They aren't awful, just unnecessary.Ā 

Ā 

Feels like a sure thing that they wear those against New England. That game is in primetime and on Christmas Eve. If you're unveiling something that's #Snowcapped and then don't wear it around Christmas, then you're really bad at marketing lol

• Like 15

Not surprised with no new uniform, if the Broncos are indeed getting new ones next year. No need to rush it. Could see this helmet being a one-year thing.Ā 

Ā 

The helmet/uniform itself is fine. The helmet feels like itā€™s there just because they can. It matches the throwback style, so it at least looks at home somewhat (unlike the Saintsā€™ attempt). Itā€™s just hard to get excited about it. Itā€™s not bad, justā€¦ boring? White helmets and ā€œiced-outā€ branding is just so overplayed nowadays.

• Like 7

spacer.png

Visit my website atĀ SSmith Designs (google.com)